OK, Jim has just finished added the PE to the 64th scale Brodie Stove. This should be available for sale very soon. Included with this mini kit will be the 4 printed resin parts, 2 brass PE frets  (2 chains for spit, handles, chimney baffles and handles etc.) and wire. This will also be in the Indy kit (as it was designed for this kit in the first place)

The pic shows the very first printed stove, so isn't 100%, there are a few defects, but we wanted to try out the PE to double check the fit of everything.

Only the 64th scale stove will have the PE.

Brodie Stove – VANGUARD MODELS

In the meantime, I am still plodding on with Indy drawings....

Stove 1.png

Stove 2.png

Stove 3.png

stove 4.jpg

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

I forgot to mention this, but right now, there seems to be a world-wide copper shortage, or at least, thin copper sheet, as none of my suppliers of photo etched parts can get hold of this material. This is UK, Czech Republic and Italy.

This is a bit of a headache, as Speedy has the copper plates and Indy was going to have them too.

So, for the time being, I have no choice but to offer 6mm wide copper tape (which works very well, I am told) in lieu of the PE copper. Right now, I have absolutely no choice in this. This situation has not changed in the past 6 months.

The current Speedy stock still has the PE copper plates. but once that stock in gone, and I still cannot get the copper PE, that too will have to be copper tape.

logo.jpg

30 minutes ago, chris watton said:

Ind 93.jpg

Chris - now what is this?  Here am I painstakingly building a table and chairs to go in the cabin of my Sphinx. and here are you producing a beautiful resin set straight out of the Dockyard stores!  Is this going on sale?

Nipper

Current build:  HMS Sphinx 1775 - 1/64 - Vanguard Models

Completed build:  HM Cutter Alert 1777 - 1/64 - Vanguard Models

10 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Chris - now what is this?  Here am I painstakingly building a table and chairs to go in the cabin of my Sphinx. and here are you producing a beautiful resin set straight out of the Dockyard stores!  Is this going on sale?

Nipper

Just stuff I am toying with right now. But it's a good chance they will be for sale at some point soon.

logo.jpg

1 hour ago, uss frolick said:

What? No spoons and forks?

Love it!

Well, I gave your comment a laugh, but I'm also planning to place on the table a scaled down map of Charleston Harbour, a quill pen and inkpot, and a few books!  From the creative point of view, it's a lot of fun to do this alongside building Chris's lovely Sphinx.

Nipper

I'm not even building the model as I have about 300 others in the works, but when that figure/table/accoutrements goes on sale, I'd love to buy a copy.  I'm envisioning a little cabin scene diorama under glass that I can place under my monitor while I work. :)

Alan

7 hours ago, uss frolick said:

What? No spoons and forks?

Love it!

Nor trenchers either.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Damn, what a week!

Had a great day last Monday, working away and even working out in the gym. Tuesday, came down with Covid (had to be, as the only other times I experienced the same symptoms was immediately after having my Covid vax jabs)

So, I have been out of it the past week. I could not do anything except lie down and take anti-inflammatories and pain killers, feeling completely helpless, and lazy! My wife seems to have overcome it a lot quicker than me, with my throat hurting so much, with even a small cough feeling like 1000 glass shards in my throat - not my best week!

However, I am now over the worst (that or I have been popping too many drugs...), so will try to get back into it next week, as I have now lost a whole week to this....

logo.jpg

What has become of our generation!

Today it's covid, drugs and no rock'n roll.

Get well soon!

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I have now almost fully recovered from my Covid experience, I had two weeks wasted, couldn't do anything except moan and sleep!

Indy is still progressing (although I am now two weeks behind where I wanted to be with the drawings..).

For those who may be interested, I have commissioned a set of 6 cannon crew figures, followed by a ship's cook, as I do get asked about expanding the figure range.

I should also have cabin chairs and table available to buy soon.

logo.jpg

great news @chris watton

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

Hercules by Kevin - OcCre - 1/50 - Tugboat - Finished - May 2024

Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Glad you have recovered Chris, and I trust that you won't have any long term effects.

That's great news about the new figures!  I know that you personally prefer not to have figures on models, but for those of us who do, there is a shortage of quality 1/64 figures for the late 18th century period.  So I am really pleased that you are continuing to expand your range. and I'm also delighted that after tempting us with the cabin furniture, these are now going into production!

Nipper

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ian_Grant said:

Looks amazing Chris, but many novels have the men tying their neckerchiefs over their ears for some protection.......I must admit though that they would not look as good............

They're just practising, captain's a tight ar*e and didn't allow the use of gunpowder or live rounds. By AO....

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg

I still want to see a figure with a swab and another on his hands and knees holystoning the deck !

Current Build: Fair American - Model Shipways

Awaiting Parts - Rattlesnake

On the Shelf - English Pinnace

18Th Century Longboat

I stand firmly against piracy!

12 minutes ago, Oldsalt1950 said:

I still want to see a figure with a swab and another on his hands and knees holystoning the deck !

I haven't any plans for that, but I have given the carver portraits of sailors in two poses, plus a Royal Marines private and officer. (Circa 1795).

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg

5 minutes ago, chris watton said:

I haven't any plans for that, but I have given the carver portraits of sailors in two poses, plus a Royal Marines private and officer. 

Chris - it's getting better and better!  Only one thing missing now - a captain in 1770/80s uniform.  Your Pellew and Hornblower look superb, but rather difficult to bash into officers for Sphinx.

Now all your followers will be clamouring for their favourite figures!!

Nipper

2 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Chris - it's getting better and better!  Only one thing missing now - a captain in 1770/80s uniform.  Your Pellew and Hornblower look superb, but rather difficult to bash into officers for Sphinx.

Now all your followers will be clamouring for their favourite figures!!

Nipper

Will probably do that for Atalanta, I have more than exhausted my budget for figures this year..

Oh, meant to say, I have 2 Speedy kits left in stock. After these are gone, I have no more main hull photo etched copper plates for the kits.

What I will do, once these two kits are gone, is lower the price slightly and include copper tape for the next batch of kits. Thin copper sheet seems nigh on impossible to source right now, which is a real pain...

logo.jpg

Hi Chris,

will you offer your gun crew also in scale 1/48? The 3D model of them is looking great. I am really intersted in them. Further sailors and officers of the period of the American Wars of Revolution will be a nice add on. 

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

13 minutes ago, AnobiumPunctatum said:

Hi Chris,

will you offer your gun crew also in scale 1/48? The 3D model of them is looking great. I am really intersted in them. Further sailors and officers of the period of the American Wars of Revolution will be a nice add on. 

Hi Christian,

Yes, I will offer the sets in 72nd, 64th and 48th.

logo.jpg

OK, I had my cannon crew print files arrive yesterday, and on Friday, I just so happened to receive my brand new 8k 3d printer (my other two are 4k resolution). These are the first files I printed.

The most pics show the 64th scale crew with an Indy 24 pounder gun. There are also shots of the 48th versions.

These will be on my website soon.

Oh, also, I asked for bases for each as I prefer to attach the majority of the supports to these, rather than the figures themselves, as much as possible.

Cannon crew 1.jpg

Cannon crew 2.jpg

Cannon crew 3.jpg

Cannon crew 4.jpg

Cannon crew 5.jpg

Cannon crew 6.jpg

logo.jpg

They are looking much better than as your 3d model.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Also have a little set of cabin furniture available:

Cabin furniture – VANGUARD MODELS

Over the next 2 to three weeks, I should also be able to offer a ships cook, two sailors in poses and a Royal Marine officer and private - and that's it!

logo.jpg