4 hours ago, maaaslo said:

you might be still shipping to the continent Chris, but customs charges that your customers are going to be hit with are no scaremongering. they are a harsh reality. or as us remainers liked to call it: Project Reality. i hope you can still continue posting to the EU. some retailers have already said they wont be doing so. 

it would be a loss to the modelling world if you went out of business due to the customers sending goods back. some retailers are already feeling the effects very bad.

Thats what was also reported to me but I hope that this will not affect the interrelationsuip between the modellers like Pablo, Paul or Pov.

Clark

10 minutes ago, Clark said:

Thats what was also reported to me but I hope that this will not affect the interrelationsuip between the modellers like Pablo, Paul or Pov.

Clark

nothing changed for me. i will keep buying my models the same way i always did. part build and abandoned from ebay. and when i fancy a paper model, i will travel home and order them in to be delivered there. i am from EU country, so have options.

regarding Chris's business, only time will tell how affected it is going to be.

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

16 minutes ago, maaaslo said:

nothing changed for me. i will keep buying my models the same way i always did. part build and abandoned from ebay. and when i fancy a paper model, i will travel home and order them in to be delivered there. i am from EU country, so have options.

regarding Chris's business, only time will tell how affected it is going to be.

I thought you were from Wickford, UK?

14 minutes ago, chris watton said:

I think I will start a fresh thread soon, as this is long and now getting a little too off topic

That's an idea!

Good plan. Someone can start a Brexit thread separately

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

I agree, but isn’t that what this thread was becoming. Either way, I’m good. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

3 minutes ago, DARIVS ARCHITECTVS said:

Chris, those boats you designed are absolutely spectacular.

Thank you very much! Jim has done a superb job in putting them together. And to think, a year ago he hadn't touched any wooden kit for years!

1 minute ago, Jim Rogers said:

Chris is Age of Sail going to carry your small boat line?

They do, they are my US distributors.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

10 hours ago, glbarlow said:

I agree, but isn’t that what this thread was becoming. Either way, I’m good. 

I did not want to start a discussion about Brexit. I only wanted to express my hope thant we can rely on you, Chris, in the near and distant future. Pinnace was ordered yesterday. I am eager to start.

Clark

Do not worry, Clark, you said/did absolutely nothing wrong! I also hope you can rely on me, as I am always investing in new designs and products. It seems I have very healthy sales outside the EU anyway.

Once I have a larger update (still in the 'Doldrums Stage' with Sphinx), I shall start a new topic. But for now, I am still plodding on with Sphinx, designs are around 90% there (I really do agonise over many parts as to the best way to design them, having the end user in mind when doing so..), and once done, the final prototype parts will be sent to Jim for the final building and manual shots. And as Jim does that, I then concentrate on drawing the plans (although mast and yard drawings are already done, needed to to get the correct dimensions for laser and PE mast and yard fittings, tops, trestle/cross-trees etc.)

So, I best crack on....

logo.jpg

22 hours ago, James H said:

I thought you were from Wickford, UK?

thats where i live. i come from Slovakia, part of former Czechoslovakia. thats why my options are still wide. all it takes is me actually visiting my family there.

Pavol stands for Paul, Pablo, Paolo etc. Please do not try to pronounce it, just call me Pav...

8 hours ago, Clark said:

I did not want to start a discussion about Brexit. 

oh not at all. is it not enough of it in the news already? besides, i hold too much respect towards Chris and his work to be biased. whatever his views.

OK, I never meant to plank the whole Sphinx hull, as this model will be thrown away once all the info I need has been taken from it. But couldn't help myself. this is a very quick planking job (a day), using scrap 1x4 Tanganyika instead of wasting the pear on a disposable hull - no filling, just a quick sand so I have a smooth (ish) surface for checking all parts that are to be fixed to it. I am happy with the hull lines, nice shape to plank, too.

79.JPG

80.JPG

76.JPG

logo.jpg

3 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

Wow. I would cry tears of joy if I could get a planking job that looked that good done in a day. 😑

That Tanganyika was much easier to use, but a lot of the planks have this mottled effect in them, making it look like those 'mottled' paint schemes I see on WW2 German aircraft in the North African theatre...

One thing I must stress, it is very important to mask off the finished engraved upper hull before sanding...

75.JPG

logo.jpg

1 hour ago, CTDavies said:

if a modeller wants it, he‘ll find a way to get it. 😆

i got myself a kit of La Gloire off of a shop i have only later discovered was based in the Oz. 400quid i paid for it. later got hit by another over 180quid in customs charges... paid it in a blink of an eye. that kit is so much cheaper now, but i dont care.

and the wife never found out...LOL

A prototype model  and gets tossed in the trash....  pity.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)