Flower-Class Corvette by Yves Vidal - FINISHED - 1/48 - Bensworx Virtual Kit - 3D printed

32 minutes ago, CDW said:

I have enjoyed following this build so much. Your finished model is superb, Yves. 

Thank you Craig and many thanks to all the people who have supported me, encouraged me and helped me with technical information. You all are the fuel that gets me going when times are difficult and when the motivation suffers....

As I have indicated, there will be another Virtual Kit in the future..... I am in the process of printing parts and gauging the feasibility of that behemoth on my small printer. It will be most unusual and not something that has ever been covered on this forum.

In the meantime, I am back on the Bellona.

Yves

2 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

another Virtual Kit

Me too. I'm fascinated to see where 3D takes modelling. I kind of wish I was about 30 or 40 years younger, young enough to seek my fortune in this field, because there will be young guns who can do in a day what I can only do in a month. Go on Yves, give us a clue 😁

Current builds:

1) HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller)

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/23247-hms-victory-by-kevin-the-lubber-heller-1100-plastic-with-3d-printed-additions/

2) Bluenose II 1:100 (Billing) - paused, not in the mood

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30694-billing-bluenose-ii-1100-no600-by-kevin-the-lubber/

3) Cutty Sark 1:96 Revell

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30964-cutty-sark-by-kevin-the-lubber-revell-196

Stash:

Revell Cutty Sark 1/96 (a spare for later)

Revell Beagle 1/96 (unlikely to ever get built!)

Revell Kearsage 1/96 (can't wait to get started on this)

Revell Constitution 1/96

If at first you don't succeed, buy some more tools.

your new build, would it involve space flight?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Congratulations!  Well done!

Very impressive fleet!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Absolutely beautiful Yves. Its especially impressive to think it all started as a couple of spools of filament. 

I just finished rereading Three Corvettes. Montserrat states that teh aft deck was the only place on the corvette where the whole crew could gather so I think you nailed it perfectly

Great work

Alan

9 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

It has some majesty and fills up the place quite well.

I can bet it does. Not only is it an impressive size but the detail and workmanship. That includes getting the printer to do what you wanted as well as the mods along the way and the finish. It has been a captivating build right from the start.

Yes, I would think that at over four feet long it would have presence as well. I am very glad you did not stop at just building the hull as you were originally thinking. I really enjoyed the journey.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Well done Yves!  Love the display!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

A fantastic build and a beautiful finished model! And a nice printing and weathering job as well. These 3D-printing technology may still be in the beginning stage but the modeling possibilities today are quite impressive. 

Current Build:

HM Brig Badger 1/48 from Caldercraft plans

Le Coureur 1/48 by CAF

Completed Build:

Armed Virginia Sloop 1/48 by Model Shipways / Gallery
HM Cutter Sherbourne 1/64 by Caldercraft / Gallery

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, PAUL REILLY said:

Beautiful work!

I am planning a similar build but don't have a 3D printer. Would you be open to charging for the printing work needed for my build? It would be many the deck superstructures.

Thanks

Paul

Thank you for the compliments. No, I am not open to any printing for multiple reasons: 

- It takes too much time.

- You need to get a printer and jump in with the rest of the crowd. You will not regret it.

- The printing learning curve is not that bad at all. It is a great skill to have.

- You may find a 3D printing club near where you live and they may help you at the beginning.

- I am just too busy.....

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

Paul, there's a 3D forum on here https://modelshipworld.com/forum/34-cad-and-3d-modellingdrafting-plans-with-software/ where you may get a variety of helpful views. My tuppence worth, as an ender 3 pro user is yes, you won't go far wrong with one of these, they are hugely popular for a reason. It's cheaper direct from Creality by the way. While there's some value in starting with the basic machine so you see the benefit of upgrades, I'd recommend three from the outset; a glass platter; capricorn bowden tubing and a filament heater (mine is a sunlu which is, I think, pretty good). Oh, and a multi-pack of spare 0.4mm nozzles and some 3DLac spray. That'll add maybe £60 or £70 to the cost but you'll get good mileage out of these and have a much less painful learning curve. 

Current builds:

1) HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller)

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/23247-hms-victory-by-kevin-the-lubber-heller-1100-plastic-with-3d-printed-additions/

2) Bluenose II 1:100 (Billing) - paused, not in the mood

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30694-billing-bluenose-ii-1100-no600-by-kevin-the-lubber/

3) Cutty Sark 1:96 Revell

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30964-cutty-sark-by-kevin-the-lubber-revell-196

Stash:

Revell Cutty Sark 1/96 (a spare for later)

Revell Beagle 1/96 (unlikely to ever get built!)

Revell Kearsage 1/96 (can't wait to get started on this)

Revell Constitution 1/96

If at first you don't succeed, buy some more tools.

• The title was changed to Flower-Class Corvette by Yves Vidal - FINISHED - 1/48 - Bensworx Virtual Kit - 3D printed