IJN Ise 1944 by RGL - FINISHED - Fujimi - 1/350 - PLASTIC

So, today I painted the tower, and have started throwing it together. I have forgotten to make up quite a few sets of ladders (no surprise really), and some gun directors. I'm still going have to order the triple 25mm's and warriors other stuff, I have used the kit supplied binoculars in the concealed areas. Three levels to go. 

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5025.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

Greg

Nice work Greg, quite the layered wedding cake you have going there :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Carl, saw an anime Yamato that might be up your alley.  https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/builds/ban/build_ban_146749.shtml

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Nah, I'm thinking about a sub (pink?) Working on repairs on some parts of the superstructure like the range finder, and other parts. Doing to much different things at my workbench/desk. Still waiting on some stuff I need so I can continue. Holiday time is a major pain. With phisical shops you'd now if you could get it or not. Nowadays you just have to wait! Parts from downunder take rather long, because of customs here.

Your build, however, is going rather smooth. I like the colour the grating. Great contrast. Livens it up considarably. Your seven storied pagoda looks smashing, even with the few parts missing you mentioned

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

And to think that you don't want to do a Period Ship because of the Rigging .... trust me, it's a lot easier than using PE ;). Especially THAT amount.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

The base area under the main tower. Details added to the sides and deck stuck down. I had to trim it a little so the stanchion rails could work. 

Individual stanchions added, all the deck bits replaced; vents, paravanes, trestles, winches added as well. 

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5077.JPG

Greg

The hull has nice lines but the armour belt run continuously the length of the hull. I gave the hull 2 coats of Tamiya rattle can primer then measured up individual plates, then etched them into the primer coat with a strait razor. Then a black primer coat with the airbrush. I'll leave this coat for 24 hours now. 

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5088.JPG

Greg

Quite a lot of progress Greg and looking really hood.  That 'pagoda' tower was big!  I like the paint effect you achieved on it, even to the camera it looks good.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Lower hull, red brown, then red, then an overspray of raw sienna. I like the way you can see each panel, and when I grunge it it won't draw the eye so much. I'm liking a black primer as it makes it so much easier to see where I miss on a grey plastic hull. 

IMG_5092.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

IMG_5094.JPG

Greg

Nice paint job, Greg. When you select a primer, you have to take into account the colour(s) you want to spray on top. If those are light, you may prefer a very light grey or white primer. You should use the same method as for e.g. painting a door. For darker colours you use a grey (or black) primer, for lighter colours a light grey, off white, or white primer. It lessens the number of layers you need to get the required colour. With an airbrush and diluted paint it may take quite a few to get the desired result if you use a very contrasting primer ...

Carl

Since you are using very diluted paint, you might try switching the green and grey layers, e.g. first the green, and then the grey, or vice versa, to see what you like best.

Carl

agreed....you certainly have made a lot of progress since I last looked in........the tower and base superstructure looks awesome!   on the deck,  it really looks great!  

your paint skills are really good.......nicely done!  love that hull :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Breaking it up, the main cannons. I sightly disagree with Flyhawk placements of the 25mm's on top that does not consider the ammo boxes. 

I used the Tamiya stanchions again as it looks a lot better. The training equipment on the barrels does not include the stands (I have not used them this time), as apparently they were only used when in training and the actual bit that clamps into this bracket is not included. 

You can see the difference between Yamato and Ise main guns. 

IMG_5102.PNG

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_5108.JPG

Greg