How Do You Add Links to Your Build Logs Under Your Signature

I would like to add a link to my build log under my signature but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Many forum members have links that look like this, for example: Medway Longboat and all you have to do is click on it and it takes you to their build log. Thanks very much.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Under the drop down tab at your user name select account settings then the tab named signature.  

A text box opens up and you can add whatever signature you want.  

Highlight the text you want to link and proceed as normal to link the specific page.

Hey, Bob. Next to your username in the upper right corner is a drop-down menu. Click the "account settings" options, then look for "signature" in the left-hand side bar menu. That's where you can edit your signature. Please note that our guidelines suggest a limit of four lines of text in signatures (which, obviously, a lot of members have forgotten or overlooked).

Cheers!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Thanks Michael and Chris. I got it! I was getting tripped up because I couldn't get my build log link to open while in I was in the signature set up box. Of course, since I hadn't saved the changes to my signature yet...well, of course, it wouldn't be active yet....duh!! 🥴

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

I'm going to pin this.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, MEDDO said:

Under the drop down tab at your user name select account settings then the tab named signature.  

A text box opens up and you can add whatever signature you want.  

Highlight the text you want to link and proceed as normal to link the specific page.

Thanks. Just what I was looking for.

Current Build: San Francisco (original) - Artesania Latina

Completed: 

Longboat 18th Century (MS1457) - Model Shipways

Bluenose II - Billings

Sorry but I'm not getting it. I understand how to use the settings to modify my signature but I can't figure out how to link to one of my build logs - the guidance above just says to "proceed as normal to link the specific page". How do I do that?

Thanks

Tim

Current build: Continental Navy Frigate ALFRED (build log)                      

Past builds:     Steam Tug SEGUIN (build log in the kits 1850-1900 section)       

Liberty Ship SS Stephen Hopkins (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Basilone (DD-824) (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Olympia (Gallery)

USS Kirk (FF-1087) (Gallery & Build Log)

Thanks!!!

Tim

Current build: Continental Navy Frigate ALFRED (build log)                      

Past builds:     Steam Tug SEGUIN (build log in the kits 1850-1900 section)       

Liberty Ship SS Stephen Hopkins (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Basilone (DD-824) (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Olympia (Gallery)

USS Kirk (FF-1087) (Gallery & Build Log)

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys but I’m new at starting a building log and I just can’t find the way to do it.

I been working with the new Mamoli Roter Lowe 1/55 and I would like to share my experience and receive criticism from the pro's.

Can someone guide me please.

Thank You

Bluebeard

The 2nd and 3rd posts are the instructions.  Do what's in post #3 first as it will get you to the right place, then follow post #2.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 7 months later...

Still trying to do this but still confused on Mark's post.

On 9/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, mtaylor said:

then follow post #2

This is from post #2:

On 3/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, MEDDO said:

Highlight the text you want to link and proceed as normal to link the specific page

What does "proceed as normal to link the specific page" mean?  One member posted this and all I see is that James posted this?

On 6/25/2020 at 1:54 PM, James H said:

Added for you

Is there something that James flipped in his profile?  I use Chrome.  I see MS has shown that there is a "Link" option for Edge,  Is that related to the solution?

Thanks...John

.John

Current Build: Lady Nelson

Next up: Speedy (Vanguard Models)

To put a webpage link into your post you:

1  type what you want for example

Check out our club Shipwrights of Ohio

2  highlight the words you want to link

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.b53ec11ab6e940481e9091c2737967ef.jpeg

3  goto the tool bar at the top of the post and select the icon that looks like 2 links of a chain

IMG_2342.thumb.jpeg.d14299b90dc4bbd402dd9b40732f23a8.jpeg

4  after you highlight the word and then hit the link (chain icon) you get a pop up

IMG_2343.thumb.jpeg.29718130f7f180897e6a72187723501d.jpeg

5  now copy/paste your webpage url into the space

IMG_2344.thumb.jpeg.42e5fedebf719ad63b993e30b946ffd5.jpeg

6  then hit the button insert into post

7 now your post (and/or signature block) should have those words underlined and you will see the weblink if you hover over it.

Check out our club Shipwrights of Ohio

Michael,

I want to setup this link in my signature.  This works if you are replying to a post.  But in the signature setting page, the "chain" icon does not appear.  Follow you instructions to see where I'm screwing up.

I'm disappointed that I keep failing to  get this figured out.  I spent 45 years it IT and know how to work around operating systems and mainstream apps.  Help me out here, buddy.

John

.John

Current Build: Lady Nelson

Next up: Speedy (Vanguard Models)

Hmmm... if I go to my icon at the top of the page (on a PC).. tap the little down arrow, I can pick "Settings".   Inside of Settings on the left side is "Signature" which looks like the pic below.  I've circled the chain icon which is in a different place than then in reply to a post.  Clicking the "chain" opens a pop-up for you to enter the URL of the link and the link name.

Capture.JPG.07b64ad5d57db08a60c3dbeea34da267.JPG

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

hmm not sure.  It seems to be there on my page.

(btw I am using Safari on a iMac, not sure how to do it on other browsers)

IMG_2346.thumb.jpeg.6661bebe97ee5b7e9fb0fda64ea0edda.jpeg

I get the same screen in the signature area on my Windows 10 system using Firefox.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

• 3 weeks later...

Lynn, Go to your build log and copy the web address of your build log.  Then go to your profile and in your signature area, highlight the name of your model and go to the link icon (looks like a chain link, see Michael's post #14 above).  This will open up another window where you will paste the web address of your build log.  After pasting the web address, hit save.  Your model name will be underlined in your signature showing that the link is active.  You can highlight the model name and select the font color you want.  I added your model link for you as I wanted to give you the correct steps.  It has been a long time since I have added a model to my signature.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

• 1 year later...

I've attempted to add past and current build links to my signature but screwed up... how do I go about deleting it?, I do not see an option. Just looking for a simple link without pictures, any help would be much appreciated.

Michael D.

Ryland's (#21 above) serves as an excellent method.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

Robert I saw that after the fact, when I enable show signatures in account settings this is what I have in my signature now and want to delete it and just show a simple link not a couple of billboards...lol.

Michael D.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, eurekapaul said:

Is signature not available? I've looked at both my Profile and Setting pages.

I have a very dim recollection that this might be a browser issue, but someone else will need to confirm that for me.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

I am not sure if it can be accessed from a mobile device.  May require a laptop. I also think there is a minimum number of posts required before you can edit the signature.  10 or 25 I think.  

Completed Build:   HMS Beagle - Occre

Current Build:         Frigate Diana - Occre  https://modelshipworld.com/topic/33530-frigate-diana-by-rossr-occre-185/

On the Shelf:           Santisima Trinidad Cross Section - Occre, NRG Half Hull, the US Brig Syren - Model Shipways and USF Essex - Model Shipways.