Chris,

Due to lack of decent timber supplies in the UK would you be interested at looking at selling timber or timber replacement upgrades for other models.

I only ask as I would love to replace for some of the kits I have already purchased and if you were able to purchase more it might be beneficial  to you as you might get a better price from your supplier.

If not can you reveal where you have obtained it from?

Love this kit, wish I hadn't just finished a cutter. however, won't stop me buying in the future even though will be my third cutter!

Adrian

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Chris,

Due to lack of decent timber supplies in the UK would you be interested at looking at selling timber or timber replacement upgrades for other models.

I only ask as I would love to replace for some of the kits I have already purchased and if you were able to purchase more it might be beneficial  to you as you might get a better price from your supplier.

If not can you reveal where you have obtained it from?

Love this kit, wish I hadn't just finished a cutter. however, won't stop me buying in the future even though will be my third cutter!

Adrian

I ordered enough strip to cover 100 kits, so no extras right now. I did then order the same amount of cherry strip, which I will add as an option at some point. (or, as mentioned, if anyone reads this on here and wants to order one, just let me know).  I wanted to make sure I had enough second planking strips for 100 Alerts and 100 Speedy's.

I had to order a lot to keep the unit price down, but even so, the cost of pear and boxwood was still very high, and is the reason for the £180 price tag (should be a little more, as I changed the winches from metal to cast resin, but I swallowed those costs and put it down to experience)

I am trying to secure some 'standard' wood strip (walnut and/or Tanganyika) and add this as an option for a £155 version of Alert. But I need to make sure I can get it before anything else.

Once I have more money coming in, I will order more strip for sale but right now, I need to concentrate on the actual kits.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

6 minutes ago, Kurt Johnson said:

Any up date on the figures? I could lop off one epaulet an have a Lieutenant for my Alert.

Kurt 

I have had 50 x 1:64 scale cast resin Cochrane figures arrive, but am waiting for a professional painter to paint a figure for me, for picture purposes. Plus I need to find suitable boxes for the ones that will be sold separately.

There are two castings, the main figure and the sword. I am also having a Lord Nelson figure sculpted (for Bristol) right now. I will have 50 of each scale cast when it's ready (64th and 72nd).

logo.jpg

I’m reading all this from the Greek Islands and feel I’m missing out, the release was just as I departed the UK, but never mind just a week to go and I’ll get my order in when I return home, for now I’ll just console myself with another bottle of wine (and another, and .....) 😁.

Gary

Well, the darn thing may actually get here today. According to UPS the package left Newark about 5:45 AM and that’s only about 20 miles away. It actually could get here by 3 PM like they say. Out of all the carriers in our area FedEx, USPS, Amazon and UPS, UPS is the most reliable in my opinion. We’ll see.

Kurt

Member: Ship Model Society of New Jersey

19 hours ago, Kurt Johnson said:

Any up date on the figures? I could lop off one epaulet an have a Lieutenant for my Alert.

Kurt 

Hi Kurt,  I don't think you will need epaulettes for your Alert commander. They weren't officially sanctioned by the navy until 1795, altho' some officers may have worn them some ten years earlier.

Alert was lost in 1778 (taken by the French 17/7/1778) so it is too early for such 'Frenchifications', a much plainer uniform would apply.

B.E.

It's going to be exciting to see these kits show up in the build logs!

I would contribute to a fund, to award one of Chris' captain figures to a builder who has reached the rigging stage..😁

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Delivery from UPS

IMG_4759.jpg.52f11fd815bbfefeb9d3525042a32a80.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg.86a82512e37614f77a6d7fc51759a790.jpg

Not bad service from UPS and great work by Chris and Steve

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Actually I spoke too soon. I think I’m good with the actual parts, except for part 46 (capping, drift rail), which shattered. Also found one sheet of photo etch damaged, but I haven’t decided on if I would use those pieces. 

Kurt

1A8A86BB-03BF-41D7-B11F-698F141B951E.thumb.jpeg.1c40bd2359f97510c49224ce110e2a54.jpeg

77A0FA0D-1F5C-40EE-8545-4C678C9FA1F2.jpeg

Edited by Kurt Johnson

Member: Ship Model Society of New Jersey

HMS Alert pulled into safe harbor in Boone, NC, this afternoon.  There must have been pretty rough seas between Britain and the mountains of NC as evident from the condition of the box upon arrival.  An examination of the contents indicates very minor damage to the long laser cut sheet, but it does not appear to affect the ship's parts themselves.  Thanks to Chris and UPS for great service.  It looks this is going to be one fun project!!!!  Jim P1010554.jpg.4c65af6b8aa3286431ff89a41615ed60.jpgP1010555.jpg.d417a785037cf100d93d8dff6a024cb0.jpgP1010556.jpg.b568cbfb26a5fcf72773c52ba95af42c.jpgP1010557.jpg.d384172ef02f3b6766e418e7b74b2378.jpgP1010558.jpg.d26f32591f225a5ab07f48c58fce2371.jpgP1010559.thumb.jpg.1132c8931a7e4a7fe400f6caedebed7c.jpg

Kurt,

You and I must have had the same UPS delivery person.  I have now found that one Part Nr. 46, the port capping/drift rail (same as yours), broke at the very stem end.  I think I can fix it with a little bit of glue when it comes to putting it on the ship.  There were several laser cut parts that came loose from their positions on the sheet (this is the large, VERY THIN, sheet), but I think I am generally good to go.

Jim 

Bad luck Kurt!  The box mine came in was just slightly bent but all the contents (nicely padded in bubblewrap) are intact.  

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

look's like Chris might have to put an extra sleeve over the box for shipping to the states... Were the delivery guys just kicking them down the road?!? <_< 

Just got back from work, and am shocked at the state of the box and contents! I know we (well, my wife..) took an age packing each box carefully. I will have to look at adding a sleeve.

If anyone has damaged parts, I will gladly send replacements, so don't worry about that.

I have saved some of those pictures and will fire off an email to UPS right now.

logo.jpg