Secret Vessel "Morel" by Justin P. - FINISHED - Master Korabel - Scale 1:36

Its done.  Wrapped up the last bits today, including a few more anchors, a few handholds and the provided stand.   I used some Syren scale rope I had laying around from another project in lieu of the provided nylon rope for the steerage cables.   I also added the air pipe.  

All in all it was a pleasure to build and a fun little deviation from the much longer, much more arduous building projects.   I think I need to reward myself with more of these little quick builds in order to break up what can sometimes feel like an endless build somewhere else.  

Forgive the black backdrop on these final images, its what I had laying around.  I wished to take better photos, but without my studio at work Im a bit hampered.   I can usually bring a few bits home for these sorts of things.   I must invest in my own neutral grey sometime soon...  or perhaps a good Lightbox.  

Thanks all for following along and all the kind words. 

DSCF5752.thumb.JPG.33d79f7fe01ef5521dcaa2877029aeb1.JPGDSCF5758.thumb.JPG.0497384a731bcaa3a9333c73ea979b34.JPG

DSCF5762.thumb.JPG.0ca0242338535becbaea50548660d61f.JPGDSCF5764.thumb.JPG.9d9bef839f27ec73cf232c6f7bb4ccd1.JPG

Edited by Justin P.

Absolutely beautiful in every way. Great craftsmanship! I actually like the black background for your final photos...very dramatic...

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Wonderful work on this build.  The black background sets it off perfectly.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Superb work. You really made a great job on this particular model. So clean and so precise.

Thanks for sharing.

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

6 hours ago, James H said:

That is impressive! If you haven't uploaded any gallery images, you should definitely add some of your finished images of her.

Done.  

11 hours ago, Justin P. said:

I think I need to reward myself with more of these little quick builds in order to break up what can sometimes feel like an endless build somewhere else.

That's an interesting thought. I'm feeling that a bit in my current 2.5 year project and could see the value in doing somethinge else, but I also so want to be done! Regardless, well done. Master Korabel seems to do really nice work.

Edited by Cathead

12 hours ago, Justin P. said:

All in all it was a pleasure to build and a fun little deviation from the much longer, much more arduous building projects.   I think I need to reward myself with more of these little quick builds in order to break up what can sometimes feel like an endless build somewhere else.  

Absolutely excellent decision. I've found that on big projects, I enter "modelling paralysis" and need to knock out a simple kit or two to get my mojo back. Some immediate gratification inspires and motivates me to continue on the complicated projects.

Bob Cardone

On the bench:

Gunboat Philadelphia Model Shipways 1:24

CSS Palmetto State Verlinden 1:200 

Next up:

USN Picket Boat #1 Model Shipways 1:24

Completed:

F-4 Phantom Hasegawa 1:48

Smilodon Fatalis Unknown manufacturer and scale

Panzer IV 1:32 Unimax/ Forces of Valor prebuilt with mods, diorama

Member of the Nautical Research Guild         

What a nice little subject, well done. I wonder how much weight was to add to keep it under water.

Current Build:

HM Brig Badger 1/48 from Caldercraft plans

Le Coureur 1/48 by CAF

Completed Build:

Armed Virginia Sloop 1/48 by Model Shipways / Gallery
HM Cutter Sherbourne 1/64 by Caldercraft / Gallery

Congratulations! Well done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

WOW!  fantastic job! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch