Having seen this saw in Clare's post http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10860-yakatabune-by-catopower-woody-joe-124-scale-small/page-2#entry330886, I decided to order one from Zootoyz.jp.

It took about 10 days to arrive from Japan. 

post-12980-0-72919900-1438736983_thumb.jpg

The saw is small and with a very narrow blade. Here is a comparison with my x-acto razor saw.

post-12980-0-08138200-1438736982_thumb.jpg

These are some sample cuts on 1/8" sq basswood. post-12980-0-13301400-1438736983.jpg The HISHIKA is on the right.

The saw came very well packed. It was inside 2 heavy plastic sleeves then wrapped in this cloth, then bubble wrap, all in a box. 

post-12980-0-45008000-1438736984_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure of the significance of this guy :) .

The saw is not cheap, about $25 with shipping, but is very nice and well worth the money.

Zootoyz were very helpful and responsive.

Here is the link to the site http://zootoyz.jp/contents/en-us/d141_HISHIKA_Super_Fine_Cut_Saw_.html

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Glad you like the saw. I feel a bit responsible for Kazunori at Zootoyz having ordered a stock of them after I asked him about carrying the product. They weren't selling very well at first and I expect it was mostly because nobody knew he had them. So, I had to "spread the gospel."

The towel is something he recently started doing, including small gifts with each order. It's a nice touch. I got a towel with The Great Wave painting on it. Maybe they'll end up being like trading cards "Collect all 10!"

Druxey, I love that you know the name of the artist and the actor in that painting. You never cease to amaze me!

Clare

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived in the post today! :) Complete with decorative towel, duly handed over to the Admiral.

When I went to order from the website it said out of stock, so I sent them an email expressing my interest. They confirmed when they were expecting more in and politely asked me if I would like them to send me an invoice. I agreed, received the invoice, which I promptly paid vis PayPal, and my order was shipped the next day. Took about two weeks to get here, which seems to be pretty standard for anything ordered from overseas, regardless of country of origin.

• 3 weeks later...

No freebies, but check out the small saws here. I've got some, plus the PE bending tools, and am well pleased with all of them.

http://www.radubstore.com/

Al

They have some nice looking stuff. Before you know it, I'd got 35 Euros of items in my cart. I may need to trim(!) this a bit.

These look interesting

post-12980-0-07308900-1442284050.png

Thanks for the link Al.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Folks, I don't know whether you knew about these saws, they look exactly the same but with more options - and ridiculously expensive! 

http://www.flex-i-file.com/hyper-cut-saws-blades.php

I purchased the Ninja Hyper Cut Saw - Angled fine cut. I reckon it has at least 3 teeth per mm. I use it to cut out my gun ports. One has to be very careful to not be too eager with the stroke or the blade will fold and I'm sure make you curse your investment. I wax the blade before every cut.

Best, Ian

Passing this on.

I've been checking Zootoyz.jp site for the availability of the saw with no luck. So I emailed to find when it would be available, their return email said the website is not up to date and zootoy.jp will send a paypal invoice for the saw and ship it. So if you want to order one use the contact tab on the left side of their web page and request the saw. If you order at night you'll have an answer in the morning, at least that is what happened for me.

• 3 weeks later...