Just bought mine too! - the marines, sailors and as Chris says - the "cool" cook!  I wonder who he is modelled on, Chris?!

Many thanks Chris for producing these super figures - they look like they are the best on the market.

Nipper

Current build:  HMS Sphinx 1775 - 1/64 - Vanguard Models

Completed build:  HM Cutter Alert 1777 - 1/64 - Vanguard Models

11 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Just bought mine too! - the marines, sailors and as Chris says - the "cool" cook!  I wonder who he is modelled on, Chris?!

Many thanks Chris for producing these super figures - they look like they are the best on the market.

Nipper

Cheers! :)

Post is rubbish right now, due to RM strikes. :(

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

OK, all printing for figures all done.

Cannon crew, Pellew, Hornblower and newest figures are all offered in 5 scales, 1:96th, 1:72nd. 1: 64th, 1:48th and 1:32nd.

Today I finally received my nice Ranger sail sets, so as soon as I have the boxes, plans and manual, that will be available to buy (11th kit)

Also in my package was some pear blocks, which means pearwood block and deadeye sets are finally available again for the Sphinx, Alert, Duchess and Speedy kits.

I was hoping to have my nice premium Alert sail sets, but alas, they're still being made..

Right, back to Indy....

logo.jpg

I already have the Captain so I just need to order the rest of the 89 people in the crew for my Speedy... 😉

What about designing a figure climbing the rig?

Current builds: HMS Victory (Corel 1:98), HMS Snake (Caldercraft 1:64), HMBV Granado (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Diana (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models 1:64) 

4 minutes ago, Vane said:

I already have the Captain so I just need to order the rest of the 89 people in the crew for my Speedy... 😉

What about designing a figure climbing the rig?

Perhaps in the future, for now, I have already done a lot more than I initially intended. Plus, no matter what I do, what pose the figures, someone will always want one that I do not have.

logo.jpg

2 hours ago, dkuehn said:

So I suppose I shouldn't ask for one sitting on the head? 

🙂

Reminds of the scene in Master and Commander of the guy sitting on the bow seat of ease.  For those who missed that bit of trivia.. it's in the trip around Cape Horn.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I will do more figures in the future, but I now have to concentrate fully on Indy and organising orders for final materials.  Only a couple of months ago, I just had a Nelson and Cochrane. Now, I have another captain, a lieutenant, 8 seamen, 2 marines and a cook, each with a choice of 5 scales. A rat climber is definitely one I shall do in future, though.

logo.jpg

I really like that the whole concept of adding a few figures to the ships. Perhaps not as with plastics tanks and dioramas where you create some kind of scene. Instead I think that a figure on a ship can be used to get a feeling for the scale. 

Current builds: HMS Victory (Corel 1:98), HMS Snake (Caldercraft 1:64), HMBV Granado (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Diana (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models 1:64) 

1 hour ago, chris watton said:

I will do more figures in the future, but I now have to concentrate fully on Indy and organising orders for final materials.  Only a couple of months ago, I just had a Nelson and Cochrane. Now, I have another captain, a lieutenant, 8 seamen, 2 marines and a cook, each with a choice of 5 scales. A rat climber is definitely one I shall do in future, though.

Chris, I'm so pleased that you have plans to do more figures at some point in the future, when your work schedule allows.  In just a few weeks, you have single-handedly (well, with the help of your carver) doubled the number of quality figures available, certainly for those working in 1/64 scale, and produced the lovely furniture too.

Nipper

Current build:  HMS Sphinx 1775 - 1/64 - Vanguard Models

Completed build:  HM Cutter Alert 1777 - 1/64 - Vanguard Models

Just had my second and third 8k 3d printer arrive. I need this many as kits have a lot of multiple parts, like cannon barrels.

This is my main 'production area' now, along with laser material storage. (and completed Indy laser cut parts). I will need to get a third extractor for the smaller laser machine at some point, though, as both of my current ones are attached to the large laser. Right now, the laser is cutting more Sphinx 0.6mm pear, as I was running short.

workshop 1.JPG

workshop 2.JPG

workshop 3.JPG

workshop 4.JPG

workshop 5.JPG

workshop 6.JPG

workshop 7.JPG

workshop 8.JPG

workshop 9.JPG

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg

You’re going to need a bigger room😊

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Chris, thanks for taking the time to share photos of your growing business. Big machines. Bigger essential wood inventory!

Glenn is correct that in good time you’ll need to have a larger “factory.” I especially liked the photo of the row of printed figures on the shelf.

I’m excited to paint my Vanguard/HMS Camilla gun crew, place them on-deck in a few weeks when I christen her launch with my Cpt. Pennypincher.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

2 hours ago, glbarlow said:

You’re going to need a bigger room😊

No kidding! It's getting cramped.

Chris, Do you have room to make an extension for the garage? You might need a proper warehouse in a future. 

Cheers!

The 'Laser room' is only a third of the space in the converted garage, but I feel I may outgrow the place in a couple of years.. I know that I will need to replace the smaller 40w laser with another larger 80w if things continue to go well.

logo.jpg

48 minutes ago, chris watton said:

Cheers!

The 'Laser room' is only a third of the space in the converted garage, but I feel I may outgrow the place in a couple of years.. I know that I will need to replace the smaller 40w laser with another larger 80w if things continue to go well.

I, for one, don't believe there is an "if" in Vanguard's future!

Like all successful, talented entrepreneurs, you'll just need to continue to pace yourself and its obvious corollary, the business.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

i love the 3 coffee machines, i think you called them 3d printers in error 😀

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

It is really impressive what you bring to the modeling world Chris and I love it. I hope the copycats in Asia will stay away!

regards,
Peter

10 minutes ago, Hsae said:

Chris, thank for letting us a look into the production area. You are building great model kits!

Hopefully at one point of time I am able to build one too!

But how did a plastic model ended up in your shop??? 🤔

Cheers :)

A good hiding place from the wife!

logo.jpg

Chris,

Love the pics of your cutting Area, that is some work you have been doing there with the lazer cutters. Is that a Trumpeter Scharnhorst i see on the top shelf?

Long may your success continue, you and your wife deserve everything you can get from such a well run business. Your customer service is secoond to none.

Guy

59 minutes ago, chris watton said:

Cheers :)

A good hiding place from the wife!

Like to see Scharnhorst being built!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Thanks' guys :)

Yes, it's a Scharnhorst, I replaced its place with Yamato, thinking my wife wouldn't know, but she spotted the huge box being brought down our path on the door camera, dammit...

Not sure if I will ever get time to make them, may just find someone to do them for me at some point!

I think that, because of the copper situation right now, my next kits after Indy will be pre-copper era. But I will probably do a diorama/vignette type kit first.

I have attached a couple of pics showing the first of my new three printers working, Bristol sterns and Alert winch drums, just completed and about to be removed from build plate and cleaned up.

Bristol Sterns.jpg

Alert winch drum.jpg

logo.jpg

Alert winch drum.jpg

dam, so they really are 3d printers and not coffee machines, i thought you were taking me on as unpaid labour to keep the floor clean, I need plenty of coffee for that 

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

OK, the Barking fast Fish Carrier Ranger is now on pre order. I have everything ready and expecting boxes, plans and manual to be delivered this week. I also have the very nice premium sail sets in stock.

This now completes the set of fishing boats:

Ranger – Barking Fish Carrier – VANGUARD MODELS

306616479_745519030038201_6584488668713854573_n.jpg

306753481_745518876704883_7790050815994968149_n.jpg

306515325_745519090038195_3363731424223320930_n.jpg

306756583_745519020038202_2522428825210469275_n.jpg

logo.jpg