ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Doris,

Such a beautiful work of absolute perfection. You are an amazing artist (:-)

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Amazing work as always, Doris.  You set a very high standard by your work that I and others hope to attain.  In my case, I don't know if I ever will.... :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

It`s that "special extra" all through your build Doris,

Wonderful !!

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Lesson learned: everything is possible if you have patience and "little" drop of stuborn. Do you, or can you do anything with mistake? I don't think so

Your work is great lesson and inspiratiom fot us mortals

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Dear friends,

I appreciate your kind words and praise a lot. Your support means a lot for me and I feel  very honored you like my work on the model. Thank you warmly for all your comments.

Well, I think you overrate my skills. Here at MSW there are a lot of great and professional quality models, and I find here plenty of superb inspiration. This helps me to achieve better results in my work. I am still learning new ways, how to do...., and also try to avoid own mistakes that I did at my previous models.

Is there something what you can not do ???????

Great job again Doris !!!!!!

Your rope work is 10 times better then mine !

Sjors

Oh yes, a lot of things I cannot do.... :) For example I am not very handy for cooking, but fortunately I have a tolerant partner who forgive me.:P
And the ropes/rigging - I think, you make a very good job on it. Do not underestimate yourself, I like your work a lot.

Hello Doris,

it is a pleasure to see your new build log images.

Is it possible that you show us your ropewalk?

Hello Johann,

no problem, I use this rope walk from Amati:

http://www.modelylodi.cz/Pripravek-na-vyrobu-lan-d754.htm

And what´s new on rigging...

Today I finished main and fore stay. As a basis I use ropes mainly from Amati and Corel, the each rope on the pics below is plaited from three springs.

20140815201855-248938-v.jpg

20140815201832-248937-v.jpg

20140815201811-248936-v.jpg

20140815201754-248935-v.jpg

20140815201732-248934-v.jpg

20140815201711-248933-v.jpg

20140815201650-248932-v.jpg

20140815201629-248931-v.jpg

20140815201559-248930-v.jpg

20140815201530-248929-v.jpg

Please enjoy the pics and have a great time.

Best regards,

Doris

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Lesson learned: everything is possible if you have patience and "little" drop of stuborn. Do you, or can you do anything with mistake? I don't think so

Your work is great lesson and inspiratiom fot us mortals

Dear Nenad, you are very kind to me.

Well, in fact I make mistakes quite often and I have to say, that sometimes I am sad, because must remake finished parts to achieve better or more realistic appearance. Nobody is perfect and I try to learn and improve with each new model that I build. This is a very good motivation..... :)

Kind regards,

Doris

Doris

Current build:

Fantastic work Doris and all of us are quite familiar with redoing things because we are not satisfied with "good enough."

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

rigging looks awesome........so beautifully done! ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Doris, I will add to the congratulations. Those shrouds have perfect definition of the individual ropes. Did you say what kind of thread you used for making these?

Mark

Hi Doris,

Your rigging work looks great, love the ropes, can you tell us how you made the rigging mouse?  I'll need to do four for my Half Moon and am wondering how you did it?

THX

J

Doris - whenever I need inspiration, i just look at your work

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 5 weeks later...

You must have been a surgeon.....your tying all your lines is so perfect....I'm jealous. My fat thumbs (on all fingers) could never be that neat. Great job.

Doris,

wonderful Job on the Standing rigging like all your work. I noticed that you have fitted a block tackle between the foremost shroud length of every mast. Super Detail, I have learnt that this is the means to loosten the shroud when bracing the lower Yards. Wish I had known this earlier, I would have adopted that one for my own rigging.

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Superb job Doris, your attention to detail and fine craftswoman ship have are turning out a very,very nice ship

Doris,

I think every manner of compliment has already been used here, and most deservingly so. I must tell you that several years back, I came across a video feed on Youtube of one of your models. I was drawn in like a moth to a flame. I made it my screensaver and studied it intently. Having loved tall ships since a little boy, I decided to join a modeling site and learn this craft.

Thank you for lighting the flame, for now I see.

Sincere Regards,

Bill

Passion is Patience...and I am a carpenter in any scale.

Current build;  Endurance - 1:70 scale, Occre

Current build;    H.M.S. Surprise - 1796, 1:48 A L

Hello, dear friends!
Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I appreciate all your comments a lot. I have to apologize you, I am writing so late, but I have a lot of problems mainly at work and also many duties, so I did not visit internet almost at all and unfortunately have no time for building models.
I am searching for a new and better job, so it is quite difficult time now for me, cause there are a lot of unemployed people in our country.

I believe, things will go better next months and it will be possible to continue with modelling in winter. I am going to share my work with you and looking forward to continuing.

Have a great time and take care
Doris

Here are some of last pics from the process, I have made in august.

post-1353-0-60428400-1412157540_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-55123500-1412157555_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-06357000-1412157566_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-84098100-1412157571_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-84831800-1412157577_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-86499800-1412157582_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-30947600-1412157589_thumb.jpg

The pins are hand made.

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

Doris, I will add to the congratulations. Those shrouds have perfect definition of the individual ropes. Did you say what kind of thread you used for making these?

Mark

Hello Mark, I use mainly threads Amati and Corel.

Hi Doris,

Your rigging work looks great, love the ropes, can you tell us how you made the rigging mouse?  I'll need to do four for my Half Moon and am wondering how you did it?

THX

J

Well, it is made by turning the thin thread around the rope/stay in more layers. I also use the glue (water based) to modify the layers in a suitable shape.

Doris

Doris

Current build:

Lovely collection, Doris. You have much t be proud of. Beautiful work.

Ed

Wow! That´s a show room! Great work, Doris. All of your ships are great. Hope you can be modelling soon and get a better job (hope unemployment on your country decreases, too).

Beautiful progress, Doris.  Your work is very inspiring and after seeing the "showroom" it's a bit daunting too.  But in a good way.  I hope you can sort out the job situation

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)