Finished - 1931 Cadillac by CDW - JoHan - 1:25 Scale

CDW

please finish her

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Once I lose interest, it's hard to regain it.

Aw, she's a lady brother..... you can't just leave her hanging half dressed..... :-)

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

I can only echo what Kevin and EG have said because she's got to go to the ball 😏

And you are doing a fine job on her👍

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

22 minutes ago, CDW said:

Added interior window cranks, door latch handles, and an instrument cluster to replace the poor raised details of the kit parts.

Getting closer to the finish line.

I wish they had that stuff for mine, but then again I'm doing OOB, your dash is much prettier than mine.....

Nice work.....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Dry fitting is absolutely mandatory with these older model kits. Lots of dry fitting. Every part/piece that's added will often change the overall fit. Modern kit tooling has spoiled us. These older models can be built nicely, but it truly is a lot more work to do it. That's one of the reasons I lose interest with a model like this. Not complaining, just explaining. If you want to build a 1:25 1931 Cadillac V16 Roadster, there is no other alternative, and may never be another. Who would spend the money necessary to tool these molds all over again? We perhaps be impossible to recoup the cost.

DSCN3684.thumb.JPG.9a53103a4be287ff206d2a84c6aedb15.JPGDSCN3685.thumb.JPG.1a3ead5c5c3147fa3e2d7ac749e7e93f.JPGDSCN3686.thumb.JPG.389034d4f632035c56bc55b9f53d273c.JPGDSCN3687.thumb.JPG.c53296d353c260a9811d3a66efbac7bc.JPGDSCN3688.thumb.JPG.e358fc1dd21507b73fdb89b1a1797b90.JPGDSCN3689.thumb.JPG.9fd2c9a11895ebadbc07d982b39b1c0b.JPGDSCN3690.thumb.JPG.383592e3328bb25faf296543a1e7a3b9.JPG

1 hour ago, CDW said:

The photo etch details are generic street rod items available from Detail Master. I have a box full of assorted photo etch details for my car models.

I know that my friend, I'm suffering from the type of car.

There is no door hardware except for a pull latch much like those on cars today. The dash has two oval gauges, a speedo and clock, the rest are arc type meter gauges and the gas gauge is a bubble vial type that actually had live fuel in it.... There is no aftermarket for them as there is none for this model.... One of the reasons it's been on the shelf for so long.... As has the V-16 cabriolet....

OOB is pretty much what you get with one of these.... 

Very Very nice roadster my friend, she looks much better with a full suit of clothes and jewelry, ready to prowl the town......

Great Job.....

Gonna be a stunner when finished....

Quote:

7 minutes ago, marktiedens said:

You are doing such a fine job with this kit - the last JoHan kit I tried to build in my youth was so bad I just threw it in the trash!   Never bought another one.

Mark

Sounds like my earlier kits....

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

9 hours ago, marktiedens said:

You are doing such a fine job with this kit - the last JoHan kit I tried to build in my youth was so bad I just threw it in the trash!   Never bought another one.

Mark

9 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Sounds like my earlier kits....

OC.

Thanks gentlemen. Appreciate your kind comments. Kits like these were definitely not optimal for kids. Even today, it takes a lot of patience to get them done. The reward is a unique model of a subject that cannot be found elsewhere.

1 hour ago, marktiedens said:

That`s the only kit I never completed - the fit was so poor that it was more putty than plastic.

Mark

They have special requirements, that's why I call them ladies, you have to tease the beauty out of them before they satisfy....

A reminder that everything good requires effort....

That's what makes them special, when done, and done well like we see here, means you have actually accomplished something...... 

EG

Quote:

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Kits like these were definitely not optimal for kids. Even today, it takes a lot of patience to get them done. The reward is a unique model of a subject that cannot be found elsewhere.

Amen brother....

Quote:

Doesn't that just look the business  - lovely work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

That came out pretty nice Craig. I was wondering about doing the top white when you said that was the color you were going to use but it really does add a touch of elegance to her looks.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Saturday night, but Covid19 keeps her from enjoying a night on the town that she deserves. 

Now ya TALKIN'

DSCN3699.JPG.8829f151f1b9a22cd07baf86cd863fb4.thumb.jpg.05f1a23a997ff02ca950ff3f230ac27d.jpg

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of color correcting the image....

I'm sure she will get her dance..... She really can strut it.... 

Beautiful girl my friend Impressive.....

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

Beautiful.  That would be a great ride, Capone or no Capone.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Natty little mover! Fat Sam's here we come😁

Great work Craig. Love the colours. 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED