HMS Pegasus 1776 by Trussben - 1:48 - Swan class sloop based on TFFM

good work Ben,

the Framework is coming on very well

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thanks AP, Rusty, Nils and for all the likes.

Rusty - it's good to see you back around.

So the rough fairing has been completed and frame pair K which is the first frame bend has now been installed with its spacers. I am making and installing the floor spacers from 4" Swiss pear as the square frames go in, and the frame bend spacers are 4" boxwood that I hope will give a little bit of contrast.

As of today, frame 14fore and frame pair J have been cut out and need assembly, hopefully over next few days.

Ben

post-234-0-26677600-1411323484_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-52862800-1411323499_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-34049600-1411323513_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-58666700-1411323526_thumb.jpg

Ahoy Ben :D 

It is simply amazing to watch your progress and what it takes to build POF.  

Thx for sharing 

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Michael and all the likes.

Currently rough fairing the inside of those last frames that were installed, I find I need to do it every 6 to 8 frames that are added to give plenty of access.

Also Frame pairs 10 and 9 are being constructed.

So I'am packing up my Echo cross section and heading to St Louis tomorrow for the NRG conference, hope to meet many people and learn some new things.

ben

Thanks Alan,

I'm looking forward to it. As for your question, the rough fairing gets me within a 1/32" to 1/16" of final dimension, got to be careful at this point not to take too much off and breakthrough a chock joint! If that happens the frame has to come back out and be replaced.

You making any progress on your Echo? I'am showing mine at the conference and look forward to seeing some beautiful models.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Looking really good there and as you said careful on that sanding. ;)

Enjoy the conference. Wish I was going to be there! :(

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Thanks Michael and all the likes.

Currently rough fairing the inside of those last frames that were installed, I find I need to do it every 6 to 8 frames that are added to give plenty of access.

Also Frame pairs 10 and 9 are being constructed.

So I'am packing up my Echo cross section and heading to St Louis tomorrow for the NRG conference, hope to meet many people and learn some new things.

ben

Wish I could of made it out there this year but work was a bit too busy. Maybe next year. Your Echo cross section pretty nice as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the likes and generous comments.

Slow going at my dockyard but another four frame pairs have been installed along with another gunport and then rough internal fairing, then the admiral decreed that the workshop needed cleaning.

Ben

post-234-0-61535400-1415564160_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-36531300-1415564178_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-67940700-1415564198_thumb.jpg

Admirals are like that.  Maybe you need to move the refrigerator so she won't come into it often? 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Pegasus looks great.  But Admiral is right.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi Ben,

You are really doing some great work and don't worry all Admiral's want the shop ship shape!

Hopefully you don't have to holystone the deck too! ;) As long as you have the storage unit in

there it would always be Aye Aye Admiral! :D 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout