Varyag 1901 by Valeriy V - FINISHED - scale 1:75 - Russian Cruiser

33 minutes ago, Veszett Roka said:

Let me guess Valery, this is another model from you? Looks like a second class torpedo boat from a battleship, i seen similar boats on Panteleimon/Potemkin and Retvizan.

This is a model of a steam mine boat from the battleship Peresvet. I talked about this model on 2 pages of this topic.
  There were other boats on the Potemkin and Retvizan. ;) 

Hi and congratz on a fantastic master build!

I have always been a bit curious about the russian ships by the name of "Retvizan", because it was

obviously a name carried by at least one Swedish warship: "HMS Rättvisan" in the late 1800s.

I think there were more than one "Rättvisan" in the Swedish navy over the years.

The name would in english translate into something like "HMS The Justice".

Any knowledge on these russian Retvizan-ships?

Kind regrds, Pontus

Edited by VonHoldinghausen

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48

40 minutes ago, VonHoldinghausen said:

Hi and congratz on a fantastic master build!

I have always been a bit curious about the russian ships by the name of "Retvizan", because it was

obviously a name carried by at least one Swedish warship: "HMS Rättvisan" in the late 1800s.

I think there were more than one "Rättvisan" in the Swedish navy over the years.

The name would in english translate into something like "HMS The Justice".

Any knowledge on these russian Retvizan-ships?

Kind regrds, Pontus

Thanks Pontus!

In the Russian Navy there were only 5 ships with that name.

Swedish 64-gun  ship of the line ,taken prisoner in 1790, served until 1813

74-gun  ship of the line, built in 1818 in Arkhangelsk, served until 1833

74-gun  ship of the line, built in 1837 in Arkhangelsk, served until 1852 and converted into a blockhead

84-gun screw ship of the line, built in 1854 in St. Petersburg, served until 1874

Battleship built by Kramp together with Varyag 1901

How very interesting! Thank you very much!

I am surprised though that the russian navy kept the name.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48

Simply magnificent Valeriy. I hope that you and your family are safe and well over the festive season and through the coming year.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

3 hours ago, KeithAug said:

Simply magnificent Valeriy. I hope that you and your family are safe and well over the festive season and through the coming year.

Thank you Keith!
   Thanks to the Lord God, everything is fine with me and I am completing my project. It remains for me to install the steam boats on the model and raise the flags.

519.jpg

She is so impressive!!! It’s hard to find the words to describe her beauty and perhaps more importantly, the level of your skills and craftsmanship. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Jim 

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea, Model Shipways Mayflower 

Completed Builds: NRG Half Hull Project  

Model Shipways 18th Century Armed Longboat

Dumas 1954 Chris Craft 36' Commander

Dumas 1940 Chris Craft 19' Barrel Back

Beautiful thoughts and ship. Merry Christmas, Valeriy.

Magnificent!

It is a Christmas gift for you to have the finished model. Your pictures of it are a gift to us!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This is a build from which I will suffer some degree of withdrawal, every time I open the site I do so with great anticipation that Valeriy has a new post on this magnificent build.

It's great to hear that you are safe on the home front and also the update on this incredible work of art.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Valeriy,

Not only is this simply a stunning model, but the circumstances under which it has been created make it doubly impressive.

Cheers, friend, and I hope that 2023 will bring better things!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix