I've had the same issue from time to time. I'm not sure but I think it might be related to how well the internet connection is at the time one is trying to download photos. This is purely a guess on my part. 

I had this problem too. I’ve uploaded 15-16 at once before. Today I had it with an upload of 10, it uploaded 9 but not the tenth. I finally had to upload a different version of the photo, once it didn’t like the 10th one it just refused to accept it. 

Edited by glbarlow

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

I've been getting that error just now with an update to my log.  Sheer bloody mindedness and repeating the same procedure over and over (a sign of madness I believe?) and most of the pictures did go on.  They were all resized and small, but the server was not having a couple of them? 🤔

I just retook the same photo and loaded it, I rejected algo rhythm’s summary judgement of my photo’s quality and fooled it by replacing it with its twin. Take that Algo and your EC200. 🙃

Edited by glbarlow

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Hi All - I too have had this problem.  For what it's worth, I took the photos that failed to load, put them in Photoshop and re-exported them as .jpgs.  Similar to BE and Glenn's "twin" technique.  I didn't realize this was a site wide problem and thought perhaps it was an issue with my formatting - I mostly use a pretty high end Canon EOS 1D Mark IV. 

Edited by Moonbug

So you know how sometimes someone uses a ship term that's wrong, and the experts chime in to tell them, "Well actually..."

Finally I get to do one of those.  Hey we all get to be pedantic in some areas ;)

200 response code is not an error.  It is simply indicating the request was handled without issue, and the server has answered back "OK" to the request.  Technically, it is defined as a "success status response indicating that the request has succeeded".

In fact all response codes in the 200-299 range indicate success in the request (i.e, not error).  Failures would normally return something from 400-499 (Client error response), or 500-599 (Server error response). 

Of course that doesn't mean the server didn't encounter an error and returned the OK response in error.  That's my guess as a bona fide professional of what's happening.

See the link below for a list of all response codes and how they are categorized.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status

Edited by Tim Holt

Tim

Current Build:  Swift Pilot Boat 1805 (AL)

On Deck: Triton Cross Section, Harvey (AL), Falcon US Coast Guard (AL), Flying Fish (Model Shipways)

Hi everyone, I also had this problem last night.  I tried multiple times to upload ten jpegs.  Four of them induced an error.  During one attempt, a file would get an error and on another attempt the same file wouldn’t get an error.  Tried uploading one file at a time. Tried edited files and unedited files.  All of this was tried on two different updated Windows 10 PCs.  Finally ended up just using the photos that were accepted.  My guess would be sunspots. 🙂

Regards……..Paul 

Completed Builds   Glad Tidings Model Shipways. -   Nordland Boat. Billings Boats . -  HM Cutter Cheerful-1806  Syren Model Ship Company. 

1 hour ago, Paul Le Wol said:

My guess would be sunspots. 🙂

Drinking coffee while reading MSW post should be done with caution........oh well, my computer screen needed to be cleaned anyway.

Edited by Keith Black

Had this problem with 1 photo
Photo saved as a paint version and problem was solved

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

The error is still there. I had one photo rejected just now, out of seven. As before, saving it under a different name and reloading it solved the problem.

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

8 hours ago, DelF said:

The error is still there. I had one photo rejected just now, out of seven. As before, saving it under a different name and reloading it solved the problem.

It is still there. I'm still currently trying to fathom it out.

Whatever the problem is, it's likely a host issue setting that needs to be fathomed, or it could be caused by our Sucuri proxy. This will take some time, especially as it's now Christmas and I have numerous other family commitments that will take priority. 

For the time, just keep re-uploading any failed images.

Thanks. I thought I was just stupid until I read of others having the same problem

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

I hope there's a solution forthcomming from the software folks, James.   I'm seeing comments about photos not uploading in the build logs also.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

26 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

I hope there's a solution forthcomming from the software folks, James.   I'm seeing comments about photos not uploading in the build logs also.

One thing is for certain, nothing has actually changed here with regard to software updates since December 8th. Are these problems from that point or going back way further?

5 minutes ago, James H said:

One thing is for certain, nothing has actually changed here with regard to software updates since December 8th. Are these problems from that point or going back way further?

That is one deep dive into the software which I don't envy anyone.   When I did software, those were called "landmines"....  Good luck.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

1 hour ago, James H said:

Happened to me for the first time on Saturday. I’d posted another batch of photos after the 8th before Saturday without problem. 

Cheers, Derek

I had the error message twice last week, then on the 3rd attempt it loaded. Just had the error message while trying to use my I pad to take the picture and go directly to the site. No go. Took the picture with my phone, loaded the picture onto computer and then dragged it into the thread (my Lady Nelson) and it worked fine.

Dave

Current builds: Rattlesnake

Completed builds: Lady Nelson

On the shelf: NRG Half Hull Project, Various metal, plastic and paper models

Didn't work yesterday but haven't since beginning of week. Same pictures failed multiple times but others OK (direct from computer). Later, copy/paste from another site without problems

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

I have seen similar problems with photos in other programs over the years. In some cases it was the problem of the software that generated the photo (camera, phone, etc.). There are a lot of inexperienced programmers out there who are producing flaky software! In some cases the header information in the file was incorrect or didn't match the file type. For example, if a PNG file is renamed or saved as a JPG file, some programs will open it anyway and some won't.

The solution is to open the file in a reliable photo editor (Microsoft MS Paint works fine, and it is supplied with every copy of Windows, or was up thorough Win 10). Just open the file and save it as a JPG file. This will write over an original bad JPG file and save it with the correct header info.

C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.exe

Edited by Dr PR

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to explain the current problem, at least in my case. I’ve taken a series of photos with the same device, saved them on the same PC and all organised in Photoshop. Some photos in the batch upload fine; others show the 200 error. This has never happened before. Others seem to be experiencing the same issue. 

Cheers, Derek

35 minutes ago, DelF said:

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to explain the current problem, at least in my case. I’ve taken a series of photos with the same device, saved them on the same PC and all organised in Photoshop. Some photos in the batch upload fine; others show the 200 error. This has never happened before. Others seem to be experiencing the same issue. 

Yes, but does this, from memory, go back further than early December?

Ok,

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to replicate an error. If you have had this problem, please can you PM me only with the following information, as it makes it easier than trawling through one large conversation:

1. How many photos did you last upload to get the error?

2. How long have you experienced this error for?

3. What image format are you uploading (jpeg, jpg, JPG etc.)?

4. Are you experiencing the problem on UPLOAD or after, when you click the SUBMIT button?

Please don't supply any other info unless you think it's relevant. 

I'm going to lock this topic now as this is the only way to look at data from individuals about this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I did spot a work around for this issue.   One of the builders got the error and posted without the photo that failed.   Then hit "edit" and added it and it worked.   Those of you experiencing this might try it.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: