2023 Donations drive

Hi all,

MSW will ALWAYS be free to use for all members, but this ship still needs a few £/$/€ etc. to keep afloat. We generally try to do this via our sponsor banners, but we also still rely on the generosity of our membership to help us with costs. We operate a dedicated server for this site, which isn't an insubstantial cost, plus the various other things we need, such as our domain names, anti spam and proxy firewall. It adds up to a pretty penny. 

I know the old adage of 'if every member donated $1 etc' goes without saying, but we're realistic!

Times are harder for many folk at the moment with the way things are with global economics etc. but if you do want to, or have considered throwing a few $ our way, then I guarantee it will be very much appreciated. It all helps keep this wonderful and info-packed community afloat and preserves our valuable resource for years to come. 

Should you wish to donate, then we have a tool on the forum home page sidebar. 

Kind regards,

MSW/NRG staff

Hi Mary,

I clicked on these but it just goes back to this string.  

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Allen,

To actually donate, you have to go to the home page and click on the donation link.  The link I listed takes you to Jim Hatches' plea for funding.  I thought that people might like to know more about why MSW needs funds before they give.  It literally costs thousands of dollars to run this site and this year we have only been receiving a total of $50 a month from donors (and it's the same 3 or 4 donors that are giving each month!).  It would be nice if other people pitched in.  I know times are hard right now, but surely people can spare $5 to support this great modeling forum!  We're not asking anyone to give a lot (if you would like to, though, we won't turn you down), but if everyone gives a little bit, that would help.

Mary

Mary Van Dahm

2 minutes ago, TBlack said:

My only comment is that the site won’t let you give more than $100.

I wonder why.  Maybe it's a PayPal thing to make sure we aren't scamming people.

I guess if anyone wants to give more than $100, they could make two separate transactions, or call our office and pay by credit card.

BTW, Tom, Thank you for your very generous donation!  I will be working on receipts and CAMM passes later tonight.

Mary

Mary Van Dahm

7 minutes ago, TBlack said:

My only comment is that the site won’t let you give more than $100.

You are right.  There should be a way of typing in a unique amount like a lot of restaurant machines now have.   

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Did my contribution to MSW, now time for NRG as well.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

5 hours ago, NRG Office Manager said:

Allan - Thank you so much for your generous donation!

You'll be getting a CAMM pass from me as well!

My pleasure.🙂  The MSW site has brought me MANY hours of pleasure and the donation is the very least I could do.   The Admiral told me that based on the amount of time I spend on the site (and out of her space) that I should not cheap out.  Thanks for the CAMM pass.  I will do my best to get to at least a couple of the museums, including the one in Bradenton which is on our way to Tampa in October when we are going up to see Aerosmith on their last concert tour.  Good times!!!!  

Allan

I tried to make a donation through all the channels and then get this screen message:

image.jpeg.7edbe7f36822963058b356d483cf9d98.jpeg

Then I wonder if my donation has been processed after all - details were taken. I'm very confused...

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

The payment did not go through, but I don't know why.  We've never had anyone get that message before, but I don't think we've had anyone make a donation from New Zealand before.  Or if they tried and got this message, they didn't tell us.  If you were paying by credit card through PayPal and not through a regular PayPal account, it could be that your credit card is blocking you from making the transaction.  I know that one of my credit cards will not let me make any non-US transactions - and that is my business card!!  Very frustrating.  I would suggest contacting PayPal and asking them about it.  Since you are the sender, you have to initiate the contact with them.  If you want to try paying by credit card, instead of PayPal, you can use the donation link on the NRG site, which takes credit cards.  Make a notation with the payment that it is for MSW and I will record it accordingly.  To pay through the NRG donation link, go to https://thenrg.org/about/donate

Mary Van Dahm

Wiki was in your face - big section saying they needed donations.

TBH I didn’t see the green strap line, too easy to overlook.

Cheers
Craig 

Current Build

HMS Indefatigable 

Erycina - Vanguard Models

Finished: HM Bomb Vessel Granado - Caldercraft, HMS Pegasus - Victory models, Nisha - Vanguard Models

Just sent in a donation - money well spent to support MSW!

Melissa T.

Current Build: 85' ARB Scratch build, 1:32 scale

Completed: Gunboat Philadelphia - Model Shipways, Statenjacht - Kolderstok, Swampscott Dory - BlueJacket ShipCrafters

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

I'm in. Many thanks to all the NRG & MSW staff and administrators for making this a world class model ship forum and keeping it running smoothly!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild