neither wood nor plastic

it looks so fantastic

I find it hard to convey

so I write you this prose

I can't hand you a rose

"museum".....is all I can say

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Dear friends,

I am extremely pleased and honored that you like my work. I appreciate your support a lot.

Thank you all very much for your kind words. There is still much to learn and improve in my work. But mainly I build models for a joy and also education - I like to raise knowledge about history and construction of real ships.

I will continue to build models so that my work was worthy of your words.

To all: I often watch your beautiful work and find plenty of a great inspiration. That helps me a lot and brings pleasure and joy, when I can see, how  wonderful things you are able to create. I am blessed to be here together with you.

Not only am I struggling to keep up with your updates Doris,I am struggling to find something original to say. :D I have seen a lot of beautiful models in my time,but this would have to rank as one of the top ones.I think the combination of your massive talent and the fact that Royal Caroline is such a beautiful vessel make an unbeatable combination B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

Kind Regards 

Nigel

Oh yes, the beauty of real Royal Caroline was the main reason, why I chose the RC as a template for my model. Our ancestors were able to build amazing things.

I don't have a name for it:

they say there's a reflection

'tween modeler and selection

of the ship they wish to portray

so this ship built by hands

guided by envisioned commands

and leaves us with nothing to say

neither wood nor plastic

it looks so fantastic

I find it hard to convey

so I write you this prose

I can't hand you a rose

"museum".....is all I can say

That´s really adorable, your beautiful verses make me happy and caress my soul. I am very grateful.

Soon I will bring more pics, how the work on RC continues. Now I am modelling other crew members and there are plenty of work with them.

post-1353-0-13028400-1394918018_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-02730900-1394918035_thumb.jpg

Some details are improved or added gradually on the model, for example iron rings under the main channel or pale wooden center in all front "pins" ( i do not know accurate name in English :blush: )  for tying ropes.

20140315182041-237770-v.jpg

20140315182019-237769-v.jpg

20140315181950-237768-v.jpg

20140315181921-237767-v.jpg

Kind regards

Doris

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

All I can do is stare at the pictures and hit "like"....  and then look at the pictures again.  Speech fails me.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Dear friends,
thank you very much for your support and kind comments, that´s a great pleasure for me.

I will make every effort to make you liked the "crew in action".

Few days ago I have started modelling first two men - a lieutenant and a young sailor, who will work with a tackle on the right side of cannon. Now they are ready on the board. Soon I will make other sailors and add tackles at cannons.

Enjoy the pics:

20140320192756-238389-v.jpg

20140320192830-238390-v.jpg

20140320192847-238391-v.jpg

20140320192911-238392-v.jpg

20140320192942-238393-v.jpg

20140320193004-238394-v.jpg

20140320193026-238395-v.jpg

20140320193112-238396-v.jpg

20140320193130-238397-v.jpg

Doris

Current build:

wonderfull as allways blumen-smilies-0003.gif

cheers    :cheers:

Robert

And when the workaholic grabs me, I sit quietly in a corner and wait until the attack is over

Into dockyard:   HMY Royal Caroline 1749 made from Bone

74 Gun-ship 1781 (engl.) Admiralty Model M 1:50 by M. Stalkartt

you got 'em studdering now Doris.......very well done......{big thumbs up!}

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Doris,

I want to order 300 people from you for my Aggy  :D  :D

And I want one Horatio Nelson......

No rush but please be finished before I finished my Aggy ?

Great job again !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hello dear friends,

thank you very much for you kind words, comments and support, that is a great honor and pleasure for me.

It is also a challenge for me to keep up my work to be worthy of your praise. I believe that it is always possible to make things better. For example I have improved some details on the figures (I adapted the feet or changed the shape of officer´s hat .....).

Doris , Realy excellent working. I have a question. Wlere did you get crews

The crew is hand made from clay/sculpey by my own, all figures are made exactly and in a scale, how I need.

Doris,

I want to order 300 people from you for my Aggy  :D  :D

And I want one Horatio Nelson......

No rush but please be finished before I finished my Aggy ?

Great job again !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Wow,  only 300 men? Oh, I understand - the others will be hidden inside of the ship, right? :D

During the weekend I finished another seaman and also tackles at one of the cannons. I tried to capture the moment, when both seamen are waiting to the lieutenant command to manipulate the cannon.

Here are some pics so please enjoy them.

20140322121051-238479-v.jpg

20140322121119-238480-v.jpg

20140322121140-238481-v.jpg

20140322121200-238482-v.jpg

20140322121217-238483-v.jpg

20140322121233-238484-v.jpg

20140322213932-238510-v.jpg

20140322213955-238511-v.jpg

20140322214024-238512-v.jpg

20140322214050-238513-v.jpg

20140322214107-238514-v.jpg

Kind regards

Doris

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

Dear Sjors,
I know, you are making fun of me....:P
Creating crew members in this amount would take several years of difficult work. But one Nelson maybe could be possible. B) I usually make one figure about 1-2 days.

I love watching your beautiful work on wooden models, it is a great inspiration and pleasure for me.

In April I am going to start other projects - IJN Yamato 1:350 and then USS Missouri also in 1:350 scale ( Tamiya manufacturer). And there I will use some photoetched parts , crew members included. :pirate41:

Best regards

Doris

Doris

Current build:

Doris if you make one Nelson spend a week on it and it will be your crowning masterpiece for this model.

David B

Doris -

You are really bringing your work to life with your figures.  Bravo . . .  I echo everyone else's respect for your work. 

Please can you tell me where you found the hooks for your train tackle?  They are just what I am looking for.  Thanks.

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein

Hello Doris,

I think my crew is on the wrong ship. What do you think?a_100_5050b942.gif
I should keelhaul those guysa_16_4746ae90.gif

very very good as allways. I wish i can do this too a_95_95655cfc.gif

cheers    :cheers:

Robert

And when the workaholic grabs me, I sit quietly in a corner and wait until the attack is over

Into dockyard:   HMY Royal Caroline 1749 made from Bone

74 Gun-ship 1781 (engl.) Admiralty Model M 1:50 by M. Stalkartt

This is not just a ship model but a diorama in the making, perhaps just putting it in a case might not be enough! perhaps next to  a dock and warehouse with several boats tied up alongside the dock and the ship?  You are the one that could pull it off! B) 

Cheers, Guy
The Learner
Current Member NRG,SMA

Current Build: HMS Triton 1:48 on line

Doris,

What to say that has not been said...simply stunning, your little folk look really great, did you say you were doing 300 of these guys!!!

Doris, not only are your figures nicely proportioned but your skill painting them is also excellent, they really do bring another dimension to your work.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Dear friends,

your words mean a lot for me and I appreciate your praise and comments very much. I warmly thank you!

Doris if you make one Nelson spend a week on it and it will be your crowning masterpiece for this model.
David B

Um... Nelson wasn't even born until 1758. Beautiful work as usual, Doris!

Well, on the model there will be about 15 crew members from the mid -18th century. The figure of Nelson could be possible only as a very young child, but I do not plan to create him for Royal Caroline. I only answered Sjors. ;)

Doris -

You are really bringing your work to life with your figures.  Bravo . . .  I echo everyone else's respect for your work. 

Please can you tell me where you found the hooks for your train tackle?  They are just what I am looking for.  Thanks.

Dan

No problem, it is possible to purchase here:

LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN BECAUSE THIS SITE HAS SOME SERIOUS COPYRIGHT ISSUES>>><>THEY PIRATE EVERYTHING. 

Hello Doris,

I think my crew is on the wrong ship. What do you think?a_100_5050b942.gif
I should keelhaul those guysa_16_4746ae90.gif

very very good as allways. I wish i can do this too a_95_95655cfc.gif

Hello Robert,

I have an idea - some of my crew members could  visit your beautiful ship, maybe we will meet on the sea one day... :cheers:

This is not just a ship model but a diorama in the making, perhaps just putting it in a case might not be enough! perhaps next to  a dock and warehouse with several boats tied up alongside the dock and the ship?  You are the one that could pull it off! B) 

Maybe in the future, but for diorama I need larger space. :( Now I have only one room, where I keep all models protected against dust and air humidity.

Doris,

What to say that has not been said...simply stunning, your little folk look really great, did you say you were doing 300 of these guys!!!

300 figures of men - but not for my model. It would be mission impossible for me. :huh:  I am going to create only 15 figures for Royal Caroline.

Doris, not only are your figures nicely proportioned but your skill painting them is also excellent, they really do bring another dimension to your work.

Michael

Oh yes, dear Michael, the figures bring better imagination about real size of the ship and I also try to create more authentic clothes of the crew from 18th century.

Here are some larger and actual pics of Royal Caroline:

post-1353-0-38991000-1395733964_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-61918200-1395733968_thumb.jpg

Kind regards

Doris

Edited by Chuck

Doris

Current build: