All our problems are solved: post your dodgy solutions

Go to solution Solved by Kolvir,

• 3 weeks later...

The 1972 First Edition of the U.K.'s Model Shipwright "quarterly" publication (actually a hardcover book).

In the Twiggy-era late 60's, early seventies, a tie was optional as the fellow on the left confirms. However, looking on the rear cover of the same issue, some modelers chose not only to wear a suit and tie, but also an attractive chapeau (second photo).

DressupModeler01.thumb.jpg.d010cc4cbf84e1273a4e3cea76c93f0c.jpg

DressupModeler02.thumb.jpg.5fffc19013bed84bb22f95e31e9e0527.jpg

Edited by hollowneck
added text

Then there are the old Lionel Train ads where a dad (minus jacket - but still in dress pants, shirt and tie ... sometimes holding a pipe) is 'helping' (bonding with?) a lad set-up an O-gauge layout, while a mom (wearing  a 50s house dress) looks on with approval.  Sometimes there'd be a girl spying somewhere with a look telegraphing something like, 'I wish I were a boy - then I'd get to play with Dad'.

39 minutes ago, Cathead said:

Here's a rare one that actually includes the daughter!

The family that plays together, stays together! Love this Rockwellian illustration.

Ahh...fond memories... the uncomplicated 50's, when men were just bigger boys and....girls were...uh....

(music for Archie and Edith Bunker) ... And you knew what you were then.  Girls were girls and men were men.  Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.  Didn't need no welfare state, everybody pulled his weight.  Gee, our old LaSalle ran great.  Those were the days !