Messerschmitt Bf-109E-4 by ccoyle - FINISHED - Halinski - 1/33 - CARD

50 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

I have to realistically conclude that they are really only suitable for a very tiny minority of modelers.

Like all things brother, you will reach that level of skill, all it takes is repetition.... Although I think you are already there...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Thought you all might enjoy this little exchange that took place in a Facebook group after I shared some pictures there.

Every group of modelers has "that guy" who is nit-picky to the nth degree:

image.png.f2c4fe21bef8dea4e4edbd52dd461a29.png

The best way to respond to such a character is to beat him to the punch. Here's my reply to him:

image.png.a372cf6fc0e7f15ddf6c0776cf918350.png

In case anyone wonders, Mr. Karczewski's comments were the only negative ones posted, and no, I'm not bothered by them -- mainly just amused. 😉

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Chris,

Amazing work!  Well done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

1 hour ago, ccoyle said:

Thought you all might enjoy this little exchange that took place in a Facebook group after I shared some pictures there.

Every group of modelers has "that guy" who is nit-picky to the nth degree:

image.png.f2c4fe21bef8dea4e4edbd52dd461a29.png

The best way to respond to such a character is to beat him to the punch. Here's my reply to him:

image.png.a372cf6fc0e7f15ddf6c0776cf918350.png

In case anyone wonders, Mr. Karczewski's comments were the only negative ones posted, and no, I'm not bothered by them -- mainly just amused. 😉

One of the (many) standout things about MSW is the very supportive camaraderie on here. There is only one person on here that constantly does this on build logs and fortunately MSW provides an “Ignore” facility 😄👏

Love your reply Chris 🤣

my word Chris........usually I can follow along.....but lately,  I find myself bringing up the rear.   I really enjoyed reading the progress though........you handled the tough points wonderfully! :)   and bro......you've turned out one hell of a model here.........you've done an awesome job!  it looks so good!  you handled the nay sayer well too...........reminds me of the reason why I don't visit >a certain site< anymore.........folks who thing they know it all.  I simply replied that I followed the info from the Wiki,  and it has the ability to be updated,  so if they are so all-knowing,  perhaps they should go there and update it  ;)   this is why I love it her so much........we are all of constructive minds,  and THAT is how we post our observations.  from what I see.......it appears that you've accepted the torch that Dan carried.  that's pretty honorable...and as it appears,  the right man for the task ;) 

great looking plane.........what's next?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I'll have to catch up on your England too :blush:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

5 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

it appears that you've accepted the torch that Dan carried.  that's pretty honorable...and as it appears,  the right man for the task ;) 

Amen Brother...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Guy is acting the troll. Oh well.

These kits are gorgeously built Chris. I'll keep following.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild