dafi

HMS Victory by dafi - Heller - PLASTIC - To Victory and beyond ...

Hi Daniel, I want to thank you for looking in on my build log of the HMS Victory. Some how I missed your post, it was not intensial fore sure, for this I am sorry. Love what you have done with your build of the HMS Victory, I have visited your sight many times and often wondered how you come up with all your great ideas. I have been think of adding a few of these to my log if that is ok with you.

Regards  canoe21   Lawrence

Daniel,  As always, love your build log and always learning from it. I thought the following photo was interesting.  Making chain plates for the restoration of the Charles W. Morgan (Whaling Ship) at Mystic Seaport, Conn.post-68-0-42774700-1369611757_thumb.jpg

Thank you Lawrence and Gil!

I love the "very serious" bending jig :-)

Thank you for posting!

Here is my "very toyful" jig

640_victory-wanten_9433.JPG

Lieber Gruß, Daniel

Edited by dafi

After my small sidekick ...

... a quick return to my main project as the cap-squares arrived yesterday :-)

etch_victory_gun_7772.jpg

Immediately build the template ...

etch_victory_gun_7670.jpg

... and assembled :-)

etch_victory_gun_7727.jpg

Also the gunlocks ...

etch_victory_gun_7730.jpg

... almost to small to be pictured, but still managed to fix them easily by using the sprue to be inserted in a hole underneath.

So mission accomplished, the guns are completed :-)

etch_victory_gun_7710.jpg

etch_victory_gun_7706.jpg

etch_victory_gun_7703.jpg

And with ease I managed to triple the number of parts for each gun from 7 to 21 ...

Hurray

Best regards, sincerily, Daniel

Daniel,

Amazing amount of detail you've put into those canons, they look great. Can't wait to see what they look like fully rigged.

David

Hi Daniel

I just checker in on your build and was very surprised at the detail and the great work man ship that you have applied to your cannons, keep up the good work.

Regards   Lawrence

Gun completed....?

That's what you sais last year, after doing quit a bit of rope;making and rigging,and before you discovered PE....

I'm wondering: what will be the next thing you discover to enhance your already perfect guns....?

casting bronze in scale 1:100? functioning flintlocks?

Jan

... functioning flintlocks ...

... ?!? ...

...hmmmm...

When I was in Austria start of this year I had the great honor in meeting with Willi Meischl, wunderful modelmaker and weapon collector. He showed me an english marine trombone with working flints. I did not miss the chance and got a nice shot of it while flashing with both states: Arm back and the small cover protecting the powder closed and arm in front with the cover swung open and the egnition.

Fascinating as agood friend of mine would say ;-)

800_victory-flintlock_6019.jpg

Thanks Jan and Popeye!, Daniel

PS: Here is a link to Wiilis page

http://www.schifferlbauer.at/seite64.html

and his York

http://www.schifferlbauer.at/seite16.html

Edited by dafi

Here we went on in the lower deck, getting tighter ...

...first table dummies ...

800_Victory_7847.jpg

... followed by some real model making ...

800_Victory_7849.jpg

... first sitting trials ...

800_Victory_7851.jpg

... and tight we go.

800_Victory_7865.jpg

800_Victory_7868.jpg

800_Victory_7867.jpg

bom apetite! 

XXXDAn

'bom apetite"?

There's nothing on my plate!!!

Cook has to come yet. I presume? :P  ;)

Jan

Edited by amateur

Daniel,

The way you add figures to your model brings so much life to it. Amazing and superb work. As Popeye said, the combination of your imagination and your talent is something quite special. But please Sir, may we have a little food on our plates! :P

Just love it Daniel,absolutely brilliant.

ps. Grant, what do you think this is table service, nominate a messmate to collect the rations from the Galley, or else you'll all go hungry :P  :D

B.E.

Love this thread..

Makes my 1:64 scale effort look positively bereft of detail!

But at the same time it shows people what could be done.  Of course at 1:64 it would be a little easier ;)

I suggest that Dafi will also do a 'cleared for action' version of Vic.

Same man but ready for battle.

Next there will be a version 'Vic by night', all men in their hammocks (apart from the men of the watch, that is)

Jan

... these ones?!?

post-182-0-59373900-1371232200_thumb.jpg

...hihihihihi....

Thank you Sirs, but cleared for action is the most boring one in my opinion - just guns and their equipment, everything else stripped ...

...boooooring ;-)

Daniel

Daniel,

It just gets better and better,absolutely brilliant work. I fully expect that you will be making scale Georgian Furniture for the Great Cabin when you get to that part of your build. Keep up the good work :cheers:

Dave :dancetl6:

Thank you all :-)

@Popeye: I do not know of racks in between the guns as this would interfere with the handling. As far as I know, extra shot was kept in nets/tarpaulins in the ships center line.

Daniel

Why do I have a suspicion that there's some cups of beer, some ship's biscuit, and salt beef in the crew's near future? :o   As always, Daniel, your research aind investigation into how things worked and looked has paid off well.