Cutter Cheerful 1806 by Rustyj - FINISHED - 1:48 Scale

Ok lets see here moving along I placed and the lower backstay and the fiddle block is from Syren Ship Modeling.

IMG_2496.thumb.JPG.bfdf7e7fbb3667f581dd7712ec296dcc.JPG

Oh wait a minute I seem to be forgetting something.

Oh yes my brain cramp that Bob was so observant and luckily pointed out. Thanks again Bob!

I removed all the lower shrouds and  burton pendants. Of course I had to re-make all of them!

So I got a lot of additional practice on the Serve O Matic serving new shrouds and pendants.

So now the new set of shrouds have been re-installed correctly and I'm back on track.

That is until the next brain cramp occurs!

IMG_2499.thumb.JPG.46034a22042b33833d5c5a3297878359.JPG

IMG_2494.thumb.JPG.6f618229efec789c7c0777fa12ab43b4.JPG

IMG_2501.thumb.JPG.d54bb3c3ea038b8972e08b29b5695f55.JPG

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Very nice and clean

Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans

Sorry again to have been the bearer of bad news, but this looks much better. :)  BTW, you are hardly alone in having brain cramps. I thought that I had the monopoly on them.

Bob

Thanks Derek! Thanks for all the likes. Hopefully nobody will have to "unlike" this time!;)

Bob I can't thank you enough. Keep up the quality control, Please!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Here I have completed the sling.

IMG_2503.thumb.JPG.e55a7fc489163c84c106951660842ac9.JPG

Then I served the fore stay, seized the splice and the lanyard wove through the 5-hole deadeye at the other end.

IMG_2506.thumb.JPG.918b345194fa7b8c5a7823daca63ed71.JPG

IMG_2505.thumb.JPG.a999aa05979496545e199deff48174ce.JPG

I noticed during the turmoil of the shroud screw up I forgot to add the tackle to the burton pendants  so I'll go back and do that next! 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Good fix Rusty.

I love your rope work mate, really clean and tidy.

She's looking a real treat, a real credit to the skills your showing here.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Looking back to our recent meeting I can't believe we missed the rigging problem Bob highlighted. Many eyes were present but few were seeing as we were focused on the model beauty. Knowing your demeanor I assume you took it in stride with little frustration. And with your usual expertise and dispatch you have moved on! Great work Rusty!

Joe

Thanks albert, mobbsie and all the likes!

Thanks druxey, Chuck mentioned that the burton pendant tackles were "normally' not

rigged but thought it would be nice to show them rigged so I'm following his example.

Joe, there are so many oops in my builds that I chuckle more then yell. That is when it's

found early. If that had been found after the ratlines had been done some creative cussing

may have been in order.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Well after the shroud debacle I'm back on track and all of the pesky ratlines have been added to the shrouds.

Also all the lines were re tightened prior to adding the ratlines. Now I have to remove the excess and add the rope coils.

IMG_2508.thumb.JPG.3b4e21b197b176b4b9377881c77d037c.JPG

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Thanks Dirk and Chuck! Also all the "likes" too.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Hi Rusty,

I am just catching up on your build. What brand of red ochre did you use for the red? And I didn't see how you colored the wales and other black stuff.

Best wishes,

Mark

Hi Mark. All the paints I used were Admiralty Paints.

Red Ochre, dull black and flat black were the colors. 

Thanks Rusty

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

LOL no one is happier than me Bob! Your job isn't over until i finish though. :P

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

The topmast shrouds and the topmast stay have been added. All lines have

had their tension adjusted, tied off and the rats nest of excess line has been

removed. Rope coils have been added too. That completes the standing

rigging and we're heading towards the finish!

IMG_2511.thumb.JPG.12b926f56ac5fc08d101840291c9594d.JPG 

IMG_2512.thumb.JPG.cce3b06fd7129f541b316b3dab481fea.JPG

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Thank you for the kind words Al and Joe. Also thanks for the likes. 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

That is really nice work Rusty; another gem from your dockyard - be sure to give the crew an extra rum ration! :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thanks Pat, 

The crew has a bit of a taste for Irish Whiskey right now but will definitely appreciate the extra ration.  :D

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

I've completed the Foresail Halliard, Jib Halliard and the inhaul and outhaul.

Hard to see in these pics but they are there.

Sorry Bob but you're really gonna have to strain to proof these.

IMG_2514.thumb.JPG.8b26bbaa0b3c18e10184eee384739c35.JPG

IMG_2515.thumb.JPG.17d64660e94a34cd4cb4f610f7744a1f.JPG

Here is the lower yard sling and the sling in place on the yard.

5a09d103bb5c4_IMG_2512(2).thumb.JPG.400ea2db3ba2135beb6570bac7e63d64.JPG

5a09cfb08db66_IMG_2513(2).thumb.JPG.fc1d937595c671d3185c2d80877cfe76.JPG

As I made both yards earlier I'm hoping to make a good deal of progress in the next couple of days.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Ah thanks Bob. That makes me feel much better! Thanks for all the likes too!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Nice work Rusty; the detail on that lower sling is stunning.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thanks Pat. Just following Chucks teachings! 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

The main yard has been placed and the braces and lifts attached and tightened. 

I'll add rope coils once I finish the top sail yard and make sure everything is snug.

IMG_2518.thumb.JPG.a669d30a67c6d052aa74f5f73f567b07.JPG

IMG_2519.thumb.JPG.c553e6ebbb7c46ffb6754209cbe4e3f2.JPG

IMG_2520.thumb.JPG.dc766f95d501d226288a543344a7e54c.JPG

IMG_2521.thumb.JPG.3f5fbcfb86e8c791c90761c59690c0f7.JPG

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B)