4 hours ago, IgorSky said:

Hi Nenad!
Several years ago I visited this village of Kusturica Kustendorf (Drevengrad) too.
This place is just amazing!

Mhm ... pretty, but it depends which is yout point of view, and depends what do you know about Kusturica except his real gret movies ... But here is not the place to discuss about this things

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

20171109_205652.thumb.jpg.4008a0de710a282656574f064b346bd6.jpgHow to, and result

20171109_205820.jpg

20171109_213113.jpg

Edited by NenadM

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

That is a GREAT idea, Nenad ... remove the paper from a cigarette, throw away the tobacco and cut the paper into lengths for planking !!

You get a perfect clinker-planked boat AND you get to give up smoking !!
:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Amazing work, my friend.   Very impressive.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

10 hours ago, CaptainSteve said:

That is a GREAT idea, Nenad ... remove the paper from a cigarette, throw away the tobacco and cut the paper into lengths for planking !!

You get a perfect clinker-planked boat AND you get to give up smoking !!
:cheers:

I tried this, my friend, but ciggarette paper is too thin and fragile in this scale, and having i mind I use diluted white glue, in this scale it shows two different difficulties - first - when get moisture from glue, it tears up; second - it is so thin that clinker relief can not be seen. So, after many experiments, I decided to use regular 80gr copy paper. Strong enough not to tear up, elastic enough to allow me to lay it and "tilt" ut  to left and right and lead it just the way I want paralel with previous planking line, thin and thick right enough to imitate clinker relief just as it has to be and to look like. When glue dry, it get additional strenght. Covering with thin white acrylic paint over give particular look I want

9 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Amazing work, my friend.   Very impressive.

Thanks Mark. I hope you and Admiral go well

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

My occupationgrowns up. She is one year old now

5a05c92d42268_rhe1(2).thumb.jpg.c4bd29eb5d91f85fd2ea2be5e1960862.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Great picture with the lens.

I know a cheaper way to stop smoking, but hey, if this works for you, clincker on!!!

Right, it won't get any less, your occupation, she will be very much present ... sizewise too

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hey Nenad. 

It’s great to see you back at the workbench.  That’s certainly an ingenious method for doing the clinker hulls; which I’m certain is going to result in some very convincing ship’s boats.  

I can’t quite believe how quickly Rhea has grown.  She must be eating you out of house and home!

Cheers 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

She's a beautiful girl, Nenad.

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

One year and she's still a puppy.  Beautiful dog, Nenad.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...

Hello to all

Happy New Year !!!

Captain's Gig, update

IMG_20180106_201155.thumb.jpg.8fff73d15f74c407e7823ef25359435e.jpgIMG_20180106_201215.thumb.jpg.b5f5eeb5efd169282292112e1a95694f.jpgIMG_20180107_194116.thumb.jpg.e42e2a12da345a77ec75cbddec01a963.jpgIMG_20180107_200715.thumb.jpg.f5fc6f58f020d482b582b0cced589adc.jpgIMG_20180107_200803.thumb.jpg.00b28ca4b20af99fd74aa23d93630cad.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

nice looking little boat Nenad  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Wow... that is tiny.   Looks super nice, Nenad. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Happy new year Nenad,

nice to see you posting again...., lovely little clinkered gig

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thank you all, dear friends, for your intrest in my experiments.

I am afraid I shall not be able to spent more time than I wish with Her Majesty for couple of reasons (I think I mentioned that early)

Princes definitely have got employment certificate in one hospital in Germany for her specialization in anesthezy, and she is here at home only next 2-3 months. Having in mind that Hothead is also here at home couple of months, we all just want to spent as much is possible quality time together.  "Rhea the beast" also demands her time, my job also ... my social activities are reduced for next couple of months also, and :( my hobby...

Also, cataract grows and make me some dificulties working with thiney pieces last two months. Operation is sheduled at the end of February, so this dificulty will be solved.

But I am still here on MSW, lookling what is new every day

"Big Brother is watching you"

;)

Edited by NenadM

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nenad,

You gotta do what has precedence. Right now it's your children, the beast, and whatever else comes first. Sorry to hear about the cataract problem, fortunately you can be helped though. Just drop a note from time to time, so we know you are a life and kicking!

Take care, and make the most of the little time you have now

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Happy New Year nenad and also to your two children. Hope everything will work out for you.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Oars for Captain's Gig finished and mountedIMG_20180113_201618.thumb.jpg.43da8402a768a171dbb2147a1f9c1e52.jpgIMG_20180113_202902.thumb.jpg.10d2717a8938962095bc33a5f74debe3.jpgIMG_20180113_203921.thumb.jpg.d25d19d70165d2ff495b814d20181bec.jpgIMG_20180113_204600.thumb.jpg.c51a8954be0dd139a2096dc7453c356e.jpgIMG_20180113_204614.thumb.jpg.526c3c62f6b664ad5d1f39c054f7a3b2.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Wonderful work, Nenad, and they are so small.  Almost ship-in-a-bottle scale.   

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

8 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Wonderful work, Nenad, and they are so small.  Almost ship-in-a-bottle scale.   

Thanks Mark. Couple of details for Captains`s Gig left, and then two more boats (both life boats) to go.

This will be much easier, because I decided to show in dinal look boats interior on Jolly Boar and Captain`s Gig, and clinker planking on Life Boats, which will be turned upsiede down. So, i do not have to do any work in Life Boars interior :D, still have to make clinker plates as much precise and clean as I can

I must admit that I am little borred with boats, and hardly wait to make something other

All the best my friend    

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hi Nenad

I also would like to echo everyone else’s comments about the lifeboats.  Top job and you must be really proud of them.

Having said that, you and your family must take precedence over Her Majesty and us at MSW.

Take care and good luck with the cataract.

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

7 hours ago, NenadM said:

I must admit that I am little borred with boats, and hardly wait to make something other

All the best my friend    

Know the feeling Nenad.  Must resist the temptation to rush through these tasks once boredom sets in.  Suggest you have another fixture in progress at the same time.  Something you can switch back and forth to.

keep up the good work.

Dave

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

glad to hear your finally going to have your eyes taken care of.....you mentioned your problem some time ago.   take care of your family and Rhea........but most of all,  take care of yourself.  one cannot create,  unless one is truly happy.   you've done so much with this project......you've excelled and overcame every obstacle you've encountered.   for her Majesty to look so good,  you must have quite a desire to build her.  your efforts show in every aspect of this model.   I hope to see you in full production mode soon  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Both completed

2 more to go!IMG_20180119_185859.thumb.jpg.44c1f956d5b5e644970a724ca1798884.jpgIMG_20180119_185930.thumb.jpg.3d113a6e6ab2e3e9220f65f18fd9a09b.jpgIMG_20180119_190114.thumb.jpg.c2df1840b3e3f2eeedb6f60136c48f11.jpgIMG_20180119_190050.thumb.jpg.37dfae08dde2b8ca799afb4fde620648.jpgIMG_20180119_190025.thumb.jpg.7bd8879f2e0afb410a123551bcc91669.jpgIMG_20180119_190004.thumb.jpg.b2be52f576b3682ee5a022fc6350aece.jpgIMG_20180119_185916.thumb.jpg.f3faaddc03729d301ed6ea43cca5939b.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: