Red Dragon by Vivian Galad - Artesania Latina - 1:60 - modified

On 5/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, Sjors said:

And there she is.......

Sjors

Hey, hey, Sjors! Here I am! Ready to turn wood into... well, wooden things! :P

On 5/10/2017 at 4:03 AM, *Hans* said:

Hey Vivian,  what about if I send you some right sail cloth and you make one of your nice hot jalapeno dishes in return?

(although sending cloth to Brasil is easy, but sending food to the Netherlands is very difficult).

Please post your updates - we're eager to see!

Hans, that would be great, but I´ve instead got some coming. As for the dishes, think I´ll have to find a way to ship them - or inviting you to dinner in Brazil someday :D

6 hours ago, Tigersteve said:

Going to join the fun if you don't mind. 

Steve

Be welcome, Steve. The work is a little slow in this one, but I´m trying to speed it up a bit. :)

Hey Vivian, so good seeing you back here again/still. Can I pull up a stump and help watch your deft fingers building another magnificent ship?

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

1 hour ago, dadodude said:

Hey Vivian, so good seeing you back here again/still. Can I pull up a stump and help watch your deft fingers building another magnificent ship?

Cheers,

Piet, always glad to have u close. My deft fingers won´t disappoint you! ;)

• 10 months later...

Happy to anounce that I'm back to the dockyard and sewing the sails for my chinese junk. Would like to thank the cloth I received, gifted by Dee Dee. 

The fabric sent is Far better than the one that came in the kit. I'm late in saying bout the fábrica, as It came last year.

59300a89b332c_18920797_1462799750454480_1515617917693622190_o(1).thumb.jpg.179ecb449d3661acc6ce89f22cdacba9.jpg

good yo see your getting back to the table Vivian :)  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 8 months later...

Hola Cariña,

It has been too long since you've posted anything and I have missed your passion. I am glad that you are settling down again in order to continue working on your model and hopefully finish her (it seems you are closer to it now). I hope to see more updates and remember to take care of yourself. In the event you want ideas for working with your sails you may want to take a look at these videos for inspiration. Tu amigo, Raymond. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 12:18 PM, ziled68 said:

Hola Cariña,

It has been too long since you've posted anything and I have missed your passion. I am glad that you are settling down again in order to continue working on your model and hopefully finish her (it seems you are closer to it now). I hope to see more updates and remember to take care of yourself. In the event you want ideas for working with your sails you may want to take a look at these videos for inspiration. Tu amigo, Raymond. 

Raymond, I'm pleased to come back and see I'm not forgotten! My many thanks for the videos and, well, here I'm again! Got my hands back on them ships and am working gladly on their sails, recovering broken parts and having fun! How are you? Hope all is rlly fine!

I am back! Some months passed, things in Brazil got strange, I've married, moved yet again but could get back to my sails! I'll show you some of my progress:

IMG_20190324_205524.jpg

This is the main mast's Sail. I've got all three already sewd and soon will rigg them in place. It's great to see them taking shape!

Edited by Vivian Galad

Hello Viv!!!! (Big welcome hug)

So glad to see you again and wonderful news about your marriage.!!!

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Congratulations on the marriage, Vivian. I wish you much happiness.  I'll add that it's great to see you back.    Yes, the news out of Brazil has been strange but no stranger than anyplace else lately.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Great to see you back Vivian, and as others have said, congratulations on your marriage. I wish you many happy years together.

Welcome back Vivian and congrats on the marriage.  I'm excited to see how these sails turn out.  They are looking very nice.  

Scott

Current Builds:  Revell 1:96 Thermopylae Restoration

Revell 1:96 Constitution COMPLETED

Aeropiccola HMS Endeavor IN ORDINARY

Planned Builds: Scientific Sea Witch

Marine Models USF Essex

Just been through your build and it is fantastic. Love the cabin details. A simply stunning model.

First Completed Build: San Francisco (Original Version)

Current build: Victory Models HMS Pegasus

Cross Stitch Project (Finished): Battle Of Agamemnon and Ca Ira

Cross Stitch Project : Victory & Temeraire

On 3/24/2019 at 10:25 PM, Ulises Victoria said:

Hello Viv!!!! (Big welcome hug)

So glad to see you again and wonderful news about your marriage.!!!

Hola, Ulises! Thank you for the welcome! I may be a little slow in my builds, but won't give up on them! I'm really happy to be back.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:36 AM, mtaylor said:

Congratulations on the marriage, Vivian. I wish you much happiness.  I'll add that it's great to see you back.    Yes, the news out of Brazil has been strange but no stranger than anyplace else lately.  

Ty, sir. I'm a lucky girl for being so well received by a most respected crew as It happens in these shores! Well, World os getting crazy all over again. Hope we can live It through.

On 3/25/2019 at 4:18 AM, cog said:

Good to see you back at the workbench Vivian. Congratulations on your marriage. I am very happy for you, you found someone to share your life with, besides us digital chaps.

Thank you, and I'm happy for my marriage and for having you, digital chaps, as friends.  It's always great to come back.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, gjdale said:

Great to see you back Vivian, and as others have said, congratulations on your marriage. I wish you many happy years together.

My many thanks! Won't bem promising much, but will try to stay a little lingerie this time. 

On 3/25/2019 at 3:34 PM, ScottRC said:

Welcome back Vivian and congrats on the marriage.  I'm excited to see how these sails turn out.  They are looking very nice.  

Scott

Hey, Scott! Thank u. I'm already full of myself after the first one. The other two are waiting for their time just this weekend. Hope to be rigging them on place very soon!

On 3/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, vulcanbomber said:

Just been through your build and it is fantastic. Love the cabin details. A simply stunning model.

Be welcome mate! Thank you 😊

whoa! ........you've made some progress!   so good to see you've been able to get to the table :)   congratz on you marriage!  look'in forward in see the sails in place.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

7 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

whoa! ........you've made some progress!   so good to see you've been able to get to the table :)   congratz on you marriage!  look'in forward in see the sails in place.

Thanks Popeye! Good to see you here! I'll be rigging them sails in no time! (Well, soon, I Hope). 

3 hours ago, Louie da fly said:

Congratulations and welcome back! Red Dragon is looking very good.

When you finish, will you be getting back to the Cocca? It would be nice to see that one finished, too.

Steven

Thanks, Louie! I sleep looking to my ships. I'll get back to her as soon as I find the wood l need to close all cabins and such. This modifying thing of mine requires some extra wood 😬

By the way Vivian, where are the wedding photos? You know what they say, if there’s no photos it didn’t happen! Just sayin’.........😉😁😁😁

Vivian,

Muitas felicidades pelo seu casamento. Parabéns 

:champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Good seeing some progress on the Dragon, nice work!  Congrats from me as well.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

On 3/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, gjdale said:

By the way Vivian, where are the wedding photos? You know what they say, if there’s no photos it didn’t happen! Just sayin’.........😉😁😁😁

I'll bring some pictures; It was a small celebration, a very happy one, through. 😉😉

On 3/28/2019 at 8:38 AM, cog said:

Where's the RING you should ask

The ring to rule them all, have to add! 😀😀😀

On 3/30/2019 at 5:17 PM, md1400cs said:

Vivian,

Muitas felicidades pelo seu casamento. Parabéns 

:champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

Muito obrigada!

On 4/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, Piet said:

Good seeing some progress on the Dragon, nice work!  Congrats from me as well.

Cheers,

Piet, my many thanks. I'm finally back and savoring this step. Got the last sail now, rigging is on my way. 

IMG_20190105_104907661.thumb.jpg.fbdd797484d0ae680db824492e0f073c.jpg

Screenshot_20190106-151247.thumb.jpeg.a5b99c0c81c7fb6079c14a24d230a524.jpeg

Well, as people asked, here are some pictures from my marriage. In the first one me and my wife with my dad, and the second one at the celebration: cake time!

IMG_20190408_094825.thumb.jpg.95a7f2e7797e4e5f4bd88da19e89a342.jpg

IMG_20190408_094759.thumb.jpg.14d290b9540bd8182e296eefbc792cff.jpg

And some pictures on my progression. I searched for better sail pictures before sewing mine and found the gains on sewing them in stripes weren't that big. Don't know If I could do better, but think they are fine. I have some papers on junk sails rigging and will try to use them when the time comes - hope next weekend.