HMS Pegasus by realworkingsailor - Amati/Victory Models - 1/64

nice to see you back  Andy....... looking forward to more -------- of your build,...... I didn't want to sound like you know who!! :D

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

We want pics!!!!!

( just filling in........ (-: )

Completed      Robert E Lee, Misisssippi riverboat               

Completed,  HMS Victory Bow Section

Completed,  Wells Fargo Stagecoach...Picasa album.... 

Completed,  Lackawanna tugboat converted to private yacht...

Completed:  Sopwith Camel, 1:16 Scale, Model Airways...at another location...

Completed:  1961 Ferrari F-1 Sharknose

Completed: (sorta)  OcCre BR-18 Locomotive

Completed: 1/35 Pz.KPfw.III

Completed: Allerton Steam Pumper circa 1869

you mean it was hollow towards the base?   WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!  you just trashed one of Sjor's gnome home!  :)

that will make for some good fire wood when it's dry......I'm sure you heat the cottage with wood......do you burn it at your residence as well?   easy enough to split.....till you get to the solid.  I wish we had a fire place here....I love the smell of a good fire ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Most of the wood will be used for cooking. We have a brick "barbeque" that we cook over in the summer. Very little gets used for heating because the place is uninsulated.

As for the gnomes, most where eaten during the great raccoon invasion, and the survivors packed up and left after the blizzard of '88 :P;)

Edited by realworkingsailor

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

If it's not one thing (raccoons), it's another (blizzard).  I guess you'll be making a visit to Gnomes-R-Us??

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

We have enough species of small furry animals as it is... I don't think we really need any more ;)

Anyway, more to the point, I've been busy today with shrouds and whatnot. One more pair and I'll have the foremast done. To bring some variety to the task, I swung down to the bowsprit and made up the collar for the shrouds. The book says this could have been done as two pieces or as one, I chose the latter, despite being slightly more complex, it still meant a little less work. I'll have some

Photos later tomorrow morning (EDT, Sjors) for everyone.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

nice to see you back Andy

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Alright, photos as promised!

Finished the last pair of shrouds this morning. Next step is to look at the outer bobstay collar and both forestay collars.

post-34-0-01419000-1378994283_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-04436900-1378994296_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-14537300-1378994305_thumb.jpg

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Thanks guys! :)

B.E., I'm planning on darkening them. I have a weathering mix of India ink and rubbing alcohol that I plan on using, but I'm going to subject my ratlines to the same treatment, so I'll do it all at once.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

very nice clean work Andy......uniform and well done ;)

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Oh, yeah...nice shrouds.  But it's Pegasus himself that keeps catching my eye :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Oh, yeah...nice shrouds. But it's Pegasus himself that keeps catching my eye :)

Well, you can order him as an aftermarket part.... Substitute figureheads on you current build ? :huh::P;)

Sjors, all things being equal I may delve into ratlines next week... We'll see ;)

Andy

Edited by realworkingsailor

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

real nice job on the shrouds and lanyards Andy

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Have to agree with everyone - very nice shrouds and lanyards.

Maybe you could borrow Augie's spiders for the ratlines...he won't need them for a little while! I don't think you'd want Sjors' gnomes...they sound like trouble. :P  :D

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

Andy, let me say how much I am enjoying your build here. I finally got caught up after reading through it all. A very impressive build. Your rigging especially is wonderful. Now that i have caught up, I was wondering if you could send me the instructions to build your serving machine. I have not done any serving yet, but the look of your shrouds and stays makes me want to attempt it.

I also have a question. You use Hypo cement for your rigging. Have you found a way to tame the tube it comes in? I have used it in the past for attaching acetate because it doesn't yellow it like CA does, but every time I use it it oozes out of the tube faster than I get the top back on and makes a mess. .Any tips on how you use it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Oh, and welcome back.

Was just about to ask you over on your Maritime Adventures post about your Pegasus build, when I realised I hadn't actually pushed the 'Follow this Topic' button ages ago... Jeez I'm way out of date on this build :)

Eamonn

Current Build   :  HM Schooner Ballahoo

In the Pipeline :  HM Cutter Sherbourne, HM Mortar Convulsion, Emma C Berry & C18th English Longboat.. Eventually That Is..🙄

Hi Tom, I'll forward you a copy as soon as I can.

As for the Hypo, there is no secret, yes it does ooze, but I keep a paper towel close at hand and wipe off the needle point right before applying. Try not to squeeze too hard, a small dent in the metal tube is enough to keep you well supplied with glue for hours.

Eamonn, no worries, glad to have you aboard :)

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Looking good Andy - almost time for rattling!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Sweeeeeeeeeet, she looking an absolute picture mate, shrouds and deadeye's look fantastic, be proud my friend, be very proud. :dancetl6:  

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Nice work Andy - very tidy. I look forward to getting where you are at and doing half as good a job. In the meantime...planking...

Cheers

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Thanks guys!

I've since installed the forestay and revisited the inner bobstay (it's now properly served). Started this morning on the outer bobstay collar. I'll have some photos up later today.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy