Nisha by AJohnson - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Brixham 'Mumble-Bee'

Final round of pictures of the finished article.

Thanks to everyone who has followed along and encouraged and advised over the last year and a bit and to @chris watton for a great kit.  Now I have to get a wriggle on (🐌 more like!), I have my Caldercraft Bounty to finish and one of two other projects to do before Vanguard's HMS Surprise is released! 

:cheers:

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

She looks fantastic, very well done, Andrew!

These may be small models, but what they lack in size is more than made up for in character, and you have really brought your kit to life.

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

Really great work. The extra activity on deck really brings it together. The sails look fantastic, hard to tell they are parchment paper. 

A really beautiful looking fishing boat!

The detail you've added to it, has lifted it to another level!

Very nicely done Andrew.

Edited by Edwardkenway

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Beautiful model and display with lots of interesting details. This is a great example of how that a "less complicated" model can be enhanced and made into a wonderful model and display. Really well done, Andrew! 

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Wow, what a fantastic job Andrew!  Love all the details!  Congratulations on a wonderful build.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

What a wonderful job on this model. Bravo for making it so detailed and realistic. And most of all, thank you for sharing this beautiful achievement !

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

Meh, not bad 😂

Seriously, really well done.

As I said before this is the gold standard  for building this kit. A master class.

You really have made it your own, Andrew!

Cheers
Craig 

Current Build

HMS Indefatigable 

Erycina - Vanguard Models

Finished: HM Bomb Vessel Granado - Caldercraft, HMS Pegasus - Victory models, Nisha - Vanguard Models

Thank you all for your kind words, it helped hugely in this build that the kit just went together really well, so that I could put most of my "effort" into adding my own details and not have to wrestle with the kit itself, so credit to Chris for that. :imNotWorthy:

Talking of "wrestling" kits, time to blow the cobwebs off this sadly neglected one... :rolleyes:

IMG_1550.JPG

Andrew, your build of Nisha is amazing. I’m very envious of your skill in adding all the details and those sails are so realistic. My Nisha looks bare and unfinished in comparison! Been fascinating to follow you building her, thank you. 

Dan

Current Build: HM Gun Brig Adder (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Previous Builds: Fifie (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Nisha (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Zulu (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Saucy Jack (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Erycina (Vanguard Models, 1:64), HMS Alert (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Grecian (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Ranger (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Waiting to be Built: Speedy (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Well done Andrew, that is a wonderful model and I love all the extra detailing which really brings it to life.

David

David

Previous Builds

HM Cutter Hunter Mamoli 1:74

Baltic Ketch Scotland - Corel 1:64

HMS Fly - Swan Class ship sloop - Victory models 1:64

HMS Diana - Artois Class Heavy Frigate - Caldercraft - 1:64

HM Cutter Trial 1790 - Vanguard Models - 1:64 

18th Century Merchantman Half Hull - NRG-1:48 

Current Build

HMS Speedy 1782 2023 Edition - Vanguard Models - 1:64

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nisha looks very happy in there Andrew. Did you make the case yourself, or is it custom made?

David

David

Previous Builds

Current Build

2 hours ago, dunnock said:

Nisha looks very happy in there Andrew. Did you make the case yourself, or is it custom made?

David

Made to Measure by acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk, 3mm case on black ash base with black velvet inner.  Nice but not cheap, delivered it is almost as expensive as the basic Nisha Kit was when I bought it!

4 minutes ago, AJohnson said:

Made to Measure by acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk, 3mm case on black ash base with black velvet inner.  Nice but not cheap, delivered it is almost as expensive as the basic Nisha Kit was when I bought it!

A very wise man (Ron @hollowneck) once taught me that if you throw all the receipts away, this hobby is not expensive at all!

20 hours ago, AJohnson said:

The “Nisha” is now in it’s new home, decided that having gone to the trouble of adding sails it need protection from dust. 

FA702EDE-93F1-492C-B9E5-2B60740E3499.jpeg

Looks⁹ great, so beauty work!! Congrats.

This is one recomendation for beginners @chris watton advice me, but I decide start with Saucy Jack, other recomendation

Greetings

Gus

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current build log:

San Francisco Cross Section

37 minutes ago, AJohnson said:

Thanks Andrew. If that ratio of case to kit price holds true for Diana, I'm in trouble!

David

David

Previous Builds

Current Build

3 hours ago, HardeeHarHar said:

A very wise man (Ron @hollowneck) once taught me that if you throw all the receipts away, this hobby is not expensive at all!

A nice case, whether acrylic - and especially glass - will cost more than one's model kit in most cases (pun intended).

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

2 hours ago, dunnock said:

Thanks Andrew. If that ratio of case to kit price holds true for Diana, I'm in trouble!

David

You're in trouble @dunnock. Ten years ago my Diana case (in acrylic) was close to $1,200.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

5 hours ago, Gus M said:

Looks⁹ great, so beauty work!! Congrats.

This is one recomendation for beginners @chris watton advice me, but I decide start with Saucy Jack, other recomendation

Gus, I’ve built both Nisha and Saucy Jack, both are lovely kits to build. Nisha is slightly easier due to a less curved hull shape and a little easier to rig as the belaying pins at the foot of Jack’s mast are fiddly - not a great deal in it though. Enjoy! 

Dan

Current Build: HM Gun Brig Adder (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Previous Builds: Fifie (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Nisha (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Zulu (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Saucy Jack (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Erycina (Vanguard Models, 1:64), HMS Alert (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Grecian (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Ranger (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Waiting to be Built: Speedy (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

37 minutes ago, DB789 said:

Gus, I’ve built both Nisha and Saucy Jack, both are lovely kits to build. Nisha is slightly easier due to a less curved hull shape and a little easier to rig as the belaying pins at the foot of Jack’s mast are fiddly - not a great deal in it though. Enjoy! 

Thsnk you Dan, are beauty works

Greetings

Gus

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Current build log:

San Francisco Cross Section