ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Hello dear friends,

I am very honored and pleased reading your posts. Thank you a lot for you support.

Janos: Your work is admirable and very inspirational. I love your carvings, they are awesome.  I am looing forward to continuing your beautiful masterpiece.
Keep up the work.

Mark: Well, other two seamen boarded and immediately started to fire from the guns. :pirate41:

Vivian: I also browsed your thread (Red Dragon) and really enjoyed all the pics from process, especially the interior of cabins. I can say only WoW, you are really very skillful. B)

These days I have started the work on plastic model IJN Yamato 1:350, but also continue with Royal Caroline.

There were added other small decoration on the top of front railings and I also created other crew members - they will fire salute from cannon...

Enjoy the pics ( some are in better resolution) and have a great time.

20140328184532-238987-v.jpg

20140328184554-238988-v.jpg

20140328184607-238989-v.jpg

20140328184630-238990-v.jpg

post-1353-0-09438000-1396163576_thumb.jpg

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Hi Doris,

just found your very interesting build log here. I send you few photos of Royal Caroline, a very dear friend from Zagreb/Croatia, Mile Bijelić built before several years. He won with this model his first gold-medal at the World championship 1998.

If you want to have more photos (I have several) in higher resolution, send me a PM please. Mile is right now building his 2nd Royal Caroline, he has just finished the decks and is moving to the planking.

Unfortunately he is not using computer at all so, I will try to take some photos next time I visit Zagreb and him.

Have fun!
Dražen

post-1930-0-51663100-1396172662_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-05882500-1396172663_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-84715500-1396172663_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-54250600-1396172664_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-18788900-1396172665_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-04240100-1396172666_thumb.jpg

There are no boundaries...

… besides those we set for ourselves.

Hello Doris.

Your work is stunning to say the least. Many fellow modellers have said and complemented you on your creation.

I cannot find words that match what I am looking at :)

My jaw is dropped to my chest... My eyes have become dilated... Mouth stuck for words...( wife likes this bit :) )

Looking forward to your next post.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Really wonderful, Doris.

I' ve never seen a model with as much 'life' as yours.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein

I am NEVER disappointed when I look at your log! Those new figures/sailors are absolutely wonderful! You have mentioned in several logs that we inspire you? YOU inspire all of us!!! (pretty sure everyone agrees) 

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

Nothing like exercising the guns to bring the whole crew out to the main deck.   Beautiful work as always.   Your crew is very lifelike.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Doris, you are a whiz at card models and now youcould enter a military miniature contest. Bravo!

David B

Hello dear friends,
Thank you all very much for your kind words a comments, your support means a lot for me and I appreciate it. I am really pleased you like my work.

Hi Doris,

just found your very interesting build log here. I send you few photos of Royal Caroline, a very dear friend from Zagreb/Croatia, Mile Bijelić built before several years. He won with this model his first gold-medal at the World championship 1998.

If you want to have more photos (I have several) in higher resolution, send me a PM please. Mile is right now building his 2nd Royal Caroline, he has just finished the decks and is moving to the planking.

Unfortunately he is not using computer at all so, I will try to take some photos next time I visit Zagreb and him.

Have fun!
Dražen

Thank you for these beautiful pics, dear Dražen. I know Mile Bijelić models and admire his artistry a lot. I have already downloaded all pics of his Royal Caroline and HMS Prince into my computer for inspiration. I am looking forward to his new project of RC, so if possible, please, send me some pics here: doris.obrucova@seznam.cz

I am going to make other members and place them on the board, at this scale it is possible to create better details and paintings of faces and clothes.
Yesterday I finished eight tiny pieces of satyr´s heads - these are scuppers for draining the main deck:

post-1353-0-97437800-1396512201_thumb.jpg

20140403091038-239337-v.jpg

20140403091055-239338-v.jpg

20140403091118-239339-v.jpg

20140403091141-239341-v.jpg

20140403091154-239342-v.jpg

20140403091207-239343-v.jpg

20140403091219-239344-v.jpg

20140403091248-239345-v.jpg

20140403091306-239346-v.jpg

Enjoy the pics and have a great time.

Kind regards

Doris

Doris

Current build:

beautiful Details Doris,

I enjoy looking at those lovely modeled and splendid painted figures of yours in their fine costumes

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Caroline - Every time I think there cannot be any more detail you come up with more. Wow! Love this. :D

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

those look awesome Doris........perfectly created and skillfully done!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

i have just visit  your  foto gallery  and whaou...just amazing!

what a lot of détails!

i will chow your link to my french forum it will be interesting!

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Amazing detail Doris - those decorations are very tiny!

What do you use to thin the clay? I noticed in one of your videos that you dip your finger in some liquid and use it to smooth the clay. 

Polymer clays, like Sculpey and Fimo don't work with water, so I'm just wondering?

Edited by Sherry

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

The satyrs look wonderful Doris B)  B) I have mine to do soon.I have already reproduced the drawing to 1/47 and these things are small!!!Probably going to carve a master from boxwood and cast them in resin,at least then I only have to struggle once :D  :D  :D

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

you might need to do a pair Nigel........left and right.  just a thought :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Doris,

The whole ship is just beautiful!!

Do you come up by yourselve with those details? Because they are great.

Nick :cheers:

Model building Projects in progress:

- Hermione la Fayette, Artesania Latina:

- LINK TO Forum (MSW): http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2649-hermione-la-fayette-by-nickvn-artesania-latina-second-wooden-ship-built/page-1

- LINK TO Photo album (dutch website): https://modelbrouwers.nl/albums/album/11697/

Just when I think it cannot get any more spectacular - it does. Very beautiful work, Doris. I second druxey's note on your work with clay - excellent.

Ed

That ship looks beautiful. I find it amazing that it is from card.

Marc

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Marc,  I have sent photos of thid model to both Doc and Bob F. and both were surprised.  They know it is a card model but find it hard to believe.

David B

Hello dear friends,

Thank you very much for your kind words and praise, they mean a lot for me. I appreciate your support, thať s a great honour and pleasure for me. I will try to continue as best as possible to make the model worthy of your words!

Amazing detail Doris - those decorations are very tiny!

What do you use to thin the clay? I noticed in one of your videos that you dip your finger in some liquid and use it to smooth the clay. 

Polymer clays, like Sculpey and Fimo don't work with water, so I'm just wondering?

Hello dear Sherry,

well, I do not thin the clay, I only soften it by kneading in my hand / it needs also a bit higher temperature. Then it is possible to shape the clay easily, because it is soft enough.

I dip my fingers or tools in a cold/icy water to prevent stickiness of the clay.

The satyrs look wonderful Doris B)  B) I have mine to do soon.I have already reproduced the drawing to 1/47 and these things are small!!!Probably going to carve a master from boxwood and cast them in resin,at least then I only have to struggle once :D  :D  :D

Kind Regards

Nigel

I believe, you will manage it perfectly, your skills are superb! I love your Caroline a lot.

Hi Doris,

The whole ship is just beautiful!!
Do you come up by yourselve with those details? Because they are great.

Well, all decoration is handmade by myself. I try to make the details according to plans to achieve more realistic result.

Fantastic work.  Did you make a mold for your emblems?

David B

No, all are shaped individually without the mold. I know, that using the mold could be easier for making same ornaments, but I prefer extra fine details, so i decided to make them this way. BTW, i must say, that I haven´t much experience with making decorations using mold. :blush:

Best regards

Doris

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

That ship looks beautiful. I find it amazing that it is from card.

Marc

I like this material, making models from card/paper does not  need any special tools. I have only basic tools and modest equipment for my hobby. But it doesn´t matter, I enjoy making models even so...B)

Well dear friends, these days I am making the plastic model IJN Yamato, so please be patient, I will continue with Royal caroline as soon as possible. I will prepare all masts and yards.

Here is a link with Yamato in Czech language ( i am a beginner with plastic models... ^_^ ) :

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=83940

Have a great time

Doris

Current build: