HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

Hello Kevin, you got me started with the spare spars and the fore stun´ sails ..

Daniel

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

good evening everyone

not much to report from the weekend, i have turned the build around now and making all the gun port lids fit, and this time fitting the fenders to the hull before putting on the decorative strips less room for mistakes

as i have distant thoughts towards the dark side i bought my self a couple of presents tonight, the serving machine and the rope maker from Alexey

post-1538-0-27151800-1370093326_thumb.jp

post-1538-0-29658800-1365243115_thumb.jp

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Boy are you gonna want a big space to put her, but wherever that is Kevin she's going to look pretty impressive. :dancetl6:  :dancetl6:

Cant wait for more updates and to use a well tongued phrase, " MORE PICTURES PLEASE" cant think where I got that from. :D  :D  :D  

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Good afternoon

Not much to show for this week build time, but slowly progressing, one gun port still to cut in the bow, the lower and middle gun decks have lids made, and in progress of having hinges and vents fitted, hope to have them all done by this time next week, fends are ready for painting

all the best

post-846-0-56501700-1376240867_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-26923700-1376240898_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

i struggle getting a nice photo to present my work, any suggestions, i have a decent camera, what is the best colour to have as a backdrop, 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

I think the best way is….

Place a white sheet behind the ship and use that as a background.

NO flashlight and if you have one , use a tripod.

You can turn the ship in any direction and still have the same light that you are using at the first picture.

You have a digital camera, then use the benefit of it.

Make from every position a few photo's not only one.

Some a little closer, some further away.

When you put them on the computer , you can choose the best one.

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Kevin,

I'm no expert in photography at all (as you can probably tell from my own photos), but I believe that a blue background is said to be the best for this.  If you have a look a some of Chris Watton's updates, I think you'll see a few examples of this.

I've always quite liked your photography Kevin, especially when you take her out in the sun for natural lighting.

But the you can tell from my photographic skills and the messy background that photo taking isn't my specialty, for me it more about content.

The biggest problem you have, as I see it, is the BIG problem called Vicky. If you get all of her in the pic, you can't see the detail. Thats why such a build requires multiple shots to get all the detail and majesty of a 1st rate ship and build.

Keith aint wrong Kevin, size is the main issue, that's why a 3/4 view from the bow or stern can work wonders. For lighting, sunlight is best.

As Sjors has said, take plenty and pick what you think are the best.

What you have produced so far is good and shows the Vic is coming along very nicely.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

good evening everyone

not much to report from the weekend, i have turned the build around now and making all the gun port lids fit, and this time fitting the fenders to the hull before putting on the decorative strips less room for mistakes

as i have distant thoughts towards the dark side i bought my self a couple of presents tonight, the serving machine and the rope maker from Alexey

post-1538-0-27151800-1370093326_thumb.jp

post-1538-0-29658800-1365243115_thumb.jp

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

hello everyone , just to let you know im alive and kicking,

just another 5 gun port lids on the port side to make, so i am still progressing, but lots going on in real life, as i am re-assessing my goals in life

as some of you may be aware- i have been loosing weight for the last 7 months now lost 31 kgs and still going - but i have asked to be a consultant - under a franchise and have made the decision to go for it, the intentions are that eventually this will replace my full time employment- so that will lead to me having a lot more free time (well thats the idea)

apologies - for my lack of correspondence in others build logs, lol i have even packed EVE (online game in) after five years 

So please bear with me - im still here

all the best

Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Best wishes on your new direction from here as well.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Best wishes on the new posting.  Hope it works out to your advantage.  We'll try to be patient and also try to keep a certain person from bugging you for pictures.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Didn't you say you'd already retired three times? Hmmmmmmm............. They say a change is as good as a holiday, so best wishes for success with your Change. Personally, I'm opting for Holiday - five weeks, starting tomorrow! :D

Didn't you say you'd already retired three times? Hmmmmmmm............. They say a change is as good as a holiday, so best wishes for success with your Change. Personally, I'm opting for Holiday - five weeks, starting tomorrow! :D

lol- im fed up retiring, its almost a full time job avoiding it

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good Afternoon everyone

Well i have started the process of Lid rigging, it took a while to get into it, but i have a system that seams to work, At present none of the ropes are secured into the hull,so the squiffy one's should become tighter

all the best

post-846-0-89467000-1377514179_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin,

Very nice picture  :D

You are telling that they are not secured, is that meaning that they hanging loose?

Or is my English that bad that I understood it wrong…..

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif