LE BONHOMME RICHARD by Jeronimo - Finished

A true work of art. Awesome attention to detail and outstanding craftmanship! :cheers:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde</strong></span></p><br />

<p> </p><br />

<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2720-elsie-by-4whelr-modelshipways/#entry73752'>http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2720-elsie-by-4whelr-modelshipways/#entry73752</a>'><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Current Build - Elsie</strong></span></a>

The modelwork looks fantastic, I am having difficulty understanding how the block is used and how it would be handled. can you detail how it works? for me or point me in the right direction to glean the same.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thank you Karl, so if I understand correctly, someone had to unhook the block from the rope that held the block and hook it through the ring of the Anchor before letting the Anchor down.

From a purely practical point of view that looks like a very difficult task given the size of the block and the position of the Anchor.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Karl,

I rarely venture to the Scratch Built Section because it makes me soooo nervous (:-) Builds, such as yours are so "out-of-this-world" stunning that I then look at my efforts and need to improve so much. Examples, such as yours, make "all of us" as Karl just said stare for minutes at each photo gazing in wonder. Such a pleasure on the eyes....

I will spend more time learning, and ingesting ideas from this "side" of this great MSW forum. Your work of art is beyond superlatives. I have the Boudriot books, and may (one of these days) try something French (:-) PS: From a kit ha ha ha....

Again, yours is incredibly astonishing.

Regards,

Michael 

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Thanks for this great build log. I'm interested to see what is comeing next.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Congratulations Karl. Beautiful beautiful beautiful :) masterpiece. Can you picture both parts together if its ok. I miss part one and it will be interesting to see them together. Thank you :)

Past build: BRACERA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do... Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover"

KIND REGARDS!

ELMIR

Hello Karl,

congratulations on finishing! The model is incredible, true masterpiece! Thanks for sharing your work with us!

Alexander

Current build: HMS Sphynx, 20 gun ship launched in 1775 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.

On the drawing board: HMS Anson, 64 gun third rate ship of the line, launched in 1781 at Plymouth

Banner_AKHS.png

• 2 weeks later...

3nd Construction stage

Main-Mast-Section

Project Planning;

Length of hull ;  499,0 mm

Hight of the keel to the top of the mainmast :1489,0  mm

Mainyard width including

Main-topmast studdingsail-boom :  729,0 mm

Complete rigging

Regards Karl

T e i l  26

post-632-0-48235800-1369618330_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-17051100-1369618343_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-11869900-1369618356_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-48331400-1369618386_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-95013800-1369618405_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-48343600-1369618420_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-58327300-1369618434_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-24300400-1369618449_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-40041900-1369618465_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-86986400-1369618477_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-11059900-1369618488_thumb.jpg

Karl,

You're off to a great start.  This will be interesting to watch and also see the masting take shape.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Wonderful start. I will follow your third part with great interest.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Great to see you've started the third section Karl. We are in for another treat I see!