Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 - by Kevin - July 2021 - finished March 2022

still to do

fit the roof

leather hand straps

fit any made up bits like the luggage and mail pouches'

and a general tidy up

good evening everyone

thank you for comments and likes

tomorrow should be the last day of this build, and i can get on with the SD14

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

8 minutes ago, wefalck said:

What surprises me, is how fragile these coaches looked. OK, they had to keep weight down so as not to tire the horses too much, but somehow it is difficult to imagine these things going along mud-tracks.

agreed, even the wheels seam very thin, 6mm at this 1/10 scale, 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

2 hours ago, wefalck said:

What surprises me, is how fragile these coaches looked. OK, they had to keep weight down so as not to tire the horses too much, but somehow it is difficult to imagine these things going along mud-tracks.

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

agreed, even the wheels seam very thin, 6mm at this 1/10 scale, 

There were two types of coaches, the eastern road coaches, and the western trail coaches... They were both built in the same manner on similar plans but the western coach was built much, much  more stoutly... 

The eastern coaches were usually hauled by two horses occasionally four, (much shorter distances on improved roads) and the Western coaches pulled by four occasionally six horses over wagon trails....

Think GMC inter-city bus compared to a Greyhound or Trailways super liner...

The thin wheels were usually found on the short haul coaches as were the large leather sided luggage compartments in the rear... The western coach had rear wheels that would be about 3-3.5 inches across and fronts 2.5 to 3 inches wide with half inch thick steel rims...  and the rear luggage compartment was usually a simple framework supported by chains at the corners and a leather cover that rolled down from the top and unfolded over the sides in bad weather...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

the kit is ok, but like everything in our hobby, it could be tons better,

if it wasnt for the love of my ship building, i would do these as a pastime, or non live steam engines replicas 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good afternoon everyone

Calling this finished

pretty well OOB with some extra brass trimming, and extra Stanchions on the roof, i have seen much better made example of this subject, but im happy with it

thank you to those who followed the build

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2890.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_2903.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

That looks Superb Kevin   - so  nicely done.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Kevin, looks good and would be right at home in a John Wayne western.

👍

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Sweet looking coach, Kevin.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

8 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

That looks Superb Kevin   - so  nicely done.

OC.

7 hours ago, bruce d said:

Kevin, looks good and would be right at home in a John Wayne western.

👍

5 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Sweet looking coach, Kevin.

Thank you

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Well done, Kevin. Like Bruce d said, it'll look good in John Wayne's "Stagecoach". 👍

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

superbly done Kevin.........very sharp :)   the leather work is awesome!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thank you everyone

40 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

superbly done Kevin.........very sharp :)   the leather work is awesome!

was an enjoyable build, 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

in regards to your finish pictures.......it might look a wee bit better to be on asphalt or concrete.......but certainly not on a garbage can :D 

......jess' say'in ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

1 minute ago, popeye the sailor said:

in regards to your finish pictures.......it might look a wee bit better to be on asphalt or concrete.......but certainly not on a garbage can :D 

......jess' say'in ;) 

excellent idea

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Oh god! I missed the stage! 😊 Been catching up, beautiful work Kevin. 

I agree with popeye,  would better without the bin underneath 😉 😁

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

back in the day,  when I lived in Florida,  I built a Guillow's Fokker D VIII.  it came to be my best flyer.  there was a concrete slab in the side yard,  likely for a shed,  and it seemed like a good place to take pictures.  I laid on the ground in various places around the edges and took some shots.......some using the grass to look through.  I was very impressed with how they came out........but I lost them in my move back here.  after all these years....I still wish I knew where they went.  would have been great to share with you folks :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely beautiful, Kevin!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

thank you everyone

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 3 weeks later...

slightly better than on the dustbin

IMG_3376.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Fantastic job on the coach. I am impressed with the intensity of the yellow.  I have found that every brand of yellow paint I have used, including house paint, will not cover without a nearly infinite number of coats!  What is you trick for getting that great yellow?

33 minutes ago, Papa said:

Fantastic job on the coach. I am impressed with the intensity of the yellow.  I have found that every brand of yellow paint I have used, including house paint, will not cover without a nearly infinite number of coats!  What is you trick for getting that great yellow?

it was a  rattle can from a car colour range, on white primer

Halfords Ford Signal Yellow Car Spray Paint 300ml | Halfords UK

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

33 minutes ago, Papa said:

I have found that every brand of yellow paint I have used, including house paint, will not cover without a nearly infinite number of coats!

Yellow Papa is one of those colors that benefits greatly from a light colored primer underneath..., oranges and reds do as well if you want them bright and vivid...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

• 2 weeks later...

much better Kevin! :)   congrats on an awesome project!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

22 hours ago, SigEp Ziggy said:

Fantastic Job!  I am glad to see this build because I wanted to see what was involved in building this kit, and Wow! you did a great job.  Beautiful!

Thank you Ziggy

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished