NAIAD 1797 by Bitao - 1:60

Hello, everyone. Once this section is complete, the internal build will continue. The pulley rings are made of thin-walled copper tubes: 1.5 mm outside and 0.9 mm inside. However, it was found to be too large to be disposed of (part x of the figure) after being machined into a concave outer circle. It was finished with a diameter of 1.2 mm and an inner diameter of 0.7 mm copper tube.

401.JPG.53988815775468c7bf17c8245f1ccecf.JPG

402.JPG.d43e823cf8b3c806fe007a6330ae0b91.JPG

403.JPG.6dc1b1a84d83cdd6bc05458835861298.JPG

404.JPG.cba72c6f55e4244d27d11f5a2d632670.JPG

405.JPG.ea58b4bfcce0f89e4bc9f2e8a6418395.JPG

406.JPG.4cd475b502da5dff4eaf857e2c4a623d.JPG

407.JPG.fb0b5b7c48d4b969ed853796847bb8a0.JPG

Those blocks look great Bitao, very nice work.  Love that ropewalk.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

The build continues to impress all of us.  In addition to your obvious skills, the little things like using different species of wood for the ledges than what was used for the carlings shows them off quite nicely.  

Your ropewalk looks like a fun project in itself!!

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

@BANYAN@allanyed

Thank you for the compliment and  lIke. This ropeway is the final version of my most stable three-ply winding machine, complete with a wrap and reel (the fourth blurred image in the background) . Because my main goal right now is to build the hull, and once I get to a certain level, I’ll focus on the ropes.

Thank you for your like. Because of the domestic express delivery restrictions during the epidemic period, it was difficult to preorder processing etchings, so the use of copper skin splicing method to produce reinforced corner codes, which delayed a lot of time, but also increased the difficulty; and a large number of hand-to-hand production is required, progress is slow.

415.JPG.40d7e04859f4dad89677d03c9739e387.JPG

416.JPG.9cbe10902c891feeccba3eebd20d9a08.JPG

417.JPG.8cec988c6d4251d6d23489ff634dd775.JPG

418.JPG.91101e0c2d8a3919baa9317991fceba9.JPG

419.JPG.cbcdd315638d312461c95abcf3e69db9.JPG

420.JPG.1c90a46e0ffd085a059ddb1fed99302c.JPG

421.JPG.1662642647e45032094fd32028513ab5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Very much up to your very high workmanship; a delight for the eyes.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

22 hours ago, Thistle17 said:

You deserve all the continued praise for your work is no surprise. Bitao it did get me thinking about the long term and your legacy. Have you thought about what to do with your works? Where will they go/ certainly to somewhere where they will be cherised.

Joe

Thank you, Joe. Of the more than 200 models (made of metal and plastic) made over the past 20 years, only 24 of the most satisfying pieces have been sold to collectors, and I have destroyed the rest. After all, my studio has too many tools to store and too little space. Due to the complexity and time-consuming nature of the equipment and process, there are only two possibilities for future sailboat models: 1) if a suitable price is available for sale, and 2) if the price is below the psychological level, all the pieces will be destroyed in the future.

I should not be surprised by your response but I am. The demands you place on yourself in model building run deep. It  would be a pleasure to meet you were it possible. I say that as I am working on a "restoration" of a model that is extremely well done, yet not of your complexity. The modeler is unknown yet the work deserves my efforts to bring it back to life. Everytime I work on it I can hear myself saying "Who was this person?". Sadly I will never know. It is the same thing I say when I look at a painting masterpiece such as Caravaggio or Vermeer work. I will let you read into that.

Joe 

Continuing to be a very very lovely work.  The inclusion of the hammock battens is a great extra touch not often seen in the build logs.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

16 hours ago, Thistle17 said:

I should not be surprised by your response but I am. 

Joe 

Thanks, Joe. There’s no doubt that fixing it will take more time and effort than building it. That’s why I have so many scrapped parts and even the whole thing. While many of my works are unblemished in the eyes of others and require a slightly lower price, it seems to me that I would rather be completely destroyed in my own hands than let a defective piece of work get out. In my own production career, adhere to a standard has not changed, perhaps I am more demanding place. I’ve been trying to live up to that standard. . .

12 hours ago, allanyed said:

Continuing to be a very very lovely work.  The inclusion of the hammock battens is a great extra touch not often seen in the build logs.

Allan

To tell you the truth, there is so little information available on this subject in China that I don’t know what it is used for. Only adhere to the drawings of the graphics and size to be processed out. Whether it is correct or not depends on the drawing and my understanding.

Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for your like. This part of the outfitting process is slow but I think it is the most obvious part of the internal structure; it also determines the exact positioning of the upper part. So I had to be very careful about what I did. At the moment, the progress is relatively smooth, follow-up will be relatively easy.

425.JPG.726ba63e9558757ea411d343adc4a2fa.JPG

426.thumb.JPG.05dc2931bf560f0b81bbd2f553c742ff.JPG

Bitao,

The hammock battens were to secure the crew's hammocks for sleeping.   There is are a couple drawings of the hammock arrangements on the RMG Collections site.   https://www.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/rmgc-object-86594     https://www.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/rmgc-object-86584

Keep up the great work!

Allan

Bitao have a question for you . Was wondering how you go about  cutting the notches in to your beams and carling's? Very outstanding build you have and enjoy visiting and seeing how your coming along on her.  Clearly shows the talent behind the building so keep up the very detail work.  Brings a smile to my face ever time I see your update's. Gary

Edited by garyshipwright

On 4/30/2022 at 5:52 PM, allanyed said:

Bitao,

The hammock battens were to secure the crew's hammocks for sleeping.   There is are a couple drawings of the hammock arrangements on the RMG Collections site.   https://www.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/rmgc-object-86594     https://www.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/rmgc-object-86584

Keep up the great work!

Allan

Thank you very much for the diagram, which gave me an intuitive understanding of it. I always thought it was some kind of handrail. . .:(

21 hours ago, garyshipwright said:

Bitao have a question for you . Was wondering how you go about  cutting the notches in to your beams and carling's? Very outstanding build you have and enjoy visiting and seeing how your coming along on her.  Clearly shows the talent behind the building so keep up the very detail work.  Brings a smile to my face ever time I see your update's. Gary

Thank you for your attention, Gary shipwright. In fact, cutting the notches is not difficult, I use milling cutter and hand carving knife to clean. Prior to this step, accurate positioning is very important, usually I use a single side beam as the baseline, spacing in line with the drawing, and marked with a pencil. To ensure seamless joints, the notch width is usually slightly smaller than the plug width, about-0.05--0.08 mm. Joints require only a small amount of force to enter, and can not be deformed, making them stable even without glue.  Because my English is very limited, do not know this expression you can understand my meaning?

21 hours ago, No Idea said:

bitao - such perfection mate 👍  One day - maybe one day,  I'll get somewhere near this kind of quality of ship building.  Your work is so inspiring! 

Knowing what I know about your production, you can do it! Except for metal work and sculpting, which requires a certain amount of skill, the construction of the hull is made up of basic work and is relatively easy. With the right basic approach, I think everyone should be able to do it. In particular, to achieve a variety of interface seamless, in the eyes of many people it is easy to be ignored.

19 minutes ago, shipman said:

This is WAY beyond me.

This is way beyond most of us.