KORTES

Friech Boeir Yacht "SPERWER" by Kortes -1:30 scale

Greetings my honorable colleagues.

Asking the admittance to “the Dutch club”🙂

I have found the drawing in the internet, scale 1:30. I’m planning on working with the pear tree and black hornbeam.

I would be very grateful for the advices and constructive critics.

For the moment the model has a certain level of readiness. I will download the report in the chronological order.

I also wanted to say that English is not my native language and I would have to use the translator sometimes. Due to this the terminology and information could be mistranslated. In advance, my sincere apologies if this may happen.

Respectfully yours.

resolve (7).jpg

2.jpg

You're in luck -- we have a number of Dutch members on this forum, and some of them are bound to be knowledgeable on this type of vessel.

Cheers!

Hi Kortes,

beautiful build, nice and clean planking job. I like the way you tacked the planks down (next to the planks themselves), so there remain no holes in the planks, Thanks for sharing....

Nils

16 minutes ago, Mirabell61 said:

Hi Kortes,

beautiful build, nice and clean planking job. I like the way you tacked the planks down (next to the planks themselves), so there remain no holes in the planks, Thanks for sharing....

Nils

Hi Nils,

always glad to help.

Beautifully made Kortes

I can help you with the names in Dutch
It is Friesch boeierjacht Sperwer

"Friesch" comes from "Friesland", a province in the northern part of the Netherlands

"Boeier" is the type of ship that you make.

"Sperwer" is the name of the ship (a bird, sparrow)

4 hours ago, Backer said:

Beautifully made Kortes

I can help you with the names in Dutch
It is Friesch boeierjacht Sperwer

"Friesch" comes from "Friesland", a province in the northern part of the Netherlands

"Boeier" is the type of ship that you make.

"Sperwer" is the name of the ship (a bird, sparrow)

My greetings, Patrick,

Thank you very much for your valuable refiniment, I would be very glad to benefit from your assistance!

Only doesn't "Sperwer" mean hawk, not a sparrow?:)

My best regards

1 hour ago, michael mott said:

Lovely clean looking hull Kortes.

Michael

Dear Michael. 

Im very touched by your attention to my work .

Alexander.

This boat has clean lines and you did an excellent job of planking her. Both the bluff bow and stern are an exercise on its own. I know this from building yachts and presently building a Boyer. 

You are correct, a sperwer is a type of hawk. 

Did you get the plans from het Friese Scheepvaart museum online or if not where? 

Marcus 

My greetings, Marcus,

Unfortunately, in my disposal I have only two sheets of plans, which i found in internet. Also lots of photos of Dutch yachtsmen are a big help for me.

Respectfully yours.