Sloop Speedwell 1752 by Chuck - Ketch Rigged Sloop - POF - prototype build

Are you, by any chance, going to make the capsquares available as a stand alone purchase for use with the resin barrels and gun carriages already available? I hope so!

I am presently rigging the guns on my Winchelsea. I shall follow your rigging of the guns with interest and I suspect a sinking feeling when I see how a master does it.

Best wishes

Fred

I wish I could.   I dont think I can make them that small.  The ones for speedwell are about as small as I can make them.

Chuck

It seemed to work out just fine....But I will let you guys be the judge.

These are so small.  But they will save so much time.  They are very difficult to photograph being black....ish.

These take a while to cut so please comment on yea or nay.   I dont want to make a bunch and then nobody buys them.  I would say $10 per set to cover all the guns on the Winnie.

capsquares.jpg

Wish I had the choice back when I made mine, my answer would have been yes. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Oh I would have gotten them too. 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

15 hours ago, Chuck said:

It seemed to work out just fine....But I will let you guys be the judge.

These are so small.  But they will save so much time.  They are very difficult to photograph being black....ish.

These take a while to cut so please comment on yea or nay.   I dont want to make a bunch and then nobody buys them.  I would say $10 per set to cover all the guns on the Winnie.

capsquares.jpg

Too late for my Winnie but perhaps my Portland (someday) will like a few sets of these.

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

I vote "yea" for 1:48 capsquares!

They look amazing.

Ken

NO PIRACY 4 ME! (SUPPORTING CHUCKS' IDEA)

Current Build:  

Washington 1776 Galley

Pilot Boat Mary of Norfolk

Completed Builds:

Continental Boat Providence   (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Continental Ship Independence  (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Rattlesnake   (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Armed Virginia Sloop  (from Completed Gallery)

Fair American (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build Log)

MemberShip Model Society of New Jersey

Nautical Research Guild

Give me a few days and I will make about a dozen packages for the Winnie.  I will post when they are ready and available in my store.

Thank You!!!   There is now a small quantity available in my store.   They are on the Winnie page.

Chuck

Sorry - I can't fine the capsquares on the HMS Winchester page or the Ship Model Cannon page.

Cheers.

Ken

NO PIRACY 4 ME! (SUPPORTING CHUCKS' IDEA)

Current Build:  

Washington 1776 Galley

Pilot Boat Mary of Norfolk

Completed Builds:

Continental Boat Providence   (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Continental Ship Independence  (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Rattlesnake   (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build)

Armed Virginia Sloop  (from Completed Gallery)

Fair American (from Completed Gallery)  (from MSW Build Log)

MemberShip Model Society of New Jersey

Nautical Research Guild

10 hours ago, KenW said:

Sorry - I can't fine the capsquares on the HMS Winchester page or the Ship Model Cannon page.

Cheers.

https://syrenshipmodelcompany.com/hms-winchelsea-1764.php#!/Cap-Square-set-for-Winnie-Cannon-fits-1-15-16-and-1-9-16-Carriages/p/674735038/category=36635011

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

Those are really quite amazing Chuck. I’ve spent a bit of time now really thinking about how you made those on the laser table and I’m coming up with a blank stare into my coffee cup. They look 3D printed.