ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Hello Doris and a happy New Year.  Congratulations with your new job.

Superb work on the rigging parts my dear friend.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I like other have miss your post. As always your work is outstanding, you are one of the great ones and I know that everyone here agrees with this. What you do with card is out of this world, if a person didn't know it was card they would swear that it was wood. I like others wish you and your family the best and I know you will be outstanding with your new job.

I have one question, how do you keep the dust off of all your ships. I hope you don't mind me asking.

Thank you

Wacko

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)

awe-some work Doris!   there is such beauty with all you do.  thank you.......and I hope that 2015 holds great things for you  as well!

good health and peace!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Doris,

Good luck with your new career in 2015.

Also, your flag waves in the air so realistically, I so visualize the wind-----another talented achievement, Will you ever stop surprising (:-) Please don't.

Regards,

Michael

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doris,

May you explain how have you given that perfect waved shape to the flag? It's far away from my skill but I will be happy with the knowledge.

Thank you very much and I am sorry if I asked a question already answered...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Hi Doris,

May you explain how have you given that perfect waved shape to the flag? It's far away from my skill but I will be happy with the knowledge.

Thank you very much and I am sorry if I asked a question already answered...

Hi Ferit

Like many people, I've been absolutely fascinated by the paper ships that Doris builds and methods used, they really are amazing. A while ago I spent some very enjoyable time reading through Doris's various build logs, both here and on other forums to learn more and I kept some notes. I hope Doris doesn't mind me providing some links for you on how the flags were made: 

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=162240

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/?p=165490

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/854-royal-caroline-by-doris-card-1749-140/page-48#entry226396

Here is a link to a post on flag making on Doris's Sovereign of the Seas build with a slightly different method: 

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/9403-sovereign-seas-1637-1-96-scratch-build-29.html#post243344

Here is another post from the Slovak paper modelers site with another flag making example from Sovereign of the Seas (use Google translate to get an English translation):

http://www.papermodelers.sk/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2110&start=700#p73661

I hope your new job is going well Doris! All the best with it!

Raz

Many thanks Raz for your aid to me and especially to Doris.
And it's really shame for me (being a follower of Doris) to learn some precious information from the Log of Doris by a member joined at 18 Nov 2014 and by his first post :'(
Many thanks and many apologizes...

Edited by AlphaUrsaeMinoris

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome work, WOW and I cannot even tell if it is card or wood. Beautifully detailed as well.

Marc

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Part 9 -modeling the visible part of the second wing and improving details, the final adjustment of whole shapehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvgLu2PJyI&feature=youtu.beFinished sculpture ready for baking:20130304084550-197931-v.jpg 20130304084537-197930-v.jpg Pegasus is ready for baking in the oven and after that I will paint it and place onto the base of one from my sailing ships

Part 9 -modeling the visible part of the second wing and improving details, the final adjustment of whole shapehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvgLu2PJyI&feature=youtu.beFinished sculpture ready for baking:20130304084550-197931-v.jpg 20130304084537-197930-v.jpg Pegasus is ready for baking in the oven and after that I will paint it and place onto the base of one from my sailing ships

Hi Doris, first l want to thank you for being so generous by sharing all this pics and videos that show so clearly how you make your magic. You are an amazing artist. I have seen this log and the pics of your finished work on another ships and l most say that they are so impresive. You have inspired me to improve my self and my modeling work. Thanks again and have a great week.

Best regards

Polo

• 1 month later...

Hello, dear friends!
Thank you very much for your support and kind words. I appreciate them a lot.
I was not here for a long time and I have to apologize. In January I started new career, the work was not difficult, but I had no free time and also the new job did not bring me any pleasure nor satisfaction.

So I decided to finish there and few days ago I have found a new occupation as a branch Manager at Don Bosco society and believe this will be much better for me.

The Royal Caroline is already finished a  have to say, that she is my best ship model I have ever created.

post-1353-0-85713100-1434448040_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-87232500-1434448117_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-67372500-1434448128_thumb.jpg

I would like to bring some pics from the progress for you and hope, you will enjoy them.
Have a great time and take care
Doris

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card