HMAS Vendetta 1925 by cog, popeye the sailor, and RGL - FINISHED - Showcase Models -1/350 - PLASTIC

Nice work on the davits Cog. 

Talking about food, you do bite very well. 

Railings are on, re did the flag as the ensign with the southern cross apparently didn’t come into service till 1967 ( I think the year Cog left school), and apparently there is no clad on the main mast, the national flag only goes on the bow. 

At this scale you can stick the decal onto tin foil then bend as to have it fluttering but the kit ones are a bit small so I used a ensign from the Dreadnought, not as sharp but folds better. 

I used the kit liferingwhich aren’t that bad. 

Ready to weather. 

21906FAA-935A-4CDC-862E-90571838E9B5.jpeg

A169A3E9-CB64-498B-9B99-E2F6380A6BF6.jpeg

2B6B19F5-7DC3-4B9A-8276-DB006BAD7462.jpeg

Edited by RGL

Greg

Nice, Greg! Great job on the rust and grunge weathering. Looks great alongside your other warships.

Okay, Carl, your turn !  ;):D

Edited by Jack12477

Thanks RGL.

Hmmm, you seem to know my age. Glad someone does.

She turned out rather nice. Like the make-up you applied ... I just wondered: the light colour was pre WWI ... at that time she was still British ... or was white running up to WWII ... getting old ...

My turn what turn...?

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Great job there greg,   one of your best I think,   you have got the weathering just right - very impressive.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Finally time to pick on you (-r build)!

I am very taken by the look of her, your oil canning, and shading turned out beautiful - practice makes perfect, and it shows in your painting. You made her come alive with the (little/significant) changes you applied. I know, for I've got the same box content, and can see what you did add, and/or change, or ommit. Your weathering isn't over done, I wish I could say otherwise, but it's spot on.

The bottom hull is to dark to my taste (now I'm getting picky), and only three rafts were available, whilst you put on four (builders prerogative?) Blame these remarks on my just not liking you finishing first ... a very sore looser ... o, helll ... it wasn't a contest!!! darn, wrong build log ... must be the age ...

Still waiting on international snail mail ...

Edited by cog

Carl

I'm running a meager third,  with nar a lick 'o paint on her yet.  that will change..........hopefully tomorrow,  but I have a couple chores to do.

great job Greg.........but I don't have any extra flags lying around........guess I'll have to make do with what I have.   superior job with the weathering and rigging.

awe-inspiring model!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Great build Greg, a very nice addition to your collection.  Any plans on a HMAS Sydney?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Greg,

I find it's not just the price. I built the ZMS O16 (sub), there isn't much fun in doing it either. Not a lot of parts, e.g. hull and deck are one piece, or when I compare Tamiya's I400, the bridge consists out of multiple sections, not just a bridge, antennea,and persicope. I can undersand why, but to me it takes the challenge out of it. You can replace parts with after market, or add missing items, but it would make an expensive kit even more expensive. ... I wonder what a Yamato would do at 1/350 resin :wacko: ...

Edited by cog

Carl

I think Greg should get another one and do the Stewart,  or the Vampire.........I have some pictures of the Waterhen   :ph34r:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I'm going to go for the 1941 version.........she had two camo jobs done on her about this time.   what stinks though,  is that most of the pictures are in black 'n white,  so I had a hard time judging if they used black or a darker gray.  I'm going for the gray,  since the pendant number can still be read though the camo.  it was said that during some of her refits,  armament from captured ships was used on her {mainly the smaller guns} and operated them until the seized ammo was used up

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

painting has started..........pictures in a bit  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

painting has started..........pictures in a bit  ;) 

Paint her in mono tone colors - problem solved,  just dont take pics of her in colour.;)

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

JOB!!!!!  you get fired??????  say it isn't so :(    I hope you find one good buddy!   I keep pray'in for Wally to let me go.......but I guess they're not done with me yet :D  :D  {I know....it's not funny}

sure.......OK OC........I'll go buy a black 'n white camera  :D 

fine........I have pictures!  if your faint at the sight......look away {may cause seizures}.  I figured I'd paint the hull.   the color chart that came along with the kit shows a red......looked like a normal red to me,  so I painted the bottom in flat red.   I was going to decant some red primer....it looks a rust color...I still may do it for the deck.

5b21d06a60d37_1.jpg.d102f73d574f38d116349398b45dd6c7.jpg

masking tape off..........re-positioned and another line added for the black water line.

5b21d0854378c_2.jpg.10e9fa4248c3ef0a4434bcc2f08dcba1.jpg

5b21d0c09d96a_3.jpg.cdb878209643af444244548013ed240f.jpg

now I said I wanted to go with the camo during 1941.  I would have gone the 1940 route,  but it looks a bit more complicated.   reusing the masking tape is not a good idea.......don't do it.   I had to make a couple of small touch ups.  I went with the Ghost gray,  and then camo-ed her with Gunship gray.

5b21d19ef1263_4.jpg.2e697555f609738c9070ddd827ec947a.jpg

5b21d1a84dcb0_5.jpg.9cabd1bc9d68fd0b4523f26052f4fe07.jpg

here is a closer shot of the port side.....

5b21d1ca32226_6.jpg.858394aa43d197e07204f85120af5f90.jpg

5b21d1d84bb2f_7.jpg.761c258dd4f76d2188937823f6271d36.jpg

drum roll please...................the PE is here!

5b21d203242a1_8.jpg.4318778e9f584ef7548bf163c0f69249.jpg

....all the way from the Czech republic !   I have all the railings,  doors,  gussets,  and ladders I will ever need!

5b21d3232b696_10.jpg.70a3caccc3681e536212bde74b9d543a.jpg

5b21d336c54ce_11.jpg.39bbcf706c507254bd7eddff6c136518.jpg

5b21d33e0f661_12.jpg.cbe0e7db5d42835e70ebb1f1245c9213.jpg

5b21d343e91ac_13.jpg.2e1db05735510bb57fce8b40eb421f19.jpg

first thing to do is put those doors on the backwards bulkhead.  the paint that I mixed for the deck....now that I look at it again......I think it looks a shade on the pinkish side,  so I might not use it.   back to the drawing board   more soon  :)  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks CDW......already got a tiny taste of PE.   I'm more worried about my nerves,,,fine time that the admiral wants to quit smoking:rolleyes:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: