DeHavilland Mosquito FB Mk VI by Danstream - Tamiya - 1/48 scale - PLASTIC

17 minutes ago, Danstream said:

According to Squadron and to most of the articles that I read, the most suitable glue to be used is the Micro Kristal Klear.

Yep I've read the same things, but the best results I achieved was with Formula 560, a specific glue for micro thin canopies works very well on the kit canopies as well... It usually take one application as it shrinks to completely invisible level and the bond is something to believe.... Not that Micro clear won't work cause it does, it's just that there are other products that work even better in some circumstances...

This is one of them...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all of you who are following this build, I would like to inform you that my build is momentarily on hold, because:

- in the last period, I am working on my ship build, although I don't have anything interesting to post yet;

- with my retirement, I resumed an old hobby of mine which is drawing and painting, see below;

- I am going to drive a long trip down to Italy to visit roots and that will keep me away from my hobby desk for several weeks.

About the Mosquito, the installation of the Squadron vac-formed canopy is concluded and the result is quite ok, I will show you that as soon as I will have some progress, when I am back.

About the other hobby, let me post here two exercises of mine that perhaps should please at least Chris, @ccoyle, seen the quote he inserted in the footer of his signature. These are drawings made by pencil and that I copied from pictures of the actors that I downloaded from internet.

Eliwallach_resized.thumb.jpg.2071d5b254ac18d6cd2b5eff91687cba.jpg

Leevancleef_resized.thumb.jpg.c0bea4511ab60b6655c70f54c79ca9a8.jpg

Sorry for the digression,

Arrivederci,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

Another of my favorite lines from the same film:

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht

Yes, I loved these western movies, they were packed with these cold-humor lines and situations. I don't know whether they would be considered acceptable nowadays. Anyway I liked them a lot. Great actors, great scripts, great director and above all memorable music. If you like it, tries the following:

Cheers,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart