MSW

Kit Manufacturer Links

Looking for something new to build, but don't know where to start looking? Relax -- we got this for you! Below is a list of manufacturers of wooden model boat/ship kits. Clicking a name will take you to the manufacturer's web site, where you can browse what each is currently offering. This list is current as of 22 July 2018 and will be periodically updated. Don't see your favorite kit maker listed here? Send a PM to one of the mods, and we'll check it out. Don't see your favorite Chinese manufacturer listed here? Then you probably haven't read this post (but please take the time to do so). If you don't see a short description, that means that the manufacturer is one of the better-known companies whose offerings cover a wide range of building methods, skill levels, vessel types, or all of the above. Enjoy!

A J Fisher (USA) -- solid-hull kits of early American sailing craft
Amati/Victory Models (Italy)
Artesania Latina (Spain)
Billing Boats (Denmark) -- extensive RC line in addition to static kits
Bluejacket Shipcrafters (USA)
Caldercraft (UK) -- produces the popular Nelson's Navy line of kits

CCV (Italy) -- classic Mediterranean work boats

Chesapeake Light Craft (USA) -- offers several models based on their full-size boat kits
Corel (Italy)
Constructo (Spain)

De Agostini (USA) -- serial parts work kits

Dumas (USA) -- known primarily for their RC offerings

Dusek (Czech Republic)
Euromodel   (Italy)

GK Modellbau (Germany) -- small craft models based on the Kammerlander planking technique

Graupner (Germany) -- known primarily for their RC offerings

Kolderstok (Holland) -- Dutch vessels from the Golden Age of sail

Hachette-Fascicoli (Italy) -- serial parts work kits
Lumberyard (USA) -- best known for timbering sets for Hahn-style models
Mantua/Panart/Sergal (Italy)
Mamoli (see Dusek)

MarisStella (Croatia) -- many Adriatic Sea sailing work boats

Master Korabel (Russia) -- Russian period vessels
Model Shipways (USA) -- including the designs from Syren Ship Model Company

Modellers Shipyard (Australia) -- models of Australia's First Fleet vessels

Navarino Models (Greece) -- ancient and traditional Greek warships and work boats
OcCre (Spain)

Ship Model Okumoto (Japan) -- fully framed models
Soclaine (France) -- French sailing warships and work boats

Syren Model Ship Company (USA) -- Only two kits as of yet, designed for the experienced modeller.

Turk Model (Turkey) -- Turkish vessels

Woody Joe (Japan) -- traditional Japanese work boats in addition to period sailing vessels
Wye River Models (USA) -- Chesapeake Bay work boats

Should point out before anyone gets alarmed that the above list shows only companies that are still doing business in model ships/boats, hence no Midwest Products, Freedomsong Boat Works, Laughing Whale, Scientific, Dikar, Steingraeber, etc.

I would add these,

Kolderstok from Holland 

And Hachette Fascicoli from Italy 

Plus Falkonet from Russia. 

Also Chris Craft. USA.  

EDIT FROM MSW: Done! The Chris Craft site was for finished models.

Folks, please don't post links in this thread. Send them to a moderator so that we can check them out first. Thank you!

This is very useful topic. We had long list of forbidden kit makers. We did not have a list of good ones. A question to moderators. Could you pin this topic on most visible board of the forum?

I have removed Falconet for now.....I am in discussion with other legit MFGs who are telling me that these guys are dirty and have ripped off many of their designs etc.  So for now,  they are off the list.  I am also hearing from other Russiam builders the same is probably true.

So for now....be very leary.

If I may offer a suggestion, it may be an idea to combine this great list, with the current list of banned manufacturers (no links for those ones, obviously), along with the reasons why those manufacturers have been banned (I want to call it Chuck's manifesto, but he's dead right, and we should all follow his sage advice!). And perhaps also, it should be considered that every so many weeks, any extraneous conversation is deleted from this particular thread (ie when a suggestion for an addition, or perhaps a deletion, has been verified and added). These lists should be pinned and available for immediate reference by anyone. Having to wade through pages of conversations (forwards of backwards) dulls the message. Not saying there shouldn't be discussion, but there should be a separate arena for it.

Andy

3 hours ago, ragove said:

Does Master Korabel have an English language site?

They don't that I can find.

If you us Chrome, you'll get a pop-up window that asks if you want the page translated.

For IE and Firefox, copy the URL and then open Google.   Right hand side of the Google welcome screen, there's a 9 squares forming a box. 

Click on it and pick traslate.   Paste the URL into the left translate window and it will translate the page. 

I have looked for a translate button on safari on my iPad and don’t see it. I’ll have to look harder or open the laptop.😁 where I have firefox

12 hours ago, mtaylor said:

They don't that I can find.

If you us Chrome, you'll get a pop-up window that asks if you want the page translated.

For IE and Firefox, copy the URL and then open Google.   Right hand side of the Google welcome screen, there's a 9 squares forming a box. 

Click on it and pick traslate.   Paste the URL into the left translate window and it will translate the page. 

thanks again. Just pulled out the laptop/Firefox and have a nice translated version of the site. i am traveling in a smallish trailer so tend to use the IPad.  Seems there a times when lappy is better.

I have both Safari and Chrome on my iPhone

Safari doesn't offer translate, at least not where I can find it.

Opened the Russian site in Chrome, and got a pop-up that offered to translate it - and it worked, too.