HMS PEGASUS by giampieroricci - Scale 1:36 - Swan-Class Sloop from plans by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert

Kevin: I took jewelry lessons some years ago and it was the best thing I could have done to learn to work metal properly. I learned how to cast, silver solder, form metal and many other tricks. Bonus: my wife got a cast white gold ring and silver repoussé necklace out of it. You can't lose!

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

It was definitely worth it from what I see.  I'm surprised to see that the drawers really work as usually most don't go that far in detail.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sferoida said:

The model looks beautiful. Tell me please, are the door fittings painted or burnished? If it is oxidized, how do you protect the wood?

before fitting the door hinges and locks, I applied a coat of shellac to the doors and walls so that the subsequent burnishing of the hinges would not stain the wood underneath.

Really amazing work, such patience, diligence, and technical skill! Actual working  door latches, wow.

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

This is wonderful work.  Thank you for sharing, really inspiring!

Absolutely stunning.  And sliding latches top it off!

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project    Utrecht-1742

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.