Tiger 1 by Javlin - RFM - 1/35 - Early Version

Javlin

I thought go ahead and create a new thread one things are moving along well on this build two though not make you guys look through an old thread.The Mg-42 bags added,engine and radiators I got to say the engine fit was perfect!!The instructions have you install the upper hose before going into the bay the hose fit the cutout on the r/wall and landed at the rad!!RFM does some Nice engineering their has been a couple of quirks but blame that on me and were easy to overcome.I have already test fitted the lower deck of the gun turret to the deck of the transmission area all looks good to go.I go back to work tomorrow so progress will be slower.I have got to help the son find a truck to move his stuff to New Mexico on Wednesday but do have another holiday coming the week after use it or loose it.

tiger 001.JPG

tiger 002.JPG

tiger 003.JPG

tiger 004.JPG

tiger 005.JPG

Loving all that internal detail  - splendid work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

As said in an another post of yours, this interior looks very nice.

Greetings,

Dan.

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

Great work 👍

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

The engine compartment is finished and sealed!The little transmission that I had to assemble while easy to build was a PIA to install not much of a locating pin for something hanging.I would advise anyone that does this kit brill/pin the part save some time.The back plate aligns perfectly exhaust wise to the engine and outside can't say enough about the engineering that RFM did!!Some pics ....;)

tiger 001.JPG

tiger 004.JPG

Edited by Javlin

They do make really fine kits.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Looking great Kevin.  Wow, that's a lot of detail!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

super detail! ;)   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 years later...

I am back on this build for a little bit of a go while/which parts have arrived for the Sharnhorst still have the bug for something else so here I am.I finished up the wheels and have started on the tracks now I see the comment 5 parts per track that almost 500 for each side :hsmack:I am getting more efficient though organization,preparation and good lighting along with a plan.The glue I am using for the nails is a mixture roughly 50/50 of Tamy Thick/thin I had to many nails coming out with the thin and tracks trying to weld this glues the head for the most part.I lay the 19 tracks in the guide and that 1/4" tamy tape gets applied down the center I can now pic up the track and drive the nails home while in hand.I then from the patch of green tape apply that CA that's activated by light and apply the teeth to the tracks every other track again holding in hand and the teeth with my fingers I leave a stub attached under good lighting.It is taking me about 30/40 minutes to finish a 19 track segment ATTM.

Tracks are finished except for adding one more link out to 97 96 would pull any slack out of the top.I black gloss based and painted them MM Gun Metal looks a dark iron grey.;)

Oh and it's mandatory to have "The Who" "Who's Next" playing Nice and loud in the background.;)

Tiger 001.JPG

Tiger 002.JPG

Edited by Javlin

Good  to  see  you  back  on this  -  they  are   Supeb  kits  with all that  internal  detailing.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Welcome back.

Nice work 

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

17 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Good  to  see  you  back  on this  -  they  are   Supeb  kits  with all that  internal  detailing.

OC.

Thanks OC it's a bit more than I care for I did a Panzer IV also.;)

15 hours ago, Baker said:

Welcome back.

Nice work 

Yeah I have three more Tigers coming from Takom and Andy's Hobbies on a promo deal Early ,Mid and Late for $99 need to finish this one.:unsure:

5 hours ago, CDW said:

Looks great Kevin! Intimidating with all those parts. Tons of detail painting too.

A little bit intimidating Craig but weathering is morso the burners on the stove are just about all going.I have the Sharnhorst,Tiger and GB KI-21-Sally ICM 1/48 starting next week over at LSM.:rolleyes:

Looks great Kevin!!  That's an insane level of detail - looks like a fantastic kit!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

The Rye Field models are some of the most detailed out there. 👍

Almost anything by "The Who" works for me. 😁

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

On 1/27/2024 at 4:40 PM, Javlin said:

Oh and it's mandatory to have "The Who" "Who's Next" playing Nice and loud in the background.

18 hours ago, king derelict said:

Can't beat "Won't get Fooled Again" 

5 hours ago, Canute said:

Almost anything by "The Who" works for me.

For me, it Black Sabbath, Paranoid or Pink Floyd, The Wall...

Right now RFM is the go to for armor models....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

6 hours ago, Canute said:

Almost anything by "The Who" works for me. 😁

42 minutes ago, Egilman said:

For me, it's Thelonious Monk, Ahmad Jamal, Oscar Peterson, or Erroll Garner.

If I really want to jazz things up (pun intended), then Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, Kind of Blue, or Sketches in Spain  

5 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

If I really want to jazz things up (pun intended),

Ever listen to Robert Cray a black guitarist from late 70's/80's has a touch of rock/jazz I have my brothers album(deceased) called Strong Persuader I drop it on from time to time.I like just about any music except alot of the modern every now and then something will catch the ear.I can listen to classical,big band ,Rock and Choir sometimes.I for some reason always enjoyed this rendition of Beethoven's #9 and remember that great Christmas Movie "Die Hard"

29 minutes ago, Javlin said:

Ever listen to Robert Cray a black guitarist from late 70's/80

No, not familiar with him.

For my college Junior Prom we had Duke Ellington and his 14 piece orchestra.  Ah ! Paul Gonsalves's tenor saxophone solo on "Diminuendo and Crescendo in Blue" !  Ever listen to "The Nutcracker Suite", Ellington and Billy Strayhorn's jazz interpretations/arrangements of the 1892 ballet "The Nutcracker" by Tchaikovsky  ?

29 minutes ago, Javlin said:

Beethoven's #9 

aka "Ode to Joy"  - a favorite. I remember "Die Hard" (1, 2 and 3)

Just now, Jack12477 said:

Ellington and Billy Strayhorn's jazz interpretations/arrangements of the 1892 ballet "The Nutcracker" by Tchaikovsky  ?

I have not I have one or two of Tchaikovsky works none that famous though it's hard top find classical on records these days you say Duke and I think Chuck and "Johnny be Goode" so many renditions of that one out there.:rolleyes:

Well the tracks are painted and on with the skirts applied tonight.I was working on the forward MG and was held by a spring tweezers the curved piece moved and "Ping" so I am making a new piece out of two-part epoxy ........why? when it gets all covered up?just will not feel complete to me.;)

7 hours ago, Egilman said:

Right now RFM is the go to for armor models....

In the summer of 1970, I went with my dad to Florence, SC. There was a dental clinic there that pulled all your teeth and made you a set of false teeth all in the same day. I figured dad would need me to drive home after that trauma. While waiting for him to get finished up in the clinic, I walked through downtown Florence and saw a record shop. It was there I bought the first cut Black Sabbath and Credence Clearwater Revival albums. Turned out my dad was such a tough old bird, he drove the whole way back to our home in Florida after going through all that torture the whole day. He never once complained and wouldn't accept any help with the driving. But let me tell you, when he heard me playing those albums after we got home, he came unglued...told me to TURN THAT CRAP OFF! Lol...It must have been a shock for him to hear something like War Pig.

8 hours ago, CDW said:

....told me to TURN THAT CRAP OFF!

Oh, I distinctly remember words of very similar intent when I was young.... Along with words to the effect that he was going to have to get the speakers repaired now....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

11 hours ago, CDW said:

Lol...It must have been a shock for him to hear something like War Pig.

It was, but once I explained the lyrics, (to an 11 year veteran of two wars) where he could understand them, he agreed with them....

Quote:

1 hour ago, Canute said:

What would they say about playing the Doors.?

Never got that far with mine....

Quote:

Thanks for posting that Javlin.   I'm going to have to dig into my play lists now for my collecton and start playing htem again.  Something just seemed to hit me while your post was playing.   Darned if I know what it was but it was good.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 1/31/2024 at 2:41 AM, CDW said:

War Pig

Have you heard 'Samantha Fish' playing her version?

Tim

Current Builds :

Cutter "Speedy" 1828 from Plans by Bill Shoulders at 148

Bounty Launch - Scratch build - FINISHED
85 ft. Harbour Tug. scratch built  from plans by Francis Smith. ( FINISHED but no build log for this )

HMS Lightning. kit bashed from Deans Marine HMS Kelly kit ( FINISHED ) yes at last....