Le Gros Ventre by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:48 - POF

An extraordinary beautiful work. I also admire the way you use the electrical tools. I have a question if you don't mind. What kind of milling cutter is in the photo and what is its advantage? I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before. Thank you in advance.

Endmill.jpg

Just found this log by a master. As a mere maker of kits with hand tools only, your work is humbling and awe inspiring. After that I am lost for words. Incredible won't even do.

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Thank you guys for compliments. To mtbediz - This is a normal slotting cutter, with only a reduced diameter of the shank to be used in the Proxxon milling machine. (https://www.uni-max.cz/produkty/drevoobrabeni/stopkove-nastroje/drazkovaci-frezy/dvoubrite-kratke/drazkovaci-freza-2br-6-19-8-mm)

I continue with the second - bigger boat. Here I decided to make the frames from one piece only, because in the end the connection of the individual parts of the frames will be hidden under the floor and will not be visible.

LGV_1442.jpg

LGV_1443.jpg

LGV_1444.jpg

LGV_1445.jpg

LGV_1446.jpg

LGV_1447.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 11:10 AM, marsalv said:

Thank you Albert😉.

I continue with making of stern parts - filling transoms, wing transom, fashion pieces.

LGV_035.jpg

LGV_036.jpg

LGV_037.jpg

LGV_038.jpg

LGV_039.jpg

LGV_040.jpg

LGV_041.jpg

LGV_042.jpg

LGV_043.jpg

LGV_044.jpg

I would like to know where you buy the adjustable table that connects between the clamps and the work surface of the mf70, thus allowing milling at a variety of angles Thank you very much for your help

Well done!  Absolutely beautiful model, superb workmanship: you should be proud of this one.

I learned a lot., thank you.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

The case is appropriately austere, so that the model can really shine.  It has been a real pleasure watching this beauty take shape.  I’ve said so before, but one of my favorite features of this model is your particular treatment of the stylized cut-aways; it is unique to you, and really shows the interior to great advantage.  Congratulations on the excellence of your achievement!

What might you have in mind for your next project?

Edited by Hubac's Historian

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

Very beautifully made, well done,

An exquisite model! Congratulations. It's too bad that the details of the lower nested boat are no longer visible. At least there are the photographs to show that you did not skimp.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

This is one of the model logs that I review from page one to finish from time to time. I always find something new and of interest. Congratulations on a first rate model!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Incredible work! Congratulations on completing a beautiful model! It’s been a pleasure watching this build as well as a great learning experience. What’s next?

JJ

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

Beautiful model. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

Just beautiful and incredible to my eye.  I hope to follow along on your next model.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations!  She is amazing.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Congratulations!  Very nicely done!  Excellent work!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Congratulations, this is a fantastic ship model. I had a lot of fun following its construction.

Thank you for sharing your tips and tricks. It's a great help.

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24