HMS Pegasus by Mirabell61 - 1776-1777 - scale 1:64 - 16 gun - Finished

and here the second lot of the final pictures......

post-3445-0-63132000-1450465176_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-47585100-1450465181_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-36809400-1450465184_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-49975700-1450465186_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-39054200-1450465189_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-80537000-1450465191_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-02422200-1450465195_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-46830900-1450465197_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-93158900-1450465199_thumb.jpg

post-3445-0-29327900-1450465202_thumb.jpg

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Fantastic, Nils! Can you sneak one of those little guys into the hold so people can see how cramped it really was?

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Congrats my friend for completing this beautiful ship!! She is a piece of art!! :) :)

Kind Regards

Dimitris

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

Fantastic Nils!

I am almost positive the Pegasus is going to be my next build - following a brief hiatus to build the Artesania Latina Stage Coach.

post-1158-0-09644300-1450469499_thumb.png

And I guarantee your build will be close on tap for reference!

- Bug

Edited by Moonbug

Congrats, Nils, from deep of my heart. And salute to master!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Congrats Nils on completing this most excellent build.  Very impressive with all the sails set.  

I really enjoyed the visits to your shipyard.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Beautiful and well-manned, Nils.  The bar is set very here by this.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you all so much for your congrats and appreciative words to the completion of my build, - Greg  - Mark (Tiedens) - Dimitris - Boyd - Bug - Nenad - Bob (Rafine) - Crackers - Patrick - Druxey - Piet - Mark (Taylor)

an all the many "likes"

A happy Christmas time to all my fellow modelers, much fun and success with this fine Hobby and your projects, and the best wishes for the coming new year....

Greg,

a good idea, Ì`ve tried it allready but the figurines mostly slipped out out the tweezers grip, and fell into the hold somewhere..., well think another try should be worth it...

Initially I wanted to do a sitting Group (ship`s officers) in the great cabin, but could`nt find suitable figurines

Mark (Tiedens)

thanks for your nice words...

Dimitris,

I`m glad you like the results of this "Swan Class"

Boyd,

kind comment, thanks very much...

Bug,

would love to see another Pegasus being built in your shipyard, allthough that stage Coach also Looks very interesting

Nenad,

thanks for those nice words, glad you enjoyed the build

Bob (Rafine)

thank you very much Bob, I can return the compliment to your "Cheerful" build and for the completed "Essex"

Crackers,

your Kind words are always much appreciated, many thanks

Patrick,

thank you very much, and a happy Christmas time, and new year to you and your family

Druxey,

Thank you very much for your word, and season`s greetings to you as well as a most relaxing and enjoyable Christmas time

Piet,

many thanks for words , and for dropping in regulary, glad you enjoyed the ride

Mark (Taylor)

nice comment , thanks very much, it`s hard to believe that the actual ship was carrying over hundred persons, here shown only a fraction of those "crowds"

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Congratulations on finishing a true masterpiece!

I love your steamer and I wonder if you would consider to combine all your knowledge and talents to build a combined steam-sail ship, something like the Great Eastern? OK, she's huge but e.g. Great Britain would be manageable...

Anyhow...

schöne Festtage!

peter

Thank you Peter,

yes, not a bad idea, I`ve been thinking of that before already, perhaps sided paddle wheels, but first the concentration carries on for the KWdG, which will take a lot of time....

Wishing you much fun with "Pickles" Progress and a good Christmas season to you as well.... :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Well done, a beautiful boat,

congratulations on your completion

Richard

Thank you very much Richard,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Dankeschön Dirk,

I much appreciate your comment..

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Oh what a beautiful ship.  You've really done yourself proud.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

A real nice comment Bob,

thank you very much,....

and I`m happy that non of the intended details needed to be given up along the way. I have the complete rigging in polyester thread, hoping that this may not be a disadvantage versa Cotton based thread, due to ultraviolet radiation by sunlight over the years

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Crackers,

thanks for this Input, (beeswax)  I did`nt know that before in order to prevent radiation weakening dammage, and will Keep it in mind. now`s too late for my rigging anyhow....

The main reason I use Polyester thread is, the "dead material" dos`nt sag and by thinning out the Ends per gastourch when fiddeling into the block`s sheaveholes I have given up that fiddeling- in procedure with ordenary cotton thread.

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Nils,  What a stunning project your "Pegasus" turned out to be.  Thanks for letting us tag along.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

thank you very much Steve,

you`re allways welcome, glad you like the build....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

You did a fantastic job Nils.  To bad you do not live near WI.  I would love to see your Pegasus at Manitowoc. 

David B

Lawrence,

thank you so much your kind words wich are very much appreciated.

Wishing you and your Family a wonderful Christmas time, and a good start for 2016, your freind

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Thank you very much David,

there are so many nice places in the world I have not seen yet, and I often look up the cities or states where my fellow modelers are located in, just to get a Impression of how wide this lovely forum is spread around the globe

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

WOW, what an absolutely stunning ship, Nils she is gorgeous, you must be so proud of her. 

29 months, from nothing to this beaut. ( I can only dream )

Have a great Christmas and 2016.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Incredible work Niles, your talents are amazing.

You and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Years