Please welcome Modeler's Sawmill as our newest sponsor

Joes bannermsw.jpg

Please welcome Joe as our newest sponsor.  He sells precision milled wood sheets and strips.  Please visit his website and have a look.

Modeler's Sawmill

Boxwood...Swiss Pear....Walnut....Cherry...Alaskan Yellow Cedar etc.

boxwood.jpg

Welcome Joe!!!

Hey guys I’m now a sponsor on the forum so I can openly discuss any questions you may have. I also want to thank all the members who have purchased from me. And I hope everyone is satisfied with the product I’m putting out. I’m always open to feedback. 

I know a lot of people have been requesting holly and I’m actively looking for good quality wood, but the prices right now are sky high and I don’t want to put anyone off by the price I would have to charge above the other woods. Thanks again and contact me if there’s anything you need. 

Joe

Welcome Joe.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Hi Joe and thanks for being a sponsor of Model Ship World.  I am glad you have stepped up to provide us modelers with precision milled wood for our projects. I look forward to becoming a customer of yours.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Already a very satisfied customer. Quick turn-around, quality wood, accurate cuts.  We really need to thank Joe by buying from him and keeping him in business. We've missed having a ready source for milled wood.  Thanks Joe!

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Great to see you're now a sponsor, Joe.  I wish you much success and from the reviews and comments about your wood, you will be.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I purchased some oversized Alaskan Yellow Cedar for my "Sea of Galilee" boat as well as some boxwood for a future nef.  Both transactions were great and the wood is great as well.  Very satisfied customer.  Welcome aboard Joe. :cheers:

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

Welcome Joe,  are there any long term plans to ship to the UK in your future? I'm sure there would be a lot of interest on this side of the pond😉

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

I can vouch for Joe as I purchased the complete cut wood kit for the Cheerful and it is all great quality wood.

Paul

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48

Completed Build: HM Cutter Cheerful-Syren Ship Models 1/48

Completed Build:  Artesania Latina Bluenose II

Completed Build Lady Nelson

• 1 month later...

Just want to thank everyone who has placed an order. I also want to make everyone aware of a shipping delay coming out of North NJ due to the collapse of one of the USPS distribution centers during the storm a few weeks ago. If you have any issues after at least 2 weeks please contact me and I'll make an inquiry at my local P.O. . Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

Joe

modelers sawmill

thewoodmansshed@gmail.com

• 2 months later...

Hello Ladies and Gents just want to let everyone know that I'll be taking some time off for the Christmas holidays.

I'll be out of the shop between Dec. 20th and Jan. 2nd I'll start up again on the 3rd of Jan.

Just want to thank everyone for supporting my small shop and hope to hear from you in the New Year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years,

Joe

Modelers Sawmill

thewoodmansshed@gmail.com

Edited by Joe V
Grammer

• 2 weeks later...