At the Edge of the Universe: Ianis by Jack12477 - FINISHED - Master Box - 1:24 scale

Posted (edited)

As a diversion from wood ship building, I picked up 4 Master Box Ltd figure kits from a post apocalyptic series they introduced some time ago.   One series is 1:24 scale and the other is 1:35 scale, I have kits in both scales. The first figure I did in the 1:24 scale is listed in my signature below, Raider Reaper.  

The other kits I purchased in the series are previewed in my post in Shore Leave - What did your received today

The box art and contents:

20240310_132352.thumb.jpg.871cc7e96237809bce17e9f48402856c.jpg20240310_132436.thumb.jpg.651e540d5f187afeb5eeb3f49cf0d8eb.jpg20240305_111831.thumb.jpg.62e07990949784bd8e71c5583b845d0d.jpg20240305_111904.thumb.jpg.a560fe1351531c6963197899e3bb9051.jpg20240305_122025.thumb.jpg.d81d2614e19db7a6f8c9cfc9ddffe94b.jpg20240305_122051.thumb.jpg.7ca36b699395e6d278edcdd07ff20d81.jpg20240305_122100.thumb.jpg.ed5aeac5449e1bed341fdf7e8ad105a8.jpg

Edited by Jack12477

Interesting build there, Jack. What's the doohickey on his back and arm? Odd flame-thrower or an adult beverage dispenser?

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Canute said:

Interesting build there, Jack. What's the doohickey on his back and arm? Odd flame-thrower or an adult beverage dispenser?

Probably a portable cutting/welding torch, judging from box art

Edited by Jack12477

3 hours ago, AJohnson said:

Now I like the sound of a drinks dispenser! 🤣🍹

By this time frame in future it will be an IV pump . 🤣🤪

Cool little project Jack!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Lovely work Jack   - really  unusual.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

I've seen the old Aurora figures around..........and Atlantis is beginning to reproduce some of the old animal kits.  but I've never heard of these kits..........truly off the beaten path ;)   very nice job !  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I've seen the old Aurora figures around..........and Atlantis is beginning to reproduce some of the old animal kits.  but I've never heard of these kits..........truly off the beaten path ;)   very nice job !  

Thanks ! Master Box Ltd is a Ukrainian company based in Dnipro. Don't know how they are able to continue producing such really detailed kits with a war going on in their backyard.  They have a really nice line of WWII military & civilian figures in addition to these "fantasy style" subjects. And they recently came out with Ukrainian Army figures.  SCALEHobbyist in Hudson NH near you carries their line. 

Edited by Jack12477
Correct spelling of Ukrainian city

Very nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

He's turned out nicely Jack. 👍 Waiting for Vadim.

I have an app named Hobby Color Converter on my Android phone. It's used to give you color equivalences for hobby paints. If instructions give you Fed Spec colors or Gunze colors, you can look up many other equivalent paints in other lines. The other feature for me is the hobby news portion. It gives you new releases for a/c, armor, auto, figures, fantasy figures (like Ianis), Model Shipwrights, model railroading and some more in-depth reviews. The shipwrights and railroad announcements are pretty thin, but since this is from the Kit Maker website, their website coverage in these areas is kind of minimal. I check in every other day or so to see what's new on the site.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

14 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Thanks ! Master Box Ltd is a Ukrainian company based in Dinipro. Don't know how they are able to continue producing such really detailed kits with a war going on in their backyard.  They have a really nice line of WWII military & civilian figures in addition to these "fantasy style" subjects. And they recently came out with Ukrainian Army figures.  SCALEHobbyist in Hudson NH near you carries their line. 

Great looking project, Jack.

I've often wondered the same thing about products from Ukraine. How the heck are they doing it with all that's happening. I own quite a few of their figure kits but have yet to crack open one to finish. Your work is inspirational.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:47 AM, Canute said:

That could be a beer-bong, Ken. A high-speed libations dispenser of sorts.

Scalehobbist is in Nashua.........they have a pretty good selection.  I was just looking at your new build, and I saw the others on the site, but did not see the guy with the cart.  perhaps he's shown in another section.  I'll bookmark the site.....thanks! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

25 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

Scalehobbist is in Nashua.

Apparently he uses the USPS facility in Hudson NH cuz that's were the tracking originates. 

Just now, CDW said:

He's my favorite online modeling supply shop.

Mine too! I search his site first. And delivery to me is 2 days max. Altho I never understand USPS' routing, NH to Albany, then Albany down Thruway to Newburgh driving right past Saugerties, then Newburgh back north on Thruway to Saugerties. 

Gotta go thru their sectional centers.

Of course, during COVID, I had a package come up from Savannah,GA to Greenville, SC. Should have come up US 25 to Hendersonville, but instead got 6 day vacation (?) in Durham, NC at the other end of the state.of NC. 🙄

Ken

39 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Mine too! I search his site first. And delivery to me is 2 days max. Altho I never understand USPS' routing, NH to Albany, then Albany down Thruway to Newburgh driving right past Saugerties, then Newburgh back north on Thruway to Saugerties. 

I once had a good friend from Newburgh. He and his wife both have passed away now. He used to tell me tales about his good friend “Jimmy” from Newburgh and all the mischief they got into a long time ago. One time Jimmy drove down from New York and I got to meet the legend. He came down in a big new Lincoln Town Car. Turned out Jimmy was a hit-man for the good fellas. I was nervous as a cat on a tin roof around that guy. A man of few words but he meant what he said when he did speak.

Posted (edited)

Newburgh is still the same, hasn’t change a bit, still the same reputation. You do not drive in or thru Newburg after dark, unless you're driving a MRAP. 

When I first moved to this area 50+ years ago, there was a large horse farm on the West Saugerties Road, there were so many black sedans with darkened  windows parked on the road opposite the farm with guys in suits with cameras and binoculars that the locals all joked about it. The owner of the farm was some dude named Persico. Need I say more? 😉🤐  

Edited by Jack12477

Had an uncle on Mom's side of the family who I wasn't sure what he did, but he always drove big, new cars. Buicks, primarily. He must have liked me because he let me borrow one to haul my date and several other frat brothers and dates into NYC for a formal affair at the Waldorf. What a Yank tank.

Ken