Le Fleuron by Gaetan Bordeleau - FINISHED - 1:24

Let's see.  Fiberoptic headlight with Xenon light source.  OR light.  Where are the fiberoptic telescope photos inside the hull?

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

There is only one flaw with such a nice outfit.  Your model has to be flawless.  It will not only show the errors but magnify them.  I doubt if I would have the courage to set one up :huh:

David B

The first try to take pictures inside the model ship was with a web cam, low resolution, later changed for another one with a higher resolution. For those who remember MSW 1.0, here is an example, picture 1. Then to control the angle of the camera, tubes were used with adaptor at the end.

With Le Fleuron, new options are explore. First a tripod with a horizontal extension was used. Unfortunately, the height of the extension cannot be adjust, picture 3. I have been reading since few months about moonlight and light stand to hold it. One of the versions is a boom stand. Unlike the ‘’boom tripod’’ the height of the boom light stand can be adjust.

Few words about lamps, first for Greg, here is another one from Burton bought from EBay, picture 4. On the picture 5, there are 2 lamps for which I paid around the same price; one from Dazor halogen type and the other one from Aamsco.   I also want to point another model from Dazor. I think that this LED light model is probably one the best lamp available on the market below $500, http://www.dazor.com/led-desk-lamps.html  The Aamsco lamp was bought used from a place similar to http://www.pemed.com/   in the lights section, they sell used medical gadgets. The Xenon light was also bought from another similar place. Again, if you take the time to look carefully, you can find a used lamp of high quality at the price of an ordinary lamp and the idea to have such a kind of lamp is that you can easily see objects that you wound not see otherwise.

David I would say it is impossible to produce a flawless model. It happens frequently after taking pictures to see details which need to be corrected, so the first one who benefits is me. Often the camera benefits view angle that we do not have.

post-184-0-20203500-1401902819_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-35453300-1401902823_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-62299800-1401902828_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-76166900-1401902832_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-59397400-1401902837_thumb.jpg

Gaetan, it is great to see your workshop space there are always thing you have set up that are things that we often do not pay enough attention to but you do.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Hi Gaetan,

I see you won a Master Level award in the latest edition of the Nautical Research Guild Journal (Vol 59, No 2, p. 140). Congratulations!

Mark

My congratulations on the award as well, Gaetan.  Well deserved.

Ed

Congratulations Gaetan!!!! post-76-0-08346600-1402247966.gifpost-76-0-08346600-1402247966.gifpost-76-0-08346600-1402247966.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations Gaetan - thoroughly well deserved. Great to see such recognition for a true master of our craft (if craft is the right word - somehow it seems inadequate for what you do).

Ok.. now you are messing with our minds, right?  The bottom two are actually a real ship????  ;)   It does look that good and points out that you are a master.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Enough for the congratulations,  the truth is the opposite.

I did not win anything, it is just my entry  which was in this category.

The model was evaluated by 2  judges and unfortunately one of them did not like my work particuliary for the choice of wood.

This same judge gave me 9/15 points for historic accuracy but I forgive him: he did not know that Jean Boudriot wrote 4 books about this subject...

Presentation sheet for that project

post-184-0-14215800-1402319690_thumb.jpg

Gaetan, there is only one person who can truly judge your work and that is you.  For my money, your work is magnificent.

Ed

Wood choices?  Historical accuracy?   <shakes head>

I agree with Ed, Gaetan. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Ben, here in Quebec Pharmacie Jean Coutu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsromx6LW74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8ceYMtnYGM

http://www.mypix.com/fr/fr/

http://photo.walgreens.com/walgreens/storepage/storePageId=MemoryBooks

etc etc

In fact, I think that it is probably a new kind of service offer where there are photo development

and in this case

print photo online