IJN Isuzu 1945 by RGL - FINISHED - Aoshima - 1/350 - PLASTIC - Light Cruiser

glad to see your recovering nicely........quite a surgery you had.   even with all that went on.......and still produce some stellar updates.  she's looking really top notch!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Great to hear all went well Greg; some great updates, she is looking well and truly the worn and torn battle hardened unit now :)

cheers

Pat 

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

What's taking you so long, mate? A mere 240 <swallow> I've got a few more to go on the beast. I try not to think about it. Haven't been able to do anything on it. "Summer time, when the living is easy" as Porgy from Bess sang, well he certainly didn't have a modern garden, digging a pool, getting plants, tending after the vegetables, (re)paving the terras, and the usual menial tasks to perform besides the standard chores ...

She does look a tadd beaten up, and in low maintenance due to lack of time in harbour. You've given her a very nice "touch", a lovely make up job. Looking at the railing you did on Yamato, this will be a walk in the park.

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Unfortunately the Tamiya Yamato was designed for individual stanchions with dimples where you drilled, no such luck on Isuzu. Still a pain in the butt to do and I can't go back to PE railing now. 

Enjoy the outdoors, it's winter here and nothing grows. 

I intentionally flogged her to death with weathering to try all the techniques as no one else seems to want to go so far. 

Greg

I would say death by weathering, an Aussie story. Did you use an awl to mark the spot where you needed to drill? That's what I do on soft materials ... I know I'm somewhat late with it, but you didn't tell me about the missing stanchion dimples

Carl

Flags ... the persons ... thought them to be at Yamato along side.

You still have a ways to go then.

I'm setting up a workbench for spraying. Rainy days at last, so no garden chores. Nearly finished so I can pull out the airbrushes and start priming and painting for real.

Carl

she's look'in really sweet Greg! :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

A small masterpiece, Greg.  I'm still amazed at the amount of detail you pack into these ships.  Congratulations on a great build.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Stunning detailing Greg, and a great addition to your rapidly expanding fleet - I feel positively slow compared to your rate of building :)

Impressive model.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Greg,

I'm only missing the video's but another masterclass on building plastic with PE. She looks good next to her giant sistah. Again an impressive, astonishing, and unexpected fast build! Grab a beer and enjoy the view. You can send me the bill for the beer

"Um, finished. I really don't think I can add anymore detail."

Hmmm, you could add the crew ... but that would be a rather minor detail, and she would be put aside from the rest of your "home" fleet

You tought yourself airbrushing quite quickly too, and seem very much at easy with your airbrush on this second model. <ovation>

Carl