Le Gros Ventre by marsalv - FINISHED - 1:48 - POF

Very clever Marsalv. I like the short dowel you've placed in the tailstock to keep them from flying off. There's no short cut for hollowing out the deadeye holes though!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really very impressive work, great construction diary.

Auf der Werkbank:

Corvette La Palme (L'Amarante) von 1744 POF nach Plänen von Ancre

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/32046-la-palme-by-tobias-136-pof/

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/29843-le-coureur-1776-by-tobias-caf-148/

LE ROCHEFORT - Hafenyacht von 1787 1:36 von Tobias (Monographie von ANCRE)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Question about post #422:   The container looks smaller than a standard 'pill sorter.'  Are looks deceiving?  Is it a standard pill holder or something else?  Where could I get a couple of them?  Thanks for reply.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

On 11/8/2022 at 3:06 PM, robert952 said:

Question about post #422:   The container looks smaller than a standard 'pill sorter.'  Are looks deceiving?  Is it a standard pill holder or something else?  Where could I get a couple of them?  Thanks for reply.  

That pill container you are asking about is a travelers pill container. I see these a lot as I am working at an airport.  You have a canister for each day of the week and put the appropriate pills into each day. You can find these easily at most drug stores. 

Edited by bdgiantman2

To robert952: This is not a pill container. These are plastic cups intended for paints, which can be advantageously used for storing small things - see link:

https://www.sevt.cz/produkt/kelimek-plastovy-primo-7-6-ml-25040400820/

https://www.sevt.cz/produkt/kelimek-plastovy-primo-3-75-ml-25041501850/

To Hubac´s Historian:

Chain segments are soldered with silver solder paste. Using solder paste instead of solid solder has the advantage that it is possible to dispense a really minimal amount of solder onto the soldered joint. In places where a really minimal amount is needed, it helps to first heat the soldering parts with a flame and only then dose the solder paste. The solder spreads when it touches a heated area, which makes dosing easier.

To Richard Dunn:

I am going to rig my model, but only rigging without sails.

To Daniel.b:

I only have one stepper motor (x-axis) attached to the MF70, so it doesn't work like a real CNC machine. I only use it for x-axis scrolling (on/off switch). For these purposes, I have made a simple driver to control the stepper motor (i.e. without connecting to a PC).

Topmast deadeyes and futtock-plates. Tops are completed.

LGV_1189.jpg

LGV_1190.jpg

LGV_1191.jpg

LGV_1192.jpg

LGV_1193.jpg

LGV_1194.jpg

LGV_1195.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, No Idea said:

That is awesome work marsalv - I don't actually know what the small blocks on the bowsprit are for but you have put them on so evenly and neatly.  They must have taken ages to align like that.

Hi No Idea. I believe that the small blocks are to help keep the gammoning cable from sliding down on the bowsprit. Believe that the small blocks are called the gammoning cleat's. Gary

Edited by garyshipwright