Trabakul by donrobinson - FINISHED - MarisStella - 1:32 scale

Don, I really...really...very much...like this build.

It's not a ship of the line...a more humble vessel...and so it's perhaps sailing under the radar (that makes sense?), but, boy oh boy...it's a beauty!

May I ask? what type of varnish did you use? semi-gloss? It looks wonderful.

Robin :)     

WIP: No ships atm...sorry!🙄

Completed: Greek bireme - Dusek - scale 1:72

Louie da fly: "I think it requires a special kind of insanity to choose a galley to build a model of."

Thanks Robin, the finish I use is satin wipe on poly. MarisStella has a few "under the radar" kits big and small, they are real fine quality kits.

Right on with your comment about the fore & aft rigging and sails. It really gives one a shot at the whole she-bang and if you have to redo something it's not a terrible thing. Keep the pix coming Don.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Excellent work don  really tidy and so comprehensive.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Beautiful work Don, very detailed.  It's a pleasure going through your log.

Robert

Thanks Mike, OC and Robert your comments are all very encouraging to me

Don, the sails add a very nice look! Great job!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Beautiful work on the sails. Terrific pictures. Going in my 'tutorial section' :)

Jean-Philippe (JP)

Current build: SyrenRattlesnake (Scratch built)

:dancetl6:Please visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel

On Hold: MayflowerHMS Victory Cross Section
Completed:   Armed Virginia Sloop, Viking ship,  The Flyer, Pilot BoatKrabbenkutterMarie-JeanneSloup, The Smasher

Hi Don,

Very beautiful job on this interesting model!

David

Current Build - St. Roch, Billing Boats; HMS Agamemnon, Caldercraft (on hold)

Previous Builds - Armed Virginia Sloop, Model Shipways; Constitution, Model Shipways; Rattlesnake, Mamoli; Virginia Privateer, Marine Model Co, restoration; Prince de Neufchatel, Model Shipways; Charles W. Morgan, Model Shipways; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways, Bluenose, Model Shipways (x2); Niagara, Model Shipways; Mayfower, Model Shipways; Shamrock V, Amati; HMS Pegasus, Victory/Amati

Elijah, Jean-Philippe and David, Thanks so much guys. I currently have the fore sail on and am just finishing belaying the remaining lines. The end is close, very close:)

The day has finally arrived, my Trabakul is complete!! Thanks to all for following along, for all the likes and the great comments it was all very much appreciated. I would also like to thank Zoran at MarisStella for all his support and help and of course for producing this fantastic kit. Although, not an easy build, I would recommend this kit not only for the challenges you will face but also for the high quality of material and contents. So anyway here she is:

IMG_2837.thumb.jpg.f0c097eafbb4547241945e213d033df4.jpgIMG_2835.thumb.jpg.da5dfbded475206773fa90d1c43389f9.jpgIMG_2834.thumb.jpg.b4c6e9b819b14104a141bf0e8fdbed23.jpgIMG_2833.thumb.jpg.e15fa870918dc23a8191e8e8ce7d1eca.jpgIMG_2832.thumb.jpg.ca46ff7e6aa8c386a6d9dbd3f630dc54.jpgIMG_2830.thumb.jpg.972bd00b51e9c9fe29afbd9f7186f71b.jpgIMG_2829.thumb.jpg.48d4c5f2ae18b6721c95171e417c308d.jpgIMG_2799.thumb.jpg.023e2f02f01b3042f9b25e8a2833bc87.jpgIMG_2796.thumb.jpg.a119461ecc0b0b9c343f807288402ee9.jpgIMG_2795.thumb.jpg.f9e405352615790d1ae9326a4bb28ee5.jpgIMG_2781.jpg.7b15bd52cae390711ae5fd7af6b16cfb.jpgIMG_2779.thumb.jpg.35cebdc1ad7e68ed9d8b3672a0f24589.jpgIMG_2840.thumb.jpg.fcf7aebc1ae345636f423c4156dc3d26.jpgIMG_2786.thumb.jpg.a5841ed353c285ec88341f8200e39d58.jpgIMG_2798.thumb.jpg.30cfd54996cf280b8cf4f398e30f3a80.jpg  That's it and I really hope everyone enjoyed and I hope to see you over at my Stefano build

Have A Good Weekend and do think of those we have lost at war as tomorrow is "Remembrance Day" in Canada 

Wow, very nice! She looks fantastic! Are you going to make or buy a display case for her?

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Magnifique !!

She is a beauty!

Jean-Philippe (JP)

Current build: SyrenRattlesnake (Scratch built)

:dancetl6:Please visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel

On Hold: MayflowerHMS Victory Cross Section
Completed:   Armed Virginia Sloop, Viking ship,  The Flyer, Pilot BoatKrabbenkutterMarie-JeanneSloup, The Smasher

Fabulous job Don! She's a beauty to behold. Thanks again for the tutelage on my own project which benefitted tremendously from your build and wisdom.

Lest we forget...the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

Ian

Edited by Seventynet

Beautifully done Don!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

One more time...... GREAT JOB!!!!!!! Don...It's a beautiful build...Hit that liquor cabinet again!!  :D

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Congratulations on completing an outstanding model.  The workmanship is excellent and I will continue to use your blog while building my next model.

Great job.

Ken

NO PIRACY 4 ME! (SUPPORTING CHUCKS' IDEA)

Current Build:  

Washington 1776 Galley

Pilot Boat Mary of Norfolk

Completed Builds:

Continental Boat Providence   (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Continental Ship Independence  (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Rattlesnake   (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Armed Virginia Sloop  (from Completed Gallery)

Fair American (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build Log)

MemberShip Model Society of New Jersey

Nautical Research Guild

Awesome work Don. Hearty congratulations!

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

This is really turned out to be such a lovely model, Don.  Congrats on a superlative job!

If you don't mind, can you please re-state what it is you are using for your decking material - it looks fantastic!

Edited by Hubac'sHistorian

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

Beautiful!

David

Current Build - St. Roch, Billing Boats; HMS Agamemnon, Caldercraft (on hold)

Previous Builds - Armed Virginia Sloop, Model Shipways; Constitution, Model Shipways; Rattlesnake, Mamoli; Virginia Privateer, Marine Model Co, restoration; Prince de Neufchatel, Model Shipways; Charles W. Morgan, Model Shipways; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways, Bluenose, Model Shipways (x2); Niagara, Model Shipways; Mayfower, Model Shipways; Shamrock V, Amati; HMS Pegasus, Victory/Amati

Don:

Congratulations on a beautiful model. The details are very nice, but I also like the mixture of paint and natural finishes. Wonderful job.

Russ

she looks fabulous Don!.......truly a work of art ;)    congratz on a ship well done!  :)  have you decided on your next project?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch