LE BONHOMME RICHARD by Jeronimo - Finished

Like many others I have followed your build from the beginning and have not stopped admiring your exquisite workmanship. Many congratulations on finishing this beautiful work of art. 

I'm going to miss the updates but I suspect I'll be looking back through the log for inspiration and maybe just to admire your work.

Thank you Karl for sharing this build with us. 

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Hats off!!! Truly a MasterPiece. You are an inspiration!

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

A simply magnificent example of the model maker's art Karl. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us - it has been truly inspirational.

Karl,

I can't say much more than what everyone else has.   This is a work of art as are the other two sections you have completed.   Can we get a picture of all 3 sections in one picture?  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Karl,

It really is a masterpiece. Besides the exceptional craftsmanship, the overall effect of how you presented it becomes a work of art.

Mark

Karl,

Absolutely superlative work-beautiful, congrats on another excellent build.

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Hi friends,

many thanks for the comments and Likes.

Karl, I have been following your build of all three sections of this ship for a few years now and can only say they are all astounding! Might we see a photo shoot of all three sections together?

Karl,

I can't say much more than what everyone else has.   This is a work of art as are the other two sections you have completed.   Can we get a picture of all 3 sections in one picture?  

Unfortunately, a picture with three model segments of the BHR is not possible together.

Every model segment is for itself in a seperate glass cabinet / protective bonnet and

stand on different places.

Here, however, some pictures of my private ship model -museum.

Karl  :10_1_10:

post-632-0-61778300-1430102140_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-60701300-1430102151_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-66847100-1430102162_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-37058000-1430102174_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-40253000-1430102186_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-38810200-1430102198_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-91106100-1430102208_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-13396600-1430102221_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-08971500-1430102234_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-85731300-1430102256_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-32275700-1430102266_thumb.jpg

Thanks Karl.  Wow... what a beautiful display method. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Karl,

One of the Wonders of the ModelShipWorld ( and the model ships world )...

Is finished... It was magnificent for me to follow your build, your talent...

Full of admiration, envy, wonderment from my side...

Congratulations...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Hello friends,

thanks to all for your kind comments.

Very nice work and even nicer when we see where you display it.

Karl, did you decide which model  is going to be your next build?

My next project  is the construction / build of the 74-Gun Ships,

rear section as a cross-model with complete interior outfitting.

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karl

Congratulations on finishing such an incredible work of art!  And thank you again for sharing your talent with us.

The display looks fantastic!!!

I can't wait to follow your next project and be inspired by your skills.

Karl,

Amazing work! I really like your display cases as well, did you make them? if so can your share a bit on the methods used?

That's quite a ship, you never get a feel for the scale until you see the photos next to your furniture and especially where the top masts stretch up toward the ceiling!

If I ever manage to get across the pond to Germany, I hope I can stop by for a close-up view.

Ken

Current Build: Authentic Hannah Kit Bash

Pending Continuation: Sea of Galilee Boat

Completed Build:  MS AVS

On Shelf: AL Independence, Blue Jacket Alfred

Thank you Karl for this beautiful build. And thanks for sharing. You are true artist and great person. This is model for museum!

I wish you good health and some more new outstanding models!

Regards :)

Past build: BRACERA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do... Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover"

KIND REGARDS!

ELMIR

Simply a dream!

Thank you for sharing with us all, Daniel

Hi friends.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and comments.

Now it comes with a lot of joy to the construction of the  74- gun ship.

Regards Karl  :10_1_10:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10455-the-74-gun-ship-by-jeronimo/

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/300-le-bonhomme-richard-by-jeronimo/

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/497-chaloupe-armée-en-guerre-by-jeronimo-1834/

https://fotoalbum.web.de/ui/gallery/karl.weinmann

Edited by Jeronimo