HMS Pegasus by realworkingsailor - Amati/Victory Models - 1/64

what?????.....oh, right..........the movie choices.  now gents.......there's nothing wrong with a chick flic every now and then :D :D    in reality,   I don't remember even watching those movies........but I do have the anniversary edition for 'Dirty Dancing'  :)     I'm more of a war and horror buff myself...........I like comedy too,  but if it fringes to far into the void,  I leave it for the admiral and my oldest son to watch.

I could have dubbed in some Robin Williams........... 'Birdcage'......and 'the world according to Garpp'.   I thought he did a great 'Popeye' as well :D :D :D

life has been 'interesting' around here {at home} of late.....   my builds have suffered a little......but I have managed to vent in other ways ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Dirty Dancing........not bad.  But I'm more of a Flashdance kind of a guy if we're talkin' choreography.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

if you liked that one Augie......look for the movie  'Rooftops'.   it's an oldie.    my oldest son was into break dancing.........I saw pain,  just watching him...... :o

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Believe it or not, the Admiral and I still like to watch dancing (keyword---- watch).  Love 'So you think you can dance'.

We will now return this log to it's normal programming.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

my thought as well  ;)        so Andy,   what have you got planned for when you get back?  second step for Peg?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hello everyone

Sorry if I'm not my usual happy fun time self lately. We've had a sudden and unexpected death in the family, and it's hit everyone rather hard. You folks are a pleasant distraction for me just being who you are. Please keep it up, it does help.

I'm hoping to get an early relief off the ship and be home by the middle of November.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Very sorry to hear that Andy. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

sorry to hear about your loss....my thoughts are with you and your family.  I wish you luck with getting home.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

You have our condolences as well Andy.   Truly sorry.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and condolences. It's nice to have such a great group of people around here who truly care about each other. To be honest, there are times when I feel very much alone. Being able to see a few ships being built, and the great stories and laughs everyone has here helps a lot to make the distances shorter, and things a little easier. Once again, thank you all so very much.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

glad to hear you say that..........I'm not such a screwy person after all..........HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D

..........just trying to make you laugh,  good friend!   now find you way clear to go home.......your family needs you  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Best wishes Andy, I'm blessed with a family who have not yet had such a difficult surprise. My condolences. Take care and get home safely.

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Hello Andy,

Please accept our sincere condoleances for your loss of a loved one.

You are not alone, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.

And hoping you will find strength and comfort in your memories.

We hope you will be able to get home soon to be with your family.

Take good care of yourself.

Anja & Sjors

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Please accept my very sincere condolences on the sad loss of a dear family member Andy.

Have a quick and safe journey home my friend.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

It saddens my heart when a friend is in pain. I hate your dilema of being at sea and losing a dear member of your inner circle. Growing up as a Navy brat I learned early of that from my father and his beening trapped at sea. In his case, with radio silence the sailors didn't know until arriving home, which was never fun to see as all the families always met the boat at the dock.

What you do is hard enough without such further worries and concerns.  Grief is such a hard emotion to cope with and isolation intensifies it so much. Our thoughts and prayers are that you may be able to remain strong and have the patience needed in this time of waiting, and that you will be released soon to be with your family. Your presence on MSW brings smiles to so many faces and I soon hope your back to your usual self, but take your time as we all are here for you.

Again, thanks to everyone for your messages of condolences. I had a long chat with my sister earlier today, and we spent a lot of time talking about our fondest memories from when we were kids. There's going to be a celebration of my grandfather's life later this month and I'm trying to figure out something to say. I've started put some ideas together, but nothing concrete yet. I'll figure something out.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

My condolences as well Andy. If you draw from your memories, I know you can put something great together for the remembrance celebration.

Hopefully you'll be home with your family soon!

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

Andy,

I'm sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing.  I hope you can make the memorial.   The right words will come when the time is right.  Might be the middle of the night or high noon, but they will come.

In many ways, this place is a sometimes rather disjointed family and other times, it can feel closer than the real thing.  Keith hit it dead center.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Andy,

My sincere condolences. I know the feeling of losing a grand pa', and I'm sure you'll find the words.

Padeen (Adeline)

"When there is a will, there is a way"

Completed build: Le Camaret - Constructo - static wood 1:35  (build log, gallery)

Current build (very limited modelling time at the moment...): HMS Fly - Amati/Victory Models - static wood 1:64 (build log)

Projected build: HMS Victory - Chris Watton's design - static wood 1:64 (when available..., no rush!)

Hi Andy

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. You sure know the saying that nobody is really dead as long as he lives in the memories of people close to him. And if one sees his time coming it certainly is easier to accept it, knowing that people like you will keep him alive.

Take care

Peter

Andy,

I just caught up with your log... My sincere condolences to you and your family for the loss. I hope you get home asap...

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)