NAIAD 1797 by Bitao - 1:60

Bitao, the stove is a beauty but then the entire model is magnificent.

I agree.  Please show us more of the stove.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

11 hours ago, giampieroricci said:

is it possible to have more details of that beautiful stove?

10 hours ago, Keith Black said:

Bitao, the stove is a beauty but then the entire model is magnificent.

5 hours ago, tlevine said:

I agree.  Please show us more of the stove.

Thank you for enjoying it. The detailed image of the finished stove is on page two. The main body of the furnace is milled by repeatedly clamping the whole brass. To make it more beautiful, the other parts are spliced and joined without glue and welding. Unfortunately, due to my habits and routines, I rarely take photos of the process, especially when it’s complicated by hand. Because it distracts me, it leads to serious mistakes, and it reduces my productivity. I’ve been making changes since everyone mentioned it in the comments, but I’ve had to adapt. After all, it was a tricky business for me to take pictures at the same time (scrap and oil from the metalworking process need to be disposed of) . I have an idea now: The pump in the drawing of the ship is just a wooden box, and from the basic structure I learned on the forum, I want to make it more elaborate, showing the details of the inner chain. However, I am not sure if this structure is correct, after all, the drawings do not have this part of the details, the shape is based on other people’s pictures, the size data needs to be calculated by myself, the small scale, processing will be more difficult. But I am willing to try, after all, we are trying to do every job well, this is also a common aspiration. So I’m going to show you how this process works. And I appreciate your valuable input, so I can make improvements. Thank you!

The picture below is what I found in the forum and copied out. As a reference for follow-up production.

434.JPG

I'm speechless.  That is absolutely gorgeous.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Thank you very much. This pump is not in the original drawings of the gear wheel details, I looked up the relevant information in this site decided to add it. After all, the simple appearance of the wooden box is nothing to see. The scale may have been slightly different, but visually I was satisfied. This part isn’t done yet, so stay tuned. 

508.JPG.c08e6a85b2ec65ff1bd8f4ccb958e6d6.JPG

509.JPG.19c408f2b86c0456b848a8119e4546c1.JPG

510.JPG.4633460a4d697681d6e44fec2cee8472.JPG

511.JPG.2d775edffd452ea7f23b5e72701fd394.JPG

512.JPG.80d9e4698ee4f08caf68d65ce98de586.JPG

513.JPG.7f6bfd142bc51d2dcf0295680758f16b.JPG

514.JPG.ab05d83dad555bbf041e5ee74a3d73fc.JPG

You keep amazing us with your craftsmanship Bitao; just wen you think this can't get better you provide items like this.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Bitao,

This is amazing work.  Your craftsmanship is beyond most of us on the site, but I love seeing the limits of what is possible.  It gives a lot of inspiration and ideas for techniques even for those of us not quite as skilled.  This is one of the few models I have seen with the pump dales actually in place. 

Adam

On 5/26/2022 at 8:18 AM, BANYAN said:

You keep amazing us with your craftsmanship Bitao; just wen you think this can't get better you provide items like this.

22 hours ago, Pirate adam said:

Bitao,

This is amazing work.  Your craftsmanship is beyond most of us on the site, but I love seeing the limits of what is possible.  It gives a lot of inspiration and ideas for techniques even for those of us not quite as skilled.  This is one of the few models I have seen with the pump dales actually in place. 

Thank you for your approval. In my opinion, most people’s works have something to learn and pay attention to. Even mistakes and shortcomings remind me that I need to be extra careful to achieve my goals, so that it doesn’t happen to me, and the work of other masters will inspire me, just like you! The People here are also very modest and friendly, also let me learn a lot of previously unknown knowledge, which is why I especially like this forum, and gave up publishing in China.

Lovely work on the chain pumps Bitao.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Beautiful ship's wheel, Bitao, They're not easy to make, very well done.

Stunning; that wheel looks great Bitao.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)