HMS Pegasus by realworkingsailor - Amati/Victory Models - 1/64

Andy,

I worked a number of DOD contracts over the years and realize there are many Mil Standards out there, but it's been a while since I've seen the one your referencing for your ship building... ;)  

Regards,

Larry

----------------------------------------------------

Current Build

US Brig Niagara

Completed Builds

George W Washburn - 1890 Tugboat

Future Builds

18th Century Longboat by MS

HM Cutter Cheerful

Wappen Von Hamburg by Corel

If your not making mistakes, your not challenging yourself – my life has been full of challenges :)

Don't worry, Andy, I think the calamity has passed and the worst is over  :)

Guys, let's get back to work and start the nuts rolling, oops I mean the balls rolling, yikes, pardon me, I mean let us proceed accordingly :D

OK, I will sneak back to my cave now

cute_dino_with_cave_man_hw.jpg

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Okay Andy....although I would prefer to say your backside was what I was drawn to rather than Peggy's :piratetongueor4: . And boys it is time to put all the balls, cannon or cotton away, and leave all the nuts for the local squirrels to hide for their winter dining pleasure.

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Hey Andy,

A while back we were sharing our favourite Farside cartoons. Given the venerability of some of us, this one seems kind of appropriate:

post-242-0-05825300-1372423167_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy, I thought I'd make a comment on your build now all the wierdness is almost over (I think!)

I've been following your build and I think you're doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work.

Caroline

First Completed Build: San Francisco (Original Version)

Current build: Victory Models HMS Pegasus

Cross Stitch Project (Finished): Battle Of Agamemnon and Ca Ira

Cross Stitch Project : Victory & Temeraire

Thanks, Caroline :)

I did look through your build as well, before the great crash, I must say, at the time I wasn't sure if I could have done all the renovations you've done to the interior (they look impressive BTW). Lucky for me, my next build comes with the cabin interiors (or at least, all the bulkheads), so the challenge might be simply super-detailing them.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Been off in the hinterlands of hellweek at work.  Come back and aaacccckkkkkkk.....post-76-0-25551100-1372640423.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Andy,

Just went through your build for the second time. So impressive. Beautiful. Your copper, canons, masts all are so well articulated in miniature. Really special. The Pegasus requires a lot of precise talent, you certainly fit that bill. Congrats...

PS: Lov the drill/lathe. You win the Rudd Goldberg Award for that one.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Well.. a big thank you to everyone who endeavoured to keep this thread alive (for good or evil) during my last work session. I have a small update before I head north later today. Let us hope that normality will be restored and the weirdness will stay hidden under whatever dark rock it came from in the first place.... <_<

So... without further a-do...

The first set of main shrouds....

Serving the leading shroud took a good while. Anyone who recalls my machine is only good for about 6 inches of serving at one time.... (well 5 1/2 to give yourself a little working space)... anyway, to server a length of line almost 12 inches required a few adjustments along the way. A simple matter of securing the leading edge of the serving with a single overhand knot to keep things from unravelling, adjust the position of the shroud and resume. I found I didn't need to untie the knot as it's almost invisible. It actually served as a proof of concept for more complicated servings I will have to do in the near future (cut splices etc.) .... it is possible to stop, adjust and restart.. without having things turn into a rat's nest later on... at least not by themselves... what I do with them will be another matter altogether. :rolleyes:

Andy

post-34-0-22303100-1373033114_thumb.jpg

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

good to see you back working on her Andy  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Welcome home sailor !

It's only a short period before you leave again to the North but that is for the fun stuff  :)

Enjoy your stay over there…...

Your seizing looks good ( I hope I use the right word for that )

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Terrific.  Let the games begin!!!!!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

B.E. I'm not sure of the exact diameter.. I have at measured... But by eye I'd say it's somewhere less than 0.05mm, button thread. When I'm home again, I'll try and give you a good measurement of the thread size.

The weather wasn't exactly nice today... But hopefully it will improve tomorrow... I've got a speed boat and sail boat to exercise... I think the need to be out on the water is some sort of illness and I have a particularly acute case. Never mind about a cure... I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Yea! Peggy's home, Peggy's home!!!!

Enjoy your little break from the real world Andy!

Robbyn

If you risk nothing, you risk everything!

Current builds

Syren (Model Shipways) version 2.0

AL San Francisco II

Mordaunt (Euro Model)

Completed Builds

18th Century Longboat designed by Chuck Passaro

In the closet

Battle Station

Al Charles Morgan (1980s version)

Andy

Although its a few pages back now - I love those outdoor shots of your Pegasus and have to agree with Mike - a very nice stern on your ship. I particularly like the way the planking joints are visible - I presume intentionally. Fantastic work!

Cheers

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Well... What can I say... The weather is not conducive to ship modelling... Or doing much else beyond lounging in the lake... At the same time there has been an utter paucity of wind... So my sail boat remains tied up to the dock.... But it's not all fun and waiting games.. Tore down the old "boat house" now we have to clean up the mess and build a new one.... A little sturdier than the rotten old log lean-to we pulled down today.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Hey.....stop complaining.  You're still building and it's nautical.  :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956