NAIAD 1797 by Bitao - 1:60

From your description, it doesn't seem to be the wood or the color but the color balance of the camera.  The important thing is that it looks good to your eye in person.  All cameras are different in the way they grab the image and store it.   Some can have the color balance shifted along with contrast, etc.  The lighting in the room can also affect the image.

My take is... don't worry about it.  If it looks good to you, it is good.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

From your description, it doesn't seem to be the wood or the color but the color balance of the camera.  The important thing is that it looks good to your eye in person.  All cameras are different in the way they grab the image and store it.   Some can have the color balance shifted along with contrast, etc.  The lighting in the room can also affect the image.

My take is... don't worry about it.  If it looks good to you, it is good.

It’s like you said, Mark. The color of a photograph is always different from what we see with the naked eye. The camera can also catch flaws that aren’t visible to the naked eye, and I often use this method to find overlooked details and rework them. There are two main lights and three secondary lights in my room, and in order to clearly show the details and true visual effect, I will also make some simple brightness and color adjustment in the later stage to achieve or close to the reality, rather than the “Art”of the picture. I don’t want people to see my work, and say, “Not as good as the picture.”. I think that a successful piece of work, is not only a personal preference, the most important thing is close to the truth, at least is accepted by the public, this time I really did not do. So on second thought, I decided to try a change that would bring the color closer to the usual “Black.”. Like Michael said, we have to accept the challenge to do better. It may be more of a failure, but it’s also an opportunity for me to improve. Personally, I am glad to see others criticize and correct me. Only in this way can I do better. Finally, thank you for your support.😃

The stiffeners on the outside of the hull have been repainted. It’s so much better than the old dark brown. The images were taken in natural light. The metal parts are still being processed, but unfortunately, in the process of organizing the photos, I accidentally deleted four processed photos, and the parts have been blacked out and installed, unfortunately, I can not retake. All metal parts are in accordance with the personal style, avoid the use of glue bonding and welding, to make it more solid and beautiful.

361.JPG.98174bed0a7165fbe8f3b2f484910f3d.JPG

362.JPG.6a87796a391bef451deedc2195043f58.JPG

363.JPG.0ed0e8408cefea610323acef83c8f553.JPG

364.JPG.4239b36197f221ab743f530f68ea405b.JPG

365.JPG.73a9cea9cde91c2b6531f351d7716920.JPG

366.JPG.dfa3949b04aefae3793fec9f9097a9c3.JPG

367.JPG.d47d9c96054093b084e42fded1f1f383.JPG

More of your top quality work to feast our eyes on Bitao; many thanks

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work; so  very well executed Bitao.

cheers

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening, everyone. Thank you for your encouragement and recognition. At the beginning of this year, I deliberately slowed down my work, working no more than eight hours a day in the studio to ensure long-term health and to avoid a significant impact on my eyesight. I hope to do more in the future.

376.JPG.af292b45edba2e83a4160c410fc39250.JPG

377.JPG.d895e3974c256d3c6d93a616bf6ef043.JPG

378.JPG.00dca064f38364b13fbbfe0c5f32954c.JPG

379.JPG.af9916f2fd8fe63dbd609475ce2f0d01.JPG

Good evening, everyone. Thanks for the PEP talk. Due to the number of hand-made windows, the small size of the parts (0.75 mm in side length) and the constant change of the interface angle, resulting in slow progress, the quality of partial completion is not good. Most of the wood lines are planed by hand and a few by milling. To avoid the edges, apply a small amount of wood wax oil to the surface. The construction of the interior of the ship will continue after the stern rudder is installed.

380.JPG.c37310421a2a222e8d8d825f982ed737.JPG

381.JPG.15d19b6c0beea8983f932f895bb893cb.JPG

382.JPG.35f25fbc64cbcdfc2f6078969feb002c.JPG

383.JPG.ac78677bbf817cf3ec4d038bf591e08a.JPG

384.JPG.c20417f7627c6b5861769c995f1471b4.JPG

Quality not good????   Looks fantastic to me.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

7 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Quality not good????   Looks fantastic to me.

Thank you, mark. Because the angle of the beams on each window is changing, making a separate one may seem like a good idea, but once all the windows are installed, you’ll notice that the beams in the photo are somewhat skewed, especially the first one on the left. It’s not much, but it’s not perfect. It was a lesson to me that the overall horizontal line was ignored in the production.

You never fail to impress with your skills Bitao; lovely work as usual.

cheers

Pat